GLORY will not organise any events in the Netherlands for the time being.

There might be another, more trustable reason: covid restrictions and due to fear is not possible to get enough $ with tickets sales.
This covid in EU/EEZ induces so much fear.
One euro boxing promoter usually had 5-6-7 events per 1 year, last year: only 1 event.

All these businesses: restaurants, pubs, gyms etc are impacted:
europe does have lockdowns, partial lockdowns and other things.
No one knows when will be next lockdown or partial lockdown.
This has already been a reality for the last 2 years and they still managed to put shows on there, with delays granted.

I wouldn't think this would be more of a reason than what they stated in regards to strict punishment for a failed test. You wouldn't have to announce that you aren't hosting events there, you just wouldn't do it.

If anything them making this announcement opens them up to more criticism, as it gives the implication that they want to avoid punishments for doping. Would be easier to just not do shows in certain areas because of restrictions and use that as an excuse.

Glory is a dead man walking at this stage. They're holding for dear life with partnerships with Enfusion and Rise but I don't see a bright future for them in general. Less and less events, fighters signing to ONE FC and other orgs, and so on.
One fc is king now

I don't really understand what's the issue here. The fighter would still be able to fight in other countries? I don't think there's any international sanctioning involved? The only problem then would be if the commission in Netherlands would give them problem in Netherlands if they have their banned fighters fighting abroad instead?

So a few years ago I was doing a little run in my hometown. In the industrial part of town my eye fell on an old building with a familiar logo. Turned out to be the Dutch hq of Glory.
The building, the neighborhood, it was all as shady as the organization is.

where was this? Monickedam is not shady, nor is Hilversum

. Would be easier to just not do shows in certain areas because of restrictions and use that as an excuse.

Well, I might a bit explain how restrictions and covid fear is working in EU/EEZ.
Without any dreaming media noise about gov support etc BS.

Cos covid I initially had lost approx 50% from my income; we closed one business, a bit later; from another business I now have ~ 80% income if compare with pre covid era ( construction materials sales ).

Ppl are really happy and gov support is " beautiful " in EU/EEZ.
On PAPER. :D:D:D

Well, I might a bit explain how restrictions and covid fear is working in EU/EEZ.
Without any dreaming media noise about gov support etc BS.

Cos covid I initially had lost approx 50% from my income; we closed one business, a bit later; from another business I now have ~ 80% income if compare with pre covid era ( construction materials sales ).

Ppl are really happy and gov support is " beautiful " in EU/EEZ.
On PAPER. :D:D:D
I don't totally understand your post, but if your implying government restrictions had a negative effect in your region I can assure you that much was the case everywhere, including here in the US. I know many people that lost businesses as a result.

I know.
For example about this gov support, it depends from country and business field.
With one from businesses we had in first lockdown stuff like this: pay $ for employees social and income tax and fill papers, they will do assessment when lockdown/ restr will be lifted and from this day approx 40 days to calculate something.
Good thing that bank was helpful.
Cos for this approx 60 days period first so called compensation we had get 100 days after lockdown no1 had been started.

Next period: a bit easier on paper but in reality: hell, worse than first. Worse than 2008/2009 crisis.
Third period with restrictions: sorry, we are not able anymore to run this business, pay credits, tax and salaries and this was end.
At least we had closed with 0 debts.
Next business field;
Even construction materials sales are impacted. Damn.

In Belgium covid fear isn't too high?
How about live gates?

Btw I ask cos maybe if in Belgium ppl doesn't fear covid, I might think about moving to Belgium.
Why not. Only this problem with languages in Belgium.

In Belgium covid fear isn't too high?
How about live gates?

Btw I ask cos maybe if in Belgium ppl doesn't fear covid, I might think about moving to Belgium.
Why not. Only this problem with languages in Belgium.
At the moment, it’s all good over there.

Do you guys think that having UFC London and Glory 80 happening at the same time will negatively impact Glory's PPV results? Especially bearing in mind that Glory is counting on PPV-buys from (US-based) MMA fans due to the presence of Alistair Overeem on Glory 80, who has a big fan base in America. (should the rumors of Rico and Alistair headlining the event be true, which I think they are)

Do you guys think that having UFC London and Glory 80 happening at the same time will negatively impact Glory's PPV results? Especially bearing in mind that Glory is counting on PPV-buys from (US-based) MMA fans due to the presence of Alistair Overeem on Glory 80, who has a big fan base in America. (should the rumors of Rico and Alistair headlining the event be true, which I think they are)
Btw, can someone make a seperate thread about Glory 80 happening next?

Some old times KB had even 10 and 12 rounds. Ok, maybe 2 min not 3 min.

I think this depends from training regimen too.

I never had even heard about EPO during approx 20 years from any am/ pro KBer. 0 word.

Back