Glory Bantamweights?

FarangJustin

White Belt
Reaction score
Glory 24 Denver is coming up and their website lists a bantamweight bout as TBA. They have no listed fighters, and it's the first they've mentioned of bantamweight.

Anybody have possible guesses as to who they might sign/have signed? I'd personally love to see a few people in the amateur circuit I met at the IKF 2015 World Classic get on Glory. I know Xavier Vigney competed in the IKF and they're looking to pick up some fresh blood to save money. I think it'd be a fruitful cause and I look forward to seeing Glory endeavor into the lighter weight classes.

I hope not, if anything combat sports needs less of right now it's lower weight classes. I don't really understand Glory's plan. K1 was the most successful kickboxing promotion and they were all heavyweights. Even the Japanese preferred the heavyweight foreigners to their own in K1 Max, the numbers don't lie, then Glory thinks they can get popular in America with lower weight mini men.

the lower weight is in kb it is more simmilar to ice hockey.
"ok, nice to watch, wow what an action but why this shit is moving so quick?"

I hope not, if anything combat sports needs less of right now it's lower weight classes. I don't really understand Glory's plan. K1 was the most successful kickboxing promotion and they were all heavyweights. Even the Japanese preferred the heavyweight foreigners to their own in K1 Max, the numbers don't lie, then Glory thinks they can get popular in America with lower weight mini men.

I prefer to see those swift mini men over overweight,quickly outgassed,slowmoving heavy breathing big guys who can hardly stand up for 3 rounds any day of the week.
K1 Max always offered a much better quality than K1 also.

Btw..boxing's heavyweights havent always been the main attraction..it just depends on who during that period is pound for pound best. At one point it was Ali and Tyson..but there have also been times it was Sugar Ray Leonard,Roy Jones Jr and Mayweather/Pacman

Many of the most skilled kickfighters in the world are below 145 lbs, period. Many good Japanese and Thai fighters to pick from, but GLORY will probably go for some trailer trash instead.

You cant build a BW kickboxing division with Americans or even Euros. The Japanese would dominate so you might as well just watch the K-1 Japan 60KG division.

I prefer to see those swift mini men over overweight,quickly outgassed,slowmoving heavy breathing big guys who can hardly stand up for 3 rounds any day of the week.
K1 Max always offered a much better quality than K1 also.

I agree with you, but for the general public heavyweight is always a more attractive product, because they look like beasts and hit hard.
For the real kickboxing fans however, lower divisions like K-1 max is more entertaining because it's usually more technical.

they list a bantamweight bout on the Dynamite card, not the Glory 24 card. Think it's gonna be some MMA fighters under Kickboxing rules.

The Bantamweight division would get demolished by Thai fighters depending on how many Thai's Glory allow into that division. Also that weight class is very exciting, high paced and entertaining. Some of the most skillful and agile fighters fight around 130-135lbs.

Back