Glory partners with RISE and Enfusion

Snubnoze707

High Level
@Steel
Reaction score
70-rivals-final.png

https://www.glorykickboxing.com/new...y-rivals:8aaa004e-c2f9-423d-9e4c-6d8470224df7

GLORY, the world’s premier kickboxing organization, announced today the launch of GLORY Rivals, a new series of events launching in 2022. GLORY Rivals is a global initiative to showcase the world’s best kickboxers and strikers in partnership with other leading fighting organizations.

“It’s time for the best fighters in the world to fight, regardless of organization,” says GLORY Executive Vice-Chairman Scott Rudmann. “At GLORY, we’re confident we have the best talent and we’re willing to prove it. We welcome the challenge of any MMA, boxing, or kickboxing organization that believes their fighters can compete against ours. It’s time for a change in the combat landscape and we’re excited to lead the way.”

GLORY Rivals allows the world’s top fight organizations to showcase their best fighters in new markets and create matchups that fans have been calling for. The Series will kick off with Enfusion in Europe and RISE in Japan.

“We’re excited to partner with both organizations and create new events together,” added Rudmann. “Many of GLORY’s top fighters debuted with Enfusion, including Middleweight Champion Donovan Wisse and top contenders Levi Rigters, Mohammed Jaraya, and Luis Tavares. RISE is the leading kickboxing organization in Japan and features some of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, including Tenshin.”

In addition to the Enfusion and RISE partnerships, GLORY is exploring additional global challengers, including organizations in the United States and Brazil.

Full fight details for GLORY Rivals will be released shortly.

Last edited:
Great News, hope the matchmaking is good lol

I would imagine for RISE either they bring in 2 RISE guys in to fight each other on a card or a RISE guy to beatdown some local on a card, because ya they really don't have those divisions which makes Rudmann's "us versus them!" comments pretty hysterical.

Ultimately anything that gives Glory more depth, or just gives the sport in general deeper talent pools for match ups is a good thing.

The Hari gimmick is running dry and champs are leaving, they needed to do something.

these 2 partnerships couldnt look more different. Enfusion were already basically a prospect farm for Glory. RISE operate exclusively in a market where Glory are unknown.

strange decision but hope we get more info soon

Just need ONE to join the partnership and then we can have Rico mixing it up with Kryklia and Opacic, and Eersel against Hamicha.

these 2 partnerships couldnt look more different. Enfusion were already basically a prospect farm for Glory. RISE operate exclusively in a market where Glory are unknown.

strange decision but hope we get more info soon
Huh, I didnt realize GLORY was not well known in Japan.

Extremely dumb question, excuse my ignorance: are there any major rule differences between the organizations to iron out?

Ya, a ONE partnership would be much more exciting for sure. I don't see that happening though.
I would guess this is an attempt by the less wealthy kickboxing promotions to present a united front against flush-with-venture-capital One trying to horn in on their market. But just a guess.

Huh, I didnt realize GLORY was not well known in Japan.

Extremely dumb question, excuse my ignorance: are there any major rule differences between the organizations to iron out?
Glory had a couple pretty big cards in Japan, but that was almost a decade ago. Since then they have been a non entity in there.

No, the rule set between Rise and Glory isn’t significant. They are both derived from K-1 rules.

Reactions: MT5
Back