Glory 9: New York - Official Discussion Thread - June 22 / 8 PM ET - LIVE

Then why don't we just give Spong a belt, if there is no need for the final.
Bashing other fighters to make Spong look better or make excuses for this stoppage
does'nt do Spong any favor my friend.

A terrible stoppage is a terrible stoppage, these guys fight their asses off,
they are fighters let them fight, if you think Spong should win regardless
then just give him a LHW belt.

The point....You missed it.

Im not bashing illunga, but he did not look very impressive in his previous fight. Sponge was hardly hurt and came out swinging.

Either we have this out come, or illunga laying unconscious. I'm much happier with the first. If I was illunga i would still be mad though, and as fan, I DO WISH the fight would have went on a little longer. But, I can see where the ref is coming from. It was a bad stoppage, but not a travesty.

First fight no count for Spong and now an instant stoppage? WHAT? Either Glory instructed Mufadel to make Spong's road easier or Mufadel is just as bad as he used to be. I think we need to have our own agenda as well, just as WE, the customers and the FANS of this beautiful sport, took down the wreck of a referee that Ubeda is, we should also fight for getting rid of Mufadel as well.

This is just unacceptable!

Quoting my self, just so i don't have to type again. Waiting for BasBoon to come up with some dirty excuses for Mufadel, as he did for Ubeda so many times.

I can't believe the US referees with so little experience in high level kickboxing were soooooooooooooooooooo much better than Mufadel who is so old in this stuff. I was going to say that Mufadel did it intentionally but thinking about his past mistakes i can easily see that he simply is just BAD! Glory higher ups need to have a serious look at this guy and decide accordingly.

It is sad to see people say "Oh, he will lose anyway. Oh, he suck he can't fight.
Oh, it is no use fighting Spong, Spong is too good for him"
These fans are the worst.

Even if there is a rematch, and Spong wins, it doesn't justify this stoppage.

The point....You missed it.

Im not bashing illunga, but he did not look very impressive in his previous fight. Sponge was hardly hurt and came out swinging.

Either we have this out come, or illunga laying unconscious. I'm much happier with the first. If I was illunga i would still be mad though, and as fan, I DO WISH the fight would have went on a little longer. But, I can see where the ref is coming from. It was a bad stoppage, but not a travesty

It is sad to see people say "Oh, he will lose anyway. Oh, he suck he can't fight.

Can I ask you a question, does Illunga want this stoppage?
Are you Illunga's trainer or Illunga himself, do you think he want this stoppage?
Your love for your fighter is bliding you. This is a horrible stoppage.
Have you ever competed in your life? And got robbed?
I will tell you getting robbed in frickin suck.

When I said Mufadel is the same, all people blamed me here on forum. This referee wrongly counted Daniel against a Turkish if I remember well. Ubeda destroyed even more fights.

Are you Illunga's trainer or Illunga himself, do you think he want this stoppage?

:rolleyes:..Like I said in the post...If I was Illunga, I would be mad.

Illunga was fighting a semi-fresh top 10 kickboxer, after going a hard 6 rounds. I can see why the ref would stop it..Its just one of thoose things..

Glory 9 was not as good as some of their previous events. Something that remains to be weak spots for glory is their ruling and judging.

mufadel a.k.a poopeda II screwed up big times again. Starting the match by saying (no elbows, no holding and then) no clinching while 3 seconds of active clinhing is allowed tells me this so- called new head referee still doesn't know the glory rules (guess he's still stuck at it's showtime rules). It isn't his first big misstake.

Ilunga was sloppy today but that wasn't even an 8 count. He could easily have continued.

Something else what bothered me is that, all of a sudden, they only have 3 judges now instead of the regular 5 and the scorecard wasn't shown between the rounds. Also some off the fighters were not counted for flash-knockdowns while others would have.

Come on glory, get rid off mufadel and give Ilunga a rematch.

Steve Mckinnon got robbed and Verhoeven vs Zimmerman II could have gone to an extra round (point deduction).

No news about Glory 10 or any of the title fights:(

Glory 9 was not as good as some of their previous events. Something that remains to be weak spots for glory is their ruling and judging.

mufadel a.k.a poopeda II screwed up big times again. Starting the match by saying (no elbows, no holding and then) no clinching while 3 seconds of active clinhing is allowed tells me this so- called new head referee still doesn't know the glory rules (guess he's still stuck at it's showtime rules). It isn't his first big misstake.

Ilunga was sloppy today but that wasn't even an 8 count. He could easily have continued.

Something else what bothered me is that, all of a sudden, they only have 3 judges now instead of the regular 5 and the scorecard wasn't shown between the rounds. Also some off the fighters were not counted for flash-knockdowns while others would have.

Come on glory, get rid off mufadel and give Ilunga a rematch.

The fight was in America so i'm pretty sure that's why it was 3 judges and no in between round scorecards.

The event itself was fine until besides the 2 Spong fights.

Are you kidding me, Shadaloo? I don"t know if you watched the full event, but Glory 9 was better than last two at least. Because all the fights have been good. Props to the Americans, even the referees wer ok!

Are you kidding me, Shadaloo? I don"t know if you watched the full event, but Glory 9 was better than last two at least. Because all the fights have been good. Props to the Americans, even the referees wer ok!

The American refs are ok, but Mufadel...hmmm

The event is good, but never reach its full potential, because judging and refereeing.
The Aussie got robbed (30-27 even though the Belgian did nothing in last round???)
Spong didn't get counted when he was knocked down,
but when he was punching the fighter who covered up, he got a win :(

And I am not even the robbed fighters' fans...(I don't even know them pre event)

The American refs are ok, but Mufadel...hmmm

The event is good, but never reach its full potential, because judging and refereeing.The Aussie got robbed (30-27 even though the Belgian did nothing in last round???)
Spong didn't get counted when he was knocked down,
but when he was punching the fighter who covered up, he got a win
:(

And I am not even the robbed fighters' fans...(I don't even know them pre event)

x2

If this event was suppose to catch the americans, they could have done better. The anti-climax spoiled it.

I liked it how the Japanese referees started to count to 3 every time someone was clinching at glory tokyo. Giving the fighters a notice of last minute remaining of the fight would be nice as well (like in S-cup).

Is there a special regulation why there were only 3 judges and no scorecards shown between the rounds ?

Looking forward to see Bogdan Stoica in Glory at 95kg, slowly making his way towards a fight with Spong. I have never seen a more talented fighter and i truly believe he's the next best thing.
Come on Glory, make it happen, Get Bogdan Stoica in Glory! ( for who doesn't knows him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LANGK-84HSI )

Last edited:
Any videos up? I know Glory loves taking them down asap, so trying to watch while I can

His trainers both got crazy 4sure. This stoppage was a shame.
Danyo is always in good shape, also stamina wise. He fought 2 exhausting fights but can recover quickly. He is a very very xperienced tournament fighter.

We were upset to see how he got robbed in the ring. Not robbed of the title or purse but for the chance to fight.... The world witnessed it. Thats good.

Even if there would be a rematch some day it can not compensate this happening..

There came hints that the ref. acted according to the Athletic commission to stop the fight. I can`t believe it as i really didn`t see a reason to stop the fight.

If Danyo would have lost on points or even KO, no problem at all. Nobody complains in our team. But to see it ending like this is not what Danyo and the whole team deserved. They are humans working very very hard to get in shape on point and then we have to take that joke decision.

And i swear that Danyo would not have fallen from Ty.....but this is if, when, why.....see how it goes on.

Regarding Stoijca and Corbett it was our wish to see these fights also come....would be good for the sports and Danyo also wants them.

Just my little comment on a strange night.....

I know Danyo very good and i saw him in many tournaments and fights

I wonder wtf is going on when the n1 kickboxing organization put these referees on their biggest shows.

Actually what happened today looked more like Glory wanted Spong to win this tounament no matter what. But man this was worst than any K1

Back