News GLORY 83 set for February 11 in Essen, Germany

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
As showed during the GLORY 82-broadcast, but now officially announced by GLORY Kickboxing

GLORY announces two title fights for GLORY 83 in Essen, Germany

Friday, Jan 27 2023 by GLORY Press Office

GLORY, the world’s largest kickboxing organization, has announced the full fight card for GLORY 83, taking place on February 11th at Grugahalle in Essen, Germany.

Headlining the event is a Light Heavyweight Title Fight between current Champion Sergej Maslobojev and top ranked contender Donegi Abena.

A Middleweight Title Bout between Champion Donovan Wisse and current number one contender Cesar Almeida will serve as the event’s co-headliner.

Also featured on the card is a middleweight bout between top-five contenders Serkan Ozcaglayan and Sergej Braun. Plus, perennial lightweight contender Guerric Billet will meet Cihad Akipa.

GLORY 83 will also mark the promotional debuts for both Uku Jurjendal and Nabil Khachab, who will square off against each other in a heavyweight bout. Additionally, rising featherweight contender Ahmad Chikh Mousa will look to improve his GLORY record to 3-0 in a bout against Berjan Peposhi.

The GLORY 83 Prelims will be headlined by a welterweight bout between Joilton Lutterbach and Diaguely Camara. A lightweight fight between Sorin Caliniuc and Arman Hambaryan as well as a welterweight contest between Jos van Belzen and Robin Ciric will take place on the card’s preliminary portion as well.

Update: Mohammed Jaraya has been removed from the GLORY 83 card. Chris Wunn will now face Jonathan Mayezo.

GLORY 83:
  • Main event: Sergej Maslobojev vs Donegi Abena
  • Co main: Donovan Wisse vs Cesar Almeida
  • Serkan Ozcaglayan vs Sergej Braun
  • Guerric Billet vs Cihad Akipa
  • Uku Jürjendal vs Nabil Khachab
  • Ahmad Chikh Mousa vs Berjan Peposhi
  • Jos van Belzen vs Robin Ciric

GLORY 83 Prelims:
  • Chris Wunn vs Jonathan Mayezo
  • Sorin Caliniuc vs Arman Hambaryan

The GLORY 83 Prelims will stream live at 19:00 CET on YouTube and Facebook.

GLORY 83 will stream live at 20:00 CET on Videolandin the Netherlands and Fighting.de in Germany. See below or click here for more information on how to watch the event worldwide.

Tickets: tickets.glorykickboxing.com

Full fightcard:

How to watch:

upload_2023-2-10_19-14-15.jpeg

If your country or region is not listed above, you can watch GLORY 83 by purchasing the official pay-per-view for only $9.99 at gloryfights.com.

upload_2022-12-15_9-26-55.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! Got a couple of mates who live in Cologne - they will probably going to this. And of course just around the corner from Holland :D

Nice! Got a couple of mates who live in Cologne - they will probably going to this. And of course just around the corner from Holland :D
Nice!
If they put on a solid card I’ll be there too!

Would even fancy making a visit at my mates for this as I like the whole vibe of a proper fight night but unfortunately impossible around that date. Maybe a european Sherdog meet-up in the future hehe would be legendary :D;) without a doubt

Would even fancy making a visit at my mates for this as I like the whole vibe of a proper fight night but unfortunately impossible around that date. Maybe a european Sherdog meet-up in the future hehe would be legendary :D;) without a doubt
That sucks man, where do you live?
Make sure to visit a GLORY event once if you get the possibility to do so, they’re great!

That would be super cool mate without a doubt!
<28>
I suggest to invite @Clementine aswell, if she wants;)

Munich region - as I said would deffo like to attend a Glory event in the future. Used to train some kickboxing in my early 20s, sometimes boxing nowadays.

For sure the most fun and best atmosphere would be at a show in the Netherlands and if a fight breaks out or something I would tell them they got my fellow Sherbro to deal with :D

I think Mohammed Jaraya also comes back with a big fight. From Germany, who is confirmed given that the event is in Düsseldorf?

Jup, Camara is fighting Joilton Lutterbach.
Lutterbach won his first fight for the promotion at GLORY 82, and last weekend he won BRAVE MMA‘s interim 165-pounds belt.

Peposhi will fight Ahmah Chikh Mousa, who’s 2-0 in the promotion with wins at GLORY 81 and 82

Jup, Camara is fighting Joilton Lutterbach.
Lutterbach won his first fight for the promotion at GLORY 82, and last weekend he won BRAVE MMA‘s interim 165-pounds belt.

Peposhi will fight Ahmah Chikh Mousa, who’s 2-0 in the promotion with wins at GLORY 81 and 82

Never seen Peposhi fight so i'll go with Golden Boy all day.

Sorin Căliniuc is set to debut at GLORY 83

Back