GLORY will not organise any events in the Netherlands for the time being.

Sounds like they know alot of there fighters are doping and don't want them banded. I'm fine with this as I think doping and sports are hand and hand.

There might be another, more trustable reason: covid restrictions and due to fear is not possible to get enough $ with tickets sales.
This covid in EU/EEZ induces so much fear.
One euro boxing promoter usually had 5-6-7 events per 1 year, last year: only 1 event.

All these businesses: restaurants, pubs, gyms etc are impacted:
europe does have lockdowns, partial lockdowns and other things.
No one knows when will be next lockdown or partial lockdown.

Not about Netherlands and anyway covid is :(
How " cool " might be such example: sport events are banned, then next regimen: are allowed but no tickets sales ( closed doors events ), next regimen: limited tickets sales, i.e not allowed to sell 100% tickets in arena?
Even when all is allowed, anyway it is not easy to sell tickets.

In one country, f.e before covid with good boxing or mixed fight card was possible to sell out arena with 10000-11000 seats+ VIP tables and 50? VIP lodges.
This does means > 1 m EUR.
Add income cos ad banners in arena, in halls.
When gubbermint allowed live gates again, only approx 4000 tickets had been sold.

Rudmann is right. The 4 year ban is an "Olympics penalty" [where they only have events every 4 years] and should not be a guideline for independent, ongoing sports like kickboxing. Glory's 2 year ban is much more reasonable.
Didn't Glory terminate their agreement with the Instituut Sportrechtspraak (ISR) after they caught Badr and 3 other heavyweights doping?

Badr popped against Hesdy and then fought Rico way less than 2 years after.

I know as kickboxing fans, any port in a storm, but an org as transparently deceitful and cynical as Glory really don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Glory is a dead man walking at this stage. They're holding for dear life with partnerships with Enfusion and Rise but I don't see a bright future for them in general. Less and less events, fighters signing to ONE FC and other orgs, and so on.

Moving the event to belgium, France, germany and even UK would be good, especially on Belgium to watch dutch, morrocan and turkish fighters

They barely put on fights anywhere so what's one less country? BAM!

Dumb question: is there a particular doping strategy in fight sports? I just ask because I would think the "bulk up" effect of standard steroids would be a problem for these guys.

Last edited:
Dumb question: is there a particular doping strategy in fight sports?

Well, I will not talk about NL kicboxing here: I think that main reasons are these partial lockdowns and lockdowns. Pub business, hairdressers etc are barely " alive ".
Public fears covid, media in EU/EEZ telling us each day how dangerous is covid. Therefore it is not easy to sell tickets even in periods when 0 restrictions.

Dumb question: is there a particular doping strategy in fight sports?
Well, if about!!!! amateur!!!! KB in EU/EEZ : guys are juiced only in very rare cases. While if they are juiced, might be till grills and heaven.

Yes, regimens etc.
From cases where this had been cached in ams:
direct and indirect roids.
diuretics ( to easier make weight ), they does have side effects: guy is weaker and their usage is dangerous.
stimulants: to reduce undesired diuretics effect.
painkillers.
stuff like clenbuterol etc.
hormones.

Unikle with boxers, It is interesting that I don't know 1 single case when EPO had been used.

So a few years ago I was doing a little run in my hometown. In the industrial part of town my eye fell on an old building with a familiar logo. Turned out to be the Dutch hq of Glory.
The building, the neighborhood, it was all as shady as the organization is.

Last edited:
Back