glove dilemma

KShaft, I am very much looking forward to that comparative review. If you could also do one for your Winning headgear, that'd be awesome.

Btw, you mentioned your coach's reaction to the Cletos you bought. Since you can't spar with them, are you going to be using them for bag and padwork? That's what I'm going to be using my Reyes gloves for primarily, when I get them.

I have a hard time forming a fist with them because right now my left middle finger is messed up somehow. Its stiff when I try to move it around, but if I put pressure on the knuckle or finger theres no pain so I think its a ligament or tendon problem (its been like this for around 3 weeks too). Im going to give em away to someone who is helping me out with my training.
Ill let you know how he likes em. Did I mention their profile?
my gloves look like these:
Reyes Limited Edition Training Gloves at Ringside.com

Not like these

Cleto Reyes Training Gloves at Ringside.com

only mine have a velcro strap and are all blanco!

If I ever get to spar Ill tell you how the head gear is. Ive at least tried it on and it feels a lot better than my twins head gear but I guess thats to be expected.

KShaft, I am very much looking forward to that comparative review. If you could also do one for your Winning headgear, that'd be awesome.

Btw, you mentioned your coach's reaction to the Cletos you bought. Since you can't spar with them, are you going to be using them for bag and padwork? That's what I'm going to be using my Reyes gloves for primarily, when I get them.

I have a hard time forming a fist with them because right now my left middle finger is messed up somehow. Its stiff when I try to move it around, but if I put pressure on the knuckle or finger theres no pain so I think its a ligament or tendon problem (its been like this for around 3 weeks too). Im going to give em away to someone who is helping me out with my training.

Not like these

If I ever get to spar Ill tell you how the head gear is. Ive at least tried it on and it feels a lot better than my twins head gear but I guess thats to be expected.

Not like these

Sucks to hear about that injury, man. Best to have it looked at if it persists any longer, and I wish you luck with the healing process. I had a hand ligament injury a year ago and it took a long while to heal, and I probably should've had it checked sooner than I did.

I got my lace up Cletos in yesterday, and they're the same as those with the wide profile. I think all the Mexican-market gloves have that wide fisted design. The padding is thin for 18oz gloves, but not as hard as I'd expected. Guess I was expecting Cletos to have super solid foam, so I was a bit surprised.

You got the medium size for the FG-2900 right? I really want to get those for my next headgear, but I'm not at all sure what size I ought to get.

Sucks to hear about that injury, man. Best to have it looked at if it persists any longer, and I wish you luck with the healing process. I had a hand ligament injury a year ago and it took a long while to heal, and I probably should've had it checked sooner than I did.

I got my lace up Cletos in yesterday, and they're the same as those with the wide profile. I think all the Mexican-market gloves have that wide fisted design. The padding is thin for 18oz gloves, but not as hard as I'd expected. Guess I was expecting Cletos to have super solid foam, so I was a bit surprised.

You got the medium size for the FG-2900 right? I really want to get those for my next headgear, but I'm not at all sure what size I ought to get.

Yeah I got the medium one, it fits me fine, but Im a 5'3" tall guy. Maybe the wide profile gloves are the ones that get the rep for being a punchers glove (not taking into consideration the pro fight gloves...). Well on 24/7 Mayweather vs. De La Hoya, De La Hoya used Cletos on the bag and pads but switched to Winnings when sparring. They didnt look like the wide profile fist ones, but I couldnt tell if they were fight gloves or training gloves. Id guess training because they looked kinda big.

On the injury, thanks for the words, but Im not sure what a doctor can do for this kind of injury. I dont have insurance(well kinda) so Id just go to the VA and they wouldnt do too much.

Let us know about the Cletos...

Not sure HOw heavy you want for Sparring Gloves, but I own a pair of Hayabusa 16 oz, Sparring Gloves...they fit snug and nice, and Ive been sparring hardcore with them and provide GREAT wrist and all around protection....Plus It has an MMA feel to it when you get hit by it...its nice and great for training, not to mention the inside of the glove is made with Really nice and soft material. Just my opinion.

Back