Glory CEO Marshall Zelaznik Resigns

Snubnoze707

High Level
@Steel
Reaction score
GLORY SPORTS INTERNATIONAL BOARD ACCEPTS RESIGNATION OF MARSHALL ZELAZNIK AS CEO

Friday, May 15 2020 by GLORY Press Office

Glory Sports International, parent company of GLORY, the world’s premier kickboxing organization, today announced that it has accepted the resignation of Marshall Zelaznik from the role of Chief Executive Officer.

Zelaznik’s tenure as GLORY Chief Executive Officer began in January 2018 and will conclude at the end of this month when he leaves to pursue other opportunities. It encompassed the record-setting GLORY: COLLISION 2 event which took place in December last year.

GLORY would like to thank Marshall for all his hard work and for the energy and vision he brought to the role. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.

“It has been an enormous privilege to have led GLORY during these past years of growth and I am proud to have worked with remarkable colleagues who I know remain committed to keeping GLORY squarely at the top of the combat sports world,” said Zelaznik.

Zelaznik will stay on with GLORY in an advisory role. An announcement regarding Mr Zelaznik’s successor will be made shortly.

https://glorykickboxing.com/news/gl...k-as-ceo:96db7f7e-81d5-42ab-855f-49d2bd7d7441

Damn, things aren't looking good for Glory.

board members falling on their swords is generally an extremely bad sign for a company

After the success of Collision 2, you would think they were doing good

Glory relying on UFC fight pass in the United States wasn't a good move IMO. I remember seeing ads for Glory on Spike when it was first on TV in the United States. Seemed like a great move as it was on a channel (Spike) that most people in the US have/had and most combat sports fans were familiar with. However, over time they started to fragment their coverage so the superfight series was on one platform and the main events on another. Then, the UFC left fight pass for ESPN+. I know they still have fight pass, but since the live fights and reruns of the most recent are all through ESPN, that probably caused a mass drop in Fight Pass subscriptions and, as a result, Glory suffered. Being on TV/ a main channel would've been the best way to grow the sport I imagine. Even people I work with, that don't even know MMA all that well, were asking me what Glory was since they saw ads for it.

Glory relying on UFC fight pass in the United States wasn't a good move IMO. I remember seeing ads for Glory on Spike when it was first on TV in the United States. Seemed like a great move as it was on a channel (Spike) that most people in the US have/had and most combat sports fans were familiar with. However, over time they started to fragment their coverage so the superfight series was on one platform and the main events on another. Then, the UFC left fight pass for ESPN+. I know they still have fight pass, but since the live fights and reruns of the most recent are all through ESPN, that probably caused a mass drop in Fight Pass subscriptions and, as a result, Glory suffered. Being on TV/ a main channel would've been the best way to grow the sport I imagine. Even people I work with, that don't even know MMA all that well, were asking me what Glory was since they saw ads for it.

I can't speak for real numbers and other people, but I can speak for my circle of friends and family.

People I know are cord cutting at an alarming rate. No one cares about TV channels anymore. Too expensive and too restrictive. Local companies are charging 60-100 just for internet, then the idea of adding tv onto that isn't viable. I will never be getting TV channels again, even if it's free.

I can't speak for real numbers and other people, but I can speak for my circle of friends and family.

People I know are cord cutting at an alarming rate. No one cares about TV channels anymore. Too expensive and too restrictive. Local companies are charging 60-100 just for internet, then the idea of adding tv onto that isn't viable. I will never be getting TV channels again, even if it's free.
Shit I haven't had cable TV in 10 years. Its going by the wasteside.

I just cancelled my FightPass for the reasons mentioned though. I could justify it for Glory because it was awesome to watch live in 1080p and catch events I didn't see live, but now they aren't doing events currently so not worth it.

Shit I haven't had cable TV in 10 years. Its going by the wasteside.

I just cancelled my FightPass for the reasons mentioned though. I could justify it for Glory because it was awesome to watch live in 1080p and catch events I didn't see live, but now they aren't doing events currently so not worth it.
I cancelled fight pass as well. Nothing to justify the money being spent except Glory.

Gotta watch those subscriptions.

Phone
Spotify
Netflix
Playstation Network
gym

Cancelled:
Anything Apple related
Cable
Fight pass
Movie subscriptions (except netflix)
ITunes
Amazon

I agree that people are cutting the cord but I think a fair amount of people are still getting channels through Sling and other apps.

This is bad, they can't replicate the success of K-1 and It's Showtime.

Back