Glover is such a bad ass

Just subbed a 36 year old fighter coming off a loss and a knee surgery + year long layoff

wouldn’t call that a lion but at LHW that might be

I slightly disagree with your statement but you get points for avatar.

83DDhwU.jpg

Dude is an absolute beast, much respect, but his days are numbered. Thiago had a couple chances to end the fight and completely blew it. Embarrassing off his back.

Glover’s story ends violently and not in his favor.
Embarrassing indeed. I had no idea he was such shit in the guard.

I wish Glover was able to come to the US in his prime but unfortunately he had Visa issues. He seems like a great guy, and has some awesome stories to tell. I would love to share a beer with this guy
I believe he was very much in his prime when he came to the UFC. He was 33.

Good to see Glover on a 5 fight win streak. Wasn't surprised that he beat overrated Santos. I hope the UFC gives Glover the next title shot, he has deserved it and if he loses it's time to retire. His chin is rather weak and he has taken quite a lot of punishment in the last couple of years. It's a bit funny that an old dog LHW who has always been relevant but few steps behind the elite, is now beating up the former MW contenders and making them look mediocre. LHW really has turned into shit - not only because Jones' fight IQ gets worse and worse (why strike with Santos?) but because there are literally no elite LHWs left, all of them are in the position now because the elite have retired or moved to another weight class. A bit like LW - whoever wins the belt is still only going to be the 2nd best LW and it feels a bit pointless when you know they'd lose with ease to the former champ.

I'd like to see him get his title shot and retire, win or lose. He takes soooo much punishment, even in his wins. As others have said, he seems like a really good dude, I'd like to see him have a chance to enjoy his later years.

Dude is just as tough as they come.

Took all Santos hit him with, and just kept coming at him.

Pure will.

I truly think he will go down as a legend of the sport whether he ultimately captures the belt on this run or not (and let's face it he deserves a title shot and while Jan would be a tough fight for him, I think he at least has the potential to pull it off). He has many very good wins. He has tons of exciting fights. His style is ultra fan friendly- power in his hands, bludgeoning top game, and terrific bjj skills. Plus he has that Maia-esque likability factor where he just seems like one of the nicest guys in the sport so you can't help but root for the guy.

I expected Santos to put him away but Glover showed why you cannot count him out, even in his 40s.

I'd like to see him get his title shot and retire, win or lose. He takes soooo much punishment, even in his wins. As others have said, he seems like a really good dude, I'd like to see him have a chance to enjoy his later years.

An awesome thing would be if Izzy/Jan gets put off and Glover gets his title shot, pulls off the win and then retires. That would just be a great story.

Glover laying down that Grandpa strength. Love seeing him humble these young kids..

Back