News GLORY Kickboxing champion Artem Vakhitov is a free agent, open to joining UFC for MMA debut

It wouldn't work the same.

Izzy has been established for a loooong time and is a relatively dominant champion, many people who watch the UFC do not see him as a kickboxer or even know he was a kickboxer (or a high level one).

Alex is a guy who 99% of UFC fans had no idea who he was last year. His rise is incredibly fast, and by the time he fights Izzy there will still be people who do not know who he is.

So bringing in another kickboxer to try to take the belt from Alex isn't going to have the same shine to it. Not to mention the chances of Alex becoming a transitional champ are high. I think he does beat Izzy, but can he defend it? There's a good chance he'll lose it right away. (knowing the UFC they'll just have him rematch Israel lol)
But now they know Alex

But now they know Alex

Who is they? People who follow the product closely will, those who do not would not know Alex or only very loosely know him as the guy who is fighting Adesanya next.

If he becomes champion finding someone to beat him is not going to have the same lure as Izzy. He is not established enough. There will be little reason for the UFC to bring in a total outside to make a fight with Alex.

It is more likely they do the UFC style of booking where if he asks to fight Jiri they'd give it to him for no reason.

Has anyone heard anything about Artem Vakhitov?
Some updates about where he’s going to sign?

Has anyone heard anything about Artem Vakhitov?
Some updates about where he’s going to sign?
Alex Pereira, last man to beat Alex Pereira, turned down a UFC contract
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...alex-pereira-turns-down-ufc-contract.4265565/

The former GLORY Kickboxing LHW-champion turned down offers from UFC and ONE Championship after GLORY terminated his contract.

Full release:
https://beyondkick.com/news/artem-vakhitov-signs-with-muaythai-factory-set-to-debut-in-december-1
@Yodsanan

He now signed with Russian promotion “MuayThai Factory” and is set to debut in December.

Artem Vakhitov and Alex Pereira went 1-1 in GLORY, switching the LHW-belt in two very close fights.
Here is the highlight video of both titlefights combined:

Good move? Or should Vakhitov have signed with UFC to chase Pereira like Poatan chased Izzy and continue the rivalry?

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...alex-pereira-turns-down-ufc-contract.4265565/

The former GLORY Kickboxing LHW-champion turned down offers from UFC and ONE Championship after GLORY terminated his contract.

Full release:
https://beyondkick.com/news/artem-vakhitov-signs-with-muaythai-factory-set-to-debut-in-december-1
@Yodsanan

He now signed with Russian promotion “MuayThai Factory” and is set to debut in December.

Artem Vakhitov and Alex Pereira went 1-1 in GLORY, switching the LHW-belt in two very close fights.

Good move? Or should Vakhitov have signed with UFC to chase Pereira like Poatan chased Izzy and continue the rivalry?

Does Artem even have any history of training in MMA or have any semblance of a TDD? It's the UFC, so they would probably just cherry pick him opponents for the title.

The UFC should really consider just becoming a kickboxing promotion if they dislike wrestlers that much

Full release:
@Yodsanan

He should make the move to ONE, unless this new promotion is paying a king's ransom.

Does Artem even have any history of training in MMA or have any semblance of a TDD? It's the UFC, so they would probably just cherry pick him opponents for the title.

The UFC should really consider just becoming a kickboxing promotion if they dislike wrestlers that much
Maybe Vakhitov did some grappling back in the day because he’s from Russia? I don’t know tbh, but could be the case

He should make the move to ONE, unless this new promotion is paying a king's ransom.

Yeah, I think signing with ONE was his best option after he broke up with Glory. He could compete in their kickboxing and muay thai divisions, and try out MMA if he felt like it.
Also, he could challenge himself in kickboxing against the likes of Roman Kryklia (they trained a lot before so I’m not quite sure about that tbh), Rade Opačić, Iraj Azizpour, etc.
Lot of interesting matchups over there

Though, I know Vakhitov has a good relationship with MuayThai Factory. He has been invited to their events several times, so I’m not surprised about them working together.
But still, his contract with them isn’t exclusive, which means that Vakhitov is free to sign with other promotions.
I guess he isn’t staying there for the long run, but he had to do something now his Glory contract got terminated..

Yeah, I think signing with ONE was his best option after he broke up with Glory. He could compete in their kickboxing and muay thai divisions, and try out MMA if he felt like it.
Also, he could challenge himself in kickboxing against the likes of Roman Kryklia (they trained a lot before so I’m not quite sure about that tbh), Rade Opačić, Iraj Azizpour, etc.
Lot of interesting matchups over there

Though, I know Vakhitov has a good relationship with MuayThai Factory. He has been invited to their events several times, so I’m not surprised about them working together.
But still, his contract with them isn’t exclusive, which means that Vakhitov is free to sign with other promotions.
I guess he isn’t staying there for the long run, but he had to do something now his Glory contract got terminated..
Vakhitov vs Kryklia would be a great fight. We would know for sure who the best fighter is -100 kg.

Vakhitov vs Kryklia would be a great fight. We would know for sure who the best fighter is -100 kg.
One of the best fights that can be made at this moment! Would be great for the fans.
Who do you think will win that fight?

Arthem Vakhitov is set to fight Pascal Toure from France, Feb. 2 in Russia

upload_2023-2-2_5-28-41.jpeg

Back