Glory vs. Enfusion

Isnt that exactly how glory started? Glory is the no1 org for some years now . Don't see one taking that place anytime soon.
I do see them getting passed by..
For example, they have Cedric Doumbe, and he is a potential star. The guy is a great fighter, (together with Nabiyev, he will run the division for the coming years.)
The guy is great in hyping his fights via social media. Clowning on his opponents with photoshop and other funny things. But Glory wasn't happy about him beating Holzken, so they screwed him over.
The guy got close to zero media attention. And eventually he got screwed over by the judges against Groenhart.
Vahkitov is a 4 times champion in the LHW, doesnt get any attention.
Artem Levin best 85kg fighter in the world. look what they did to get rid of him.
Gerasimchuk is the last person to beat Verhoeven, they are not even trying to get him signed.

They are handpicking their stars.. and that will bite them in the ass.

For example, they have Cedric Doumbe, and he is a potential star. The guy is a great fighter, (together with Nabiyev, he will run the division for the coming years.)
The guy is great in hyping his fights via social media. Clowning on his opponents with photoshop and other funny things. But Glory wasn't happy about him beating Holzken, so they screwed him over.
The guy got close to zero media attention. And eventually he got screwed over by the judges against Groenhart.
Artem Levin best 85kg fighter in the world. look what they did to get rid of him.
Gerasimchuk is the last person to beat Verhoeven, they are not even trying to get him signed.

They are handpicking their stars.. and that will bite them in the ass.
Meh, Doumbe wasn't robbed against Groenhart nor against Nabiev. Groenhart did beat Holzken though, in my opinion.

Doumbe is entertaining at times but he comes of as a try hard. Even after he clearly lost he posts pics on instagram with a bunch of hash tags like #andstill which makes him come off as a 14 year old boy.

Meh, Doumbe wasn't robbed against Groenhart nor against Nabiev. Groenhart did beat Holzken though, in my opinion.

Doumbe is entertaining at times but he comes of as a try hard. Even after he clearly lost he posts pics on instagram with a bunch of hash tags like #andstill which makes him come off as a 14 year old boy.
Against Nabiyev he clearly lost. Against Murthel, i disagree,
Neither fighter was hurt, damaged or scored a knockdown.
Doumbe outlanded Murthel more then 2:1.

2018-05-29_124239.jpg

Doumbe is one of the few non "dutch" guys that gets promoted imo.

I do agree most (/to much) attention goes to mikes / hemmers / collosium gym. I think this is caused by the fact that most promo work is done by Dutch people causing this to be the cheaper easyer solution. And Hemmers being the matchmaker doesnt help either.

Hope there will be more gym (non dutch) that will rise up and get some more spotlight from glory

Doumbe is one of the most promoted fighters. I have no idea what you're talking about.

This just boggles my mind. You have a narrative for a great revenge fight, and Rico almost certainly wins this so theirs no real risk.

I think Glory tried too hard to ignore this fight even happened so they don't want to catch themselves in a lie that Rico has been on an undefeated stretch.

I just saw Enfusion and totally impress with their fights and fighters, the atmosphere remind me of It's Showing which is good. And they focused on European Kickboxing Scene which is great IMO.

While Glory, they have the big be fighters and yet something is lacking.

They focused so much on American Market (Most Americans lack passiin on Kickboxing),

Even try to bring American Kickboxers.

I believe Europe beside Japan,Thailand,Australia and New Zealand are the place to promote Kickboxing and not in America.

As an American, I agree with this eh. Except for us few that just love combat sports, nobody here really knows of any fighters outside of Floyd, Pac, and Mac G.

I don't follow kb as closely as you guys but i remember going to Groenhart-Doumbe i thought it would be a one sided showcase of Doumbe, he got all the promotion for that fight, all the spotlight was on him.. and i gave it to Groenhart as well, great fighter btw, always exciting to watch, even if he falls short in some of his big fights

This just boggles my mind. You have a narrative for a great revenge fight, and Rico almost certainly wins this so theirs no real risk.

I think Glory tried too hard to ignore this fight even happened so they don't want to catch themselves in a lie that Rico has been on an undefeated stretch.

Gerasimchuk had multiple offers from Glory to rematch Rico but turned them down on two grounds;

1 - he's light heavy now

and 2 - the most important for him, he is a Belarus state-sponsored 'amateur' athlete, which means he receives a monthly stipend from the government plus a free apartment in downtown Minsk and an all but direct line to the presidential office to smooth over any of life's little problems he might have.

So i don't blame him for focusing on that tbh.

eh?? Doumbe gets tons of feature videos and focus from Glory, he's had tons of profile

i'd like to see more Vakhitov; i think what holds him back is largely the fact that he's based way out in the ass end of siberia and speaks no english. Very expensive to go there and shoot anything

Levin is absolutely world class but most of his glory fights were very boring; he got released from his contract after walking out of the ring when he disagreed with the referee penalizing his excessive clinching, has not set world on fire since

Were they? I only remember the Simon Marcus fights being terrible. Just those 2 in the ring leads to nothing good x3. His last fight on ACB was good fun.

Also, Levin-Marcus III was some of the worst reffing I have ever seen and probably the only time I've agreed with a fighter walking out. Outside of a KO there was no point for Levin to keep fighting after how bad the ref fucked him.

Were they? I only remember the Simon Marcus fights being terrible. Just those 2 in the ring leads to nothing good x3. His last fight on ACB was good fun.

Yeah I mean. he's clearly one of the best in the world, but he's very clinchy.

When he's in full-flow, free movement, he is outstanding, sublime to watch.

Also, Levin-Marcus III was some of the worst reffing I have ever seen and probably the only time I've agreed with a fighter walking out. Outside of a KO there was no point for Levin to keep fighting after how bad the ref fucked him.

I agree the reffing was atrocious, but i think it was perhaps a hangover from their previous fight (San Diego) being ruined by excessive clinching, like the ref was on his case from the opening bell or something. But Levin isn't completely blameless by a long stretch.

Walking out... yeah, i can totally see it. I've got a temper and I'm a proud guy. Can totally see where he was coming from. Just not something a pro can do and expect no repercussion from. Which to be fair i think he will have accepted even as he did it.

That was such a crazy scene; i've never seen that before.

About the viewing numbers, I know 1.8 Billion is just a big number they like to throw around, but you cant ignore that its a good base to build up from there in combination with their 10 year TV deal with ESPN Asia..
And about Glory, their ratings are disappointing as well.
But i know ONE have multiple fighters signed exclusive long term deals. They will build from there on for sure, and yes it's still in baby shoes at the moment, but if i see their production values and compare their events to Glory, i would put my money on ONE to take the nr 1 spot worldwide in a few years.
I just feel like GLORY is ignoring too much talent. Chingiz Allazov, Vlad Tuinov are names that should be signed already.
But Glory is only willing to hype fighters based on their popularity in the Netherlands. Cedric Doumbe and Alim Nabiyev are 2 of the best fighters on their roster and they get no attention at all..
thank you for your reaction,
i too feel watching glory, they only really promote their fighter from gold glory and black label too much. plus all the attraction on Rico who is a very boring fighter to watch. but i keep one on my radar, i seen and heard some good things about them from fighters

Isnt that exactly how glory started? Glory is the no1 org for some years now . Dont see one taking that place anytime soon.

glory was formed by the unification of golden glory and parts of its showtime. they were given a lot of money by investors. then went on a push for the USA market and the world, they have failed in the USA, as quoted by Dana White. as if they were going to succeed he would have added it to UFC, they failed in Asia, and now in Europe, they are struggling. with only hits in Holland with big crowds. they are bleeding money and success is far far away. honestly believe they are out of touch with reality, money does not solve nor will solve their problems. no matter the management of glory makes over 200k a year easy, with a side 30% from the internal fighters they push.

mismatches and low level guys with poor defense tend to spill more blood, this is true

how is it a miss match if they both go the distance and a back and forth fight. you should rather take a good look at both shows again

Remove Sittichai from glory and you basically have a non existant 70 kg weight class.

65 kg and 77 kg are Glory's strongest divisons. K-1 and Kulun have about the same level of talent as Glory around 65 kg. Kunlun arguably has a deeper 70 kg divison than Glory. They don't have Sittichai anymore but the general level is higher.

Enfusion doesn't really have a strong weight class. It seems like they bring in occasional good fighters just to rob them, but not to actually keep them

The best promotions are Glory, Kunlun and K-1. Kunlun sucks at promoting their upcoming events though

not so sure Andy Sour recently lost KO, and 2 other big former K1 stars have lost to enfusion champions. overall development within enfusion is much better than glory, this is a very Thai bias overview.

What an idiotic post I really hope you don't actually work for Enfusion...
everything is about personal preference and I do not find glory entertaining to watch nor the fights at a caliber where i think the matches are so interesting, and i hate to watch Rico, what a boring fighter. i guess you work for glory, and need help pushing there interests, lol take care

An
not so sure Andy Sour recently lost KO, and 2 other big former K1 stars have lost to enfusion champions. overall development within enfusion is much better than glory, this is a very Thai bias overview.
Andy Souwer is a legend but irrelevant in the current scene. Which former K1 stars are you talking about?

everything is about personal preference and I do not find glory entertaining to watch nor the fights at a caliber where i think the matches are so interesting, and i hate to watch Rico, what a boring fighter. i guess you work for glory, and need help pushing there interests, lol take care
No I just thought your logic was idiotic. There was no pushing of Glory interest from me, I've had no problem criticizing them throughout their existence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back