Media GLORY: Collision 3 | Verhoeven vs. Overeem PRESS CONFERENCE + STAREDOWN (2p.m. ET)

Who wins?

• Total voters
The majority of streetfights that I've seen have all been on the feet. Takedowns are a great way to get stomped out by a buddy of the guy you're fighting. No such thing as fair fights in the street, that's why we watch combat sports to see the highest level athletes compete with a given rule set. Pointless discussion.

@Oceanmachine is our latest troll, pay him no mind.

And yet in MMa mma fighters own strikers in clinch or ground.

Idl what fights you watch but usually they end up with 1 guy on top of the other

Thai fighters are best for bar and street fights. Boxing is not

Anecdotally

The clinch and use of kneea have been crucial in fighrs I have seen

And yet in MMa mma fighters own strikers in clinch or ground.

Idl what fights you watch but usually they end up with 1 guy on top of the other

Thai fighters are best for bar and street fights. Boxing is not

Anecdotally

The clinch and use of kneea have been crucial in fighrs I have seen
Kickboxers have been cleaning house in the UFC as of late.

I'm not going to engage in dumb street fight debates any further with you.

This forum is not for street fight discussion, that is Wasteland material.

Pfft. I do Muay Thai and let me tell you something, I'd get my ass kicked in a street fight AND in a Muay Thai fight. Deal with it.

Kickboxers have been cleaning house in the UFC as of late.

I'm not going to engage in dumb street fight debates any further with you.

This forum is not for street fight discussion, that is Wasteland material.

Only after they learned takedown defense.....

Show me all of the grapplers in the UFC that have zero striking. It's a different sport. I swear you are the lowest IQ poster on this forum.

You mis understand me

I believe striking is superior in most cases. Strikers do the best once they learn grappling clinch game, takedown defense and submission defense. But we have too many examples of a striker who doesnt know anything of grappling and losses usually

I believe boxing and karate then greco roman are the worst martial arts for MMA and street fighting.

A striker doesnt need ro become a BJJ black belt to stop takedowns and submissions. He really only needs 1 to 2 years and to be phyaically strong and conditioned to avoid the ground. Somwtimes less. Grapplers need years of experience. Striking has a higher learning curve

The best
Muay thai
Judo
Real Jiu jitsu not BJJ
Krav maga

In MMA, good freestyoe backgrounds, sambo and BJJ do well but now a days as we have seen too many elite BJJ get owned because too many BJJ school dont focus on strength or takedowns so end result is a lot of BJJ guys cant even get fight to the floor

I wish personally Kickboxing with Glory or ideally Thai rules was more popular.

To me with casuals and just bleed fans they would respect or enjoy the high pace of Kickboxing over boxing which is garbage or a lot of MMA now a days which has a lot of pausing and grappling

You mis understand me

I believe striking is superior in most cases. Strikers do the best once they learn grappling clinch game, takedown defense and submission defense. But we have too many examples of a striker who doesnt know anything of grappling and losses usually

I believe boxing and karate then greco roman are the worst martial arts for MMA and street fighting.

A striker doesnt need ro become a BJJ black belt to stop takedowns and submissions. He really only needs 1 to 2 years and to be phyaically strong and conditioned to avoid the ground. Somwtimes less. Grapplers need years of experience. Striking has a higher learning curve

The best
Muay thai
Judo
Real Jiu jitsu not BJJ
Krav maga

In MMA, good freestyoe backgrounds, sambo and BJJ do well but now a days as we have seen too many elite BJJ get owned because too many BJJ school dont focus on strength or takedowns so end result is a lot of BJJ guys cant even get fight to the floor

I wish personally Kickboxing with Glory or ideally Thai rules was more popular.

To me with casuals and just bleed fans they would respect or enjoy the high pace of Kickboxing over boxing which is garbage or a lot of MMA now a days which has a lot of pausing and grappling
The "I've just recently got into combat sports" Starter Pack

The "I've just recently got into combat sports" Starter Pack

I am mid 20s. Got into MMA in the late 00s, as a kid, only ever did grappling and a little striking

Also even if I did who cares

You sound old. I will live longer and without people like me your precious sport will die

C'mon man, this is Badr Hari in his 20 second MMA fight

lol.

What does that have to do with what I said?

You guys really struggle to differenciate an MMA fight from a street fight.

BJ penn was more about size and that was funny.

Who else died?

There's been plenty of examples.

MMA fighter Jahreau Shepherd got stabbed to death by his brother after getting into a fight with him.

MMA fighter Fau Vake died of his injuries after getting into a street fight with some dudes.
https://news.yahoo.com/mma-prospect-fau-vake-dies-010616424.html

MMA fighters Kaue Mena and Maiquel Falcão got in a fight with some dudes at a petrol station and got beaten real bad. Kaue Mena was knocked unconscious and hit while unconscious on the ground and ended up in hospital for days.

And I'm sure there's other examples I'm not aware of. They all got fucked up by people who don't even train.

But yeah sure let's keep pretending MMA and street fights are the same and MMA will protect from you street situations, weapons, several opponents and so on. This is why that whole argument of how MMA makes you win street fights is retarded.

Reactions: H2F
What does that have to do with what I said?

You guys really struggle to differenciate an MMA fight from a street fight.
Good point, If that was a streetfight it would have been over the moment he got slammed, with a real chance of him becoming a cripple for the rest of his life

Good point, If that was a streetfight it would have been over the moment he got slammed, with a real chance of him becoming a cripple for the rest of his life

As far as I'm aware Badr Hari was never on the receiving end in his street altercations, rather the opposite since he was jailed several times for beating up several people and seriously injuring them.

Why do you pretend that this scenario of a sanctioned 1v1 MMA fight in a ring with a referee is the same as a street fight?

My initial point was that saying MMA makes you win your street fights is retarded since several MMA fighters got killed in the streets by people who don't even train. You have nothing to argue against that so let's just move on.

Reactions: H2F
Back