News GLORY X WON - Rivals 5 in Mexico, Jan. 28

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score

GLORY Announces Rivals 5
Wednesday, Dec 14 2022 by GLORY Press Office

GLORY, the world’s premier kickboxing organization, announced the full fight card for GLORY Rivals 5, taking place January 28th in Tulum, Mexico in collaboration with War of Nations.

In the main event, former GLORY Featherweight Title Challenger Abraham Vidales will face Tomás Aguirre,a native of Argentina who has finished 22 of his 26 wins.

In the co-main event, top-10 GLORY middleweight contender Ivan Galaz will meet Renan Altamiro. The bout will mark Galaz’s first appearance inside the GLORY ring since 2019.

Also featured on the card, GLORY debutants Jonas Julio and Javier Aparicio will square off in a welterweight clash, and top-five GLORY featherweight contender Denis Wosik will go for his third consecutive victory as he takes on Marcos Rios.

Additionally, top-ten GLORY lightweight contender Bruno Gazani will fight Nick Chasteen, and former Super Bantamweight Title Challenger Sarah Moussaddak will meet Giuliana Cosnard to open the card.

Tickets to GLORY Rivals 5 are available HERE. For viewing information, visit GLORYKickboxing.com.

GLORY Rivals 5 full fight card:

• Abraham Vidales vs Tomás Aguirre
  • Jonas Julio vs Javier Aparicio
  • Ivan Galaz vs Renan Altamiro
  • Denis Wosik vs Marcos Rios
  • Bruno Gazani vs Nick Chasteen
  • Tessa de Kom vs Giuliana Cosnard

https://www.glorykickboxing.com/news/glory-announces-rivals-5:46db361b-1b61-4764-a673-bf7f5df3f54d

Full fightcard:

How to watch:

upload_2023-1-27_15-37-59.jpeg

upload_2022-12-14_18-39-7.jpeg

Last edited:
Completely unexpected, damn. This is interesting! Idk any of these names so far (except Vidales of course) but I am very curious to see what they can do; gonna have some fun trying to research them. Highlighting these lesser known areas for Kickboxing will hopefully pay off and help the grow the sport :)

Completely unexpected, damn. This is interesting! Idk any of these names so far (except Vidales of course) but I am very curious to see what they can do; gonna have some fun trying to research them. Highlighting these lesser known areas for Kickboxing will hopefully pay off and help the grow the sport :)
Ivan Galaz fought a few times in GLORY. He also does MMA.
Here’s his fight against Matt Baker at GLORY 68

He also fought Cesar Almeida two times in WGP, most recently last September.
Here’s their fight from 3 years ago

Damn that’s a long way.
Mexico sounds so close to America, but in reality that’s a by far longer distance than I’ve ever travelled inside Europe lol
Ya just California alone would span many countries in Europe. This is at the way bottom end of Mexico too, while I'm in Northern California. Would be a quick flight from Florida though.

I got super excited for a sec but it's just some Mexican ripoff One? Lame. Should be called Juan Championship

Back