GLORY signs the best middleweight in Respect WS, Yousri Belgaroui, who intends to KO Simon Marcus

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Broadcast, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

Home
    A-Slider
    [​IMG]
    ‘Baby Face Ninja’, Yousri Belgaroui signs for GLORY, intends to ‘beat up’ 85 kg division and KO Simon Marcus

Exciting Dutch kickboxing prospect, Yousri Belgaroui has officially been signed up by GLORY Kickboxing to compete in the middleweight (85kg) division.

Fighting out of Mike’s Gym and at a height of 6ft 5 feet tall, Yousri Belgaroui enters the GLORY middleweight division with an undefeated professional kickboxing record of, 19 consecutive wins – 11 of which have been by KOs.

Well known in both the European and Dutch kickboxing scene and at only 24 years of age, Belgaroui has recently fought for Respect World Series in London (finishing Sebastian Ciobanu with a flying knee).

The ‘Baby Face Ninja’ declared:

“I’m going to shake up this [GLORY] middleweight division. My plan is to beat up everyone in the division…nothing can stop me.”

Speaking in an exclusive interview with K1ANOOP (video below), Belgaroui is hopeful that his GLORY debut could be set for later this year in December, on the GLORY 36 / Collision card when fellow team mates, Murthel Groenhart rematches Nieky Holzken (for the GLORY welterweight title) and Badr Hari faces off against, GLORY heavyweight champion, Rico Verhoeven (in a non-title fight) grudge match that has been in the making over the last year and a half.

“[Simon Marcus] can come tomorrow if he wants…he got heart but I don’t think he’s a better fighter than me, I think I’ll knock him out”

Belgaouri is also very confident ahead of fighting, Israel Adesanya who, is currently ranked 9th in the GLORY middleweight rankings, when the two of them fight each other on the 6th August.

Full interview and humorous tour of Mike’s Gym with Yousri Belgaroui below (11:10+ to skip straight to Yousri talking about signing for GLORY and upcoming fights)

http://www.kickboxingplanet.com/

SuperLuigi and moxsii like this.
  2. moxsii

moxsii White Belt

Good to see some fresh blood in a weak division.

SuperLuigi, Bang Rachan and andyjeezy like this.
  3. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

Good luck on beating "everyone" in the whole division. All 2 fighters. Such aspirations.

Mafanofe, moxsii and Bang Rachan like this.
  4. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

This guy is 20-0 or so with lots of KOs and started to train under Mike Passenier. He looks like a future beast, a bit from Badr.

5. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

Levin is out?

6. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

Glory doesnt want him anymore

7. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

I dont care about this weight class but i wouldnt be surprised if he beat Marcus

8. Shadess

Shadess ...

Yousri Belgaroui to fight in Glory.

9. Bang Rachan

Bang Rachan Brown Belt

A contender tournament?

10. SuperLuigi

SuperLuigi Black Belt

Awesome. He will probably crush that division.

moxsii likes this.
  11. Tayski

Tayski Stand-up Fighting

Can't blame them. He is so skilled yet most times it just seems like he doesn't want to fight. And if you add to that how he raged and left mid-way through his last fight, he's not exactly a promoter's dream. Such a shame...

moxsii likes this.
  12. VinceF

VinceF Orange Belt

Good news. Devision needed some new blood with joe and Levin out.

Would like to see him against verlinden or pereira.

moxsii likes this.
  13. Shadess

Shadess ...

Definitely wouldn't say most times. I'd just say him and Marcus make a shitty fight. He also got fucked by the ref enough to walk out IMO. Glory just got into a weird place with him where it would've just been more fights with Marcus eventually and nobody wanted that.

Mafanofe and SuperLuigi like this.
  14. Tayski

Tayski Stand-up Fighting

I can see both sides though. He does clinch way too much considering the ruleset... He kinda reminds me of how Klitschko fights.