Glove padding

Tom123

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking at buying some gloves and have been told that they have the padding in the picture below. Does anyone have any opinions on this padding set up? Your input would be appreciated

Thanks
Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 26
Interesting. May I ask where and how did you acquire this padding system diagram?

Top Boxer (topboxer11 , [email protected]) may be able to design this if he has all of the materials. He makes awesome custom gloves.

Yes I know of him, this was given to me from another supplier. Do you think the set up of this would be fine? I think for a bag glove yes, my only real concern would be for sparring purposes maybe a another thin layer of soft foam on the outside... or is that just an unnecessary layer?

That should produce a pretty protective glove though 5 layers does sound somewhat excessive. From what I've seen some high end Thai brands go up to 4 layers: http://www.ringsport.com.au/blog/boxing-glove-inner-foam

That said Lemarr make a glove called the MK2 with 5 layer padding which according to reviews on here is a very good glove.

On the flip side brands like Winning only use three layers and are they are considered gold standard when it comes to protection for very good reason.

Ah nice link I hadn't come across that one. But yeah I can only assume with Winning etc that the technology they put into their padding means they can produce a glove with less layers and still maintain protection

Back