Glover fight: easy fame for Jones

luckaks

Green Belt
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong: Gus is a great fighter. But he is not truly a fenom. He was so good against jones for a specific reason. The truth that styles makes fights here should be consider like this: body structure makes fights. Thats why i dont have any more interest in seeing jones against guys like Glover. F. that. Those are not fights - its only easy money and fame for Jones.

Lol.

Gus is on the same level as Jones. Your bs talk doesn't change the fact that Gus took him down twice, boxed the shit out of him and send him to the hospital. According to most of the fans and most of the pro mma fighter he won.

Lol.

Gus is on the same level as Jones. Your bs talk doesn't change the fact that they beat the shit out of each other and both went to the hospital. According to most of the fans and most of the pro mma fighter he won.

It should read like this. Also, the 3 judges and every reputable journalist/site covering the fight scored it for Jon. Fans opinions many times are skewed by like/dislike for a fighter, as for actual fighters, I haven't seen any interviews/comments on the fight, do you have any links, I'm interested in seeing some...?

I must be missing something...

Fedor-Hong-Man-Choi.jpg

Mauricio-Rua-vs.-Cyrille-Diabate.png

22816.jpg

susumu07.jpg

Glover will not be an easy fight and easy money for Jones. I think Glover will be a big challenge for Jones.
Glover is a strong and good skilled mma fighter. Jones can be easily knock out in this fight.

Lol.

Gus is on the same level as Jones. Your bs talk doesn't change the fact that Gus took him down twice, boxed the shit out of him and send him to the hospital. According to most of the fans and most of the pro mma fighter he won.

To beat the Champ you gotta beat him ..WITH NO DEBATE AND DESTROY HIM OR KNOCK HIS OUT.... you dont give real close fights to the contender. if Gus was the champ and Jones came in there and fought like he did then Gus probsbly would retained his title. You slways give the edge to the Champion. Gus will have a chance again after he fights Mousasi....

I think you're gonna get surprised TS. Glover might not win, but he won't be an easy fight for anyone. He has very good grappling and throws bricks. If he can close the distance, he will hurt Jones.

I agree fighting much smaller guys has made Jones' life a lot easier though. Gus made that very clear.

I think you're gonna get surprised TS. Glover might not win, but he won't be an easy fight for anyone. He has very good grappling and throws bricks. If he can close the distance, he will hurt Jones.

I agree fighting much smaller guys has made Jones' life a lot easier though. Gus made that very clear.

"what he said"

Here we go with the stupidity again......for a couple months it was Gus has no chance and now Glover.

Watch his fights moron.....look at what he does well......if you cant see how he poses a threat then you dont know what your talking about.

Im not going to go out and say Glover will upset Jones, I think he has the tools to beat him and its going to be a tough fight. Im really not leaning towards anyone in this fight yet.

I will let you in on a little something here.......fighters have this thing called a training camp where they prepare and train for months....in this case for the next 5 months to get ready. So what you see from both guys, isnt exactly what your going to see fight night. Why do you guys predict the outcome of a fight, 5 months before when they havent even prepared. Its like predicting a score of a test before studying for it.

Gus is a bad match up for Jon Jones. Tex will be more what Jones is used to dealing with.

Gus is a bad match up for Jon Jones. Tex will be more what Jones is used to dealing with.

Really?? When did Jones fight a combination power puncher with a well rounded striking game. On top of that mixing up good takedowns, submission and great GNP???

Dont get me wrong: Gus is a great fighter. But he is not truly a fenom. He was so good against jones for a specific reason. The truth that styles makes fights here should be consider like this: body structure makes fights. Thats why i dont have any more interest in seeing jones against guys like Glover. F. that. Those are not fights - its only easy money and fame for Jones.

Look on the bright side, Gus is a developing fighter and he'll do better with more time to prepare for his rematch.

Really?? When did Jones fight a combination power puncher with a well rounded striking game. On top of that mixing up good takedowns, submission and great GNP???

You have to have speed and reach/size to do what Gus did to Jones. Tex does not have that luxury and I love Glover.

Glover and Gus have the same reach.

Glover will be no pushover for Jones.

I love Glover, if he wins the belt I'm going crazy. Realistically though you have remove bias opinion ans country pride from it. Glover is not particularly explosive, but he does have good boxing, and throws real heavy hands. His grappling is great, and his wrestling isnt phenomenal, but it is good. Here's the reality we have to face as Glover fans, he got his s*** rocked against Maldonado and against Bader. He also tends to plod forward alot, and remember this more than anything, he's looked gassed before the 3rd, his cardio isn't out of this world, and its definitely not 5 rounds worthy. All things he can work on, hope he comes in sharp and finishes it early

Hopefully Jones shows up at 50% this time and Glover touches his jaw/armbars him.
Glover has pretty much the same "advertised" reach as Gus by the way (doesn't mean much) and I don't think it'll be a factor as much as his speed.

Wec24-sokoudjou-teixeira_display_image.jpg

Any statement that says Gustafsson was not at the same skill level as Jones would only have merit up to the point that Jones is just slightly better. The proof is in that 5 rounder we all just watched and I for one was prepared for Jones to lose at several points during the match.

What's better is that he will need to change his game plan a bit since he appears beatable at this point. Also with the division having a few prospects, its does not make sense for him to move up to HW due to dominance of the division.

The results of the fight make me more excited to see his next fight and how he as well as his opponents use what happened in the Gustafsson match as a base for possibly unseating Jones or conversely changing his game up and solidifying the position further.

To beat the Champ you gotta beat him ..WITH NO DEBATE AND DESTROY HIM OR KNOCK HIS OUT.... you dont give real close fights to the contender.

Whether or not it ought to be this way, it clearly isn't. BJ Penn vs Edgar 1 and Edgar vs Henderson 1 are both proof that in actual current practice judges don't hold to your maxim.

Back