News GLORY 84: Tyjani Beztati vs Petch set for March 11

Who wins?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
70_.jpeg

Tyjani Beztati will defend Lightweight Title against Featherweight Champion Petch at GLORY 84

Rotterdam, the Netherlands: The fight card for GLORY 84 on Saturday, March 11 is now finalized with nine bouts in total.

Headlining the event is a Champion vs. Champion Super Fight as Tyjani Beztati (23-4, 8 KO) will put his Lightweight Championship on the line against Featherweight King Petchpanomrung ‘Petch’ Kiatmookao (168-38-3, 27 KO).

Known as ‘The Wonderboy’, Beztati won the belt at GLORY 78 with a unanimous decision win over Elvis Gashi and has defended it twice since, first against Josh Jauncey and, most recently, against Stoyan Koprivlenski.

In arguably his toughest challenge since becoming Champion, Beztati will defend his Title against Featherweight Champion ‘Petch’. Also referred to as ‘The Professor’, the Thai fighter has defended the Featherweight Title four times and has earned victories over the likes of Robin van Roosmalen, Kevin VanNostrand, Serhii Adamchuk, and Abraham Vidales.

The event will be co-headlined by a light heavyweight bout between Tarik Khbabez and Daniel Toledo. Khbabez fell just short of earning the Light Heavyweight Title in his last fight against at GLORY: COLLISION 4, a battle which earned him and his opponent Sergej Maslobojev the 2022 Fight of the Year. He looks to get back on the winning track against Zīle, who will be making his promotional debut.

Rounding out the card, Jay Overmeer meets Jamie Bates in a welterweight bout, and perennial heavyweight contender Nordine Mahieddine will move down to light heavyweight to face Felipe Micheletti. Additionally, former Middleweight Title Challenger Ertugrul Bayrak will square off against Michael Boapeah, and the young heavyweight Nabil Khachab will look for his second GLORY win against the debuting Sofian Laïdouni.

The GLORY 84 Prelims will feature four new faces in two fights. GLORY debutants Chico Kwasi and Stefan Orza will meet each other in a welterweight bout, and heavyweights David Tuitupou and Strahinja Mitric will face off in their respective GLORY debuts.

GLORY 84 takes place Saturday, March 11 live from Topsportcentrum in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Prelims start at 19:00 CET / 1 pm ET, the main-card starts at 20:00 CET / 2 pm ET.

Full fightcard:

How to watch:

The GLORY 84 Prelims will stream live at 19:00 CET / 1pm ET on YouTube and Facebook.
The GLORY 84 main-card will stream live at 20:00 CET / 2pm ET on Videoland in the Netherlands.

If your country is not listed below, you can watch GLORY 84 by ordering the official pay-per-view ($9.99) on GLORYFights.com.

See below for more information on how to watch in your country:

Europe

- Austria: Fighting.de

- Belgium: GLORYFights.com

- Bosnia & Herzegovina: TV Arena Sport

- Bulgaria (*delayed): BTV

- Croatia: TV Arena Sport

- Estonia: GO3

- France: GLORYFights.com

- Germany: Fighting.de

- Greece: Fight Network

- Kosovo: TV Arena Sport

- Latvia: GO3

- Lithuania: GO3

- Montenegro: TV Arena Sport

- Netherlands: Videoland

- North Macedonia: TV Arena Sport

- Poland: Viaplay

- Portugal: Fight Network

- Romania: AntenaPlay

- Serbia: TV Arena Sport

- Slovenia: TV Arena Sport

- Spain: GLORYFights.com

- Switzerland: Fighting.de

- Turkey: S Sport

North America

- Canada: Fight Network

- USA: GLORYFights.com

South America

- Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela: D Sports Fight

- Brazil: Combate

Africa

- Sub-saharan Africa: StarTimes

Asia & Oceania

- Japan: U-NEXT

Betting odds:

upload_2023-3-11_18-10-53.jpeg

Last edited:
@Monte Moku , I think @Kb2020 watched our conversation from 2 months ago;)
This fight excites me!! Also several other good fights are on this card already, including Nordine Mahieddine’s LHW-debut
Well, I would say Vidales gave a good account of himself, but he didn’t trouble Petch at all indeed.

Yeah good question. Honestly I don’t think that someone in Glory’s FW-division can challenge the champ. I would like to see Petch and Tyjani Beztati fight at some point though, as I think it’s a very interesting matchup. I’m curious to see how Petch will deal with the height and reach that Beztati brings, and I also wonder how Beztati will deal with Petch’s kicking game, especially all the left bodykicks that he’ll spam on Beztati’s long midsection. That’s a big ass target for Petch to attack over 5 rounds. Outside of Beztati there’re several interesting matchups for Petch in Glory’s LW-division, for example Stoyan Koprivlenski.

Though, in a year or something I would rather see Petch fight in ONE FC. He can do muay thai over there against the likes of Nong-O, or move up to fight Tawanchai and Petchmorakot.
I would love to see him fight in ONE’s 70 kg kickboxing division, which is a sharktank. So many exciting matchups over there. ONE can do a 70kg grandprix with different names/matchups every year and it would be a great tournament every year.

What do you think?

Imo Glory and ONE should trade some lightweights and featherweights for heavyweights. I know it’s probably not gonna happen cause they’re both not going to abandon an entire weightclass, but ONE has some very solid heavyweights that will deliver spectacular fights / interesting against the heavyweights in Glory for sure.
Roman Kryklia, Iraj Azizpour, Rade Opačić, that new young Bosnian guy fighting out of Mike’s gym that defeated Bruno Chaves last week: Ahmed Krnjić, hell even Murat Aygün will give some fun fights.
Also, imagine Petch, Tyjani Beztati, Stoyan Koprivlenski, Guerric Billet, Zakaria Zouggary, etc. in ONE.
Whole lotta fun!
While I don't really see anyone beating Petch in his current weight class, I'm not sure how well he would adjust if he moved up. If the power in his legs are still as effective as they are now, then I think he can definitely be a threat, but he would be at a significant range and size disadvantage in basically of his fights - Beztati with the most dramatic difference, being 6'3" VS Petch being 5'7". He's a master at disrupting his opponent's rhythm and off-balancing them with his kicks, but if the strength doesn't carry, a guy like Marat or Ozcan, hell even Beztati would give him a lot of trouble imo. Petch is also still very active in Muay Thai, so off the top of my head I can't think of any matchups he would get in ONE that he hasn't already had or wouldn't be able to get outside of ONE.

Rather than doing trades, I would prefer if ONE co-promoted some Kickboxing events with other organizations like the rest of the field are starting to do. I doubt ONE ever would since they seem like they really wanna do their own thing (they also seem to emphasize a lot when I watch their events about how they are the premier promotion for... everything I guess), but the idea of them doing a one night Heavyweight tournament co-promoted with Glory would be really exciting! Sprinkle in some fights between lighter guys or girls to pad out the tournament and you've got one of the most exciting nights of HW Kickboxing that we've seen in years.

Petch vs Beztati:

In 3 rounds I give Beztati a 90% chance of winning.

In 5 rounds maybe 50/50.

Guess Glory is done with Tyjani. Should be another easy win for Petch

Petch vs Beztati:

In 3 rounds I give Beztati a 90% chance of winning.

In 5 rounds maybe 50/50.

Uh, what? You definitely don't follow kickboxing. Tyjani is only champ because Marat left. He's a placeholder who should have lost against Stoyan but Morrocan soccer mob swayed judging robbed him. Petch should tool him with ease. It's like no one here actually follows the sport they are always arguing about lol

Uh, what? You definitely don't follow kickboxing. Tyjani is only champ because Marat left. He's a placeholder who should have lost against Stoyan but Morrocan soccer mob swayed judging robbed him. Petch should tool him with ease. It's like no one here actually follows the sport they are always arguing about lol
Beztati’s last loss against Marat Grigorian is nearly 3,5 years ago. He was very young at the time and obviously improved his game in those years, and his most recent fights showed that

Just got by this tweet… I don’t look at this fight like that man… it’s 50/50 imo, with both guys having interesting ways to victory

Petch should take a dominant decision victory, but it's not unwinnable for Beztati. If Beztati has a chance if he uses his long reach and fights an unorthodox, ugly, and erratic fight. If he can't make Petch uncomfortable and stay unpredictable he will get picked apart.

Beztati is tall and has an awkward style.

Stylistically it's not a favourable matchup for Petchpanomrung.

Petchpanomrung is superior to his opponents from the outside and in the clinch. He is not as skilled as Sittichai or Dutch fighters at fighting in the pocket.

The problem is against Tyjani Beztati his superiority fighting on the outside will not be as strong, due to Tyjani's height and long reach. He will be able to use his kicks from the outside, but it will be more difficult to control the distance with his hands. Also more difficult setting up knees from the outside as the much shorter fighter.

In the clinch he would be superior too, with the risk of getting points deducted, as has happened before.

I think Petpanomrung will just ragdoll him in the clinch, get 2 points deducted, but win anyways.

Tarik Khbabez will take on GLORY newcomer Kristaps Zīle

Tbh I’ve never heard of this guy

upload_2023-1-30_19-17-43.jpeg

The f is this resume? Drew and lost to the same guy in boxing, he's won and lost in mma, he's been KO'd in muay thai, and he's verbally quit in custom rules...
Yeah I don’t know man, at 36 years old Zīle ain’t a spring chicken either..
Hey, atleast he’s coming of a win:D

Fightcard got finalized:

Looks like Imad Hadar will not be fighting on this event, again

Back