PBP GLORY 79: Collision 3, Sat. Oct. 23, 11:00 AM EST/8:00 AM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins in the main event?

• Total voters

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
uNyafnT.jpg

Rico Verhoeven will defend his heavyweight championship when he completes his trilogy with Jamal Ben Saddik in the Glory 79 “Collision 3” main event on Saturday at the GelreDome in Arnhem, Netherlands. The two men split their two previous meetings: Saddik won via corner stoppage in the second round of their March 6, 2011 encounter, while Verhoeven earned a fifth-round technical knockout in their Dec. 9, 2017 rematch.

Promotion: Glory Kickboxing
Venue: GelreDome
Enclosure: Ring
Kickboxing Bouts: 10

THE LINEUP
(2:00 PM EST/11:00 AM PT)

265: Rico Verhoeven vs. Jamal Ben Saddik
265: Gokhan Saki vs. James McSweeney
170: Mohamed Mezouari vs. Samuel Dbili
209: Donegi Abena vs. Sergej Maslobojev
265: Benjamin Adegbuyi vs. Antonio Plazibat
209: Michael Duut vs. John King

(12:00 AM EST/9:00 AM PT)
170: Alim Nabiyev vs. Troy Jones
143: Serhii Adamchuk vs. Aleksei Ulianov
265: Matt Baker vs. Serkan Ozcaglayan
154: Stoyan Koprivlenski vs. Bruno Gazani

THE RUNDOWN
Weigh-In Report
All Hail the King
Rico Verhoeven’s Mental Edge
The Return of Gokhan Saki
Heir to the Throne

*How to Watch Glory 'Collision 3'*

Glory Collision 3: Official Weigh-ins

Glory Collision 3 Prelims, Live and Free on Sherdog!

Mezouari, Nabiev , Duut and Saki matches are one sided af...

Gazani is really bad to watch and i dont think he haves great technique and cardio but somehow he keeps winning fights, watched him twice live and his fights are the ones that i go to buy a beer dont giving too much attention because what is inside the ring is messy.

Good matchups:

-Adamchuk vs Ulianov haves everything to be a high paced fun competitive fight.

- Plazibat vs Adegbuyi is amazing, this is gonna be a banger, both guys have a great variety in their arsenals cause they are complete kickboxers.

- Abena vs Maslobojev is another good one

- Verhoeven vs Ben Saddik is the big drama show, i personally liked that Overeem is out, their triology is much more appreciated for me

Saki and McSweeney talking shit, but can tell it's all light hearted fun.

This either ends how 90% of people think it's going to, or james wins and people say " you beat a guy on 2 weeks notice" kind of hate these lose-lose fights when it pertains to fans and media

Last edited:
Finally Saddik and Verhoeven. Hopefully Saddik takes it. Not that I have anything against Rico but he's had that belt for so fucking long that it would mix things up if he did lose. Plus if he does, it COULD mean he crosses over the MMA and I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Gazani is really bad to watch and i dont think he haves great technique and cardio but somehow he keeps winning fights, watched him twice live and his fights are the ones that i go to buy a beer dont giving too much attention because what is inside the ring is messy.

Cara, essa luta foi legal pra caralho. Nao sei como voce acha chato:

So just as a heads up to those watching, Sherdog is airing the prelim card which is called Glory 79. Yes, it's odd that Glory is running a numbered four-fight card as the prelims, with the main card named Collision 3, but it'll be fun. They can be seen here!

Badr Hari will be doing guest commentating apparently... Let's hope he acts professional, this isn't WWE.

I don't know why, but somehow, duut always gets me to laugh. Really would love to have some beers with the guy and let him talk his shit cause he is hilarious

Badr Hari will be doing guest commentating apparently... Let's hope he acts professional, this isn't WWE.
Supposedly for just main and co main. I say if McSweeney wins, do that fight ASAP just for the shit talking.

If saki looks like saki of old, then let him fight one of the top guys, while if saki wins and plazibat wins, give badr Plazibat and use badr for stepping stone to build this kid up. The saki trilogy will always be there so just leave it alone for now.

amazing amazing fight!

Plazibat have more variation in his arsenal, Khbabez still not checking low kicks

The stream doesn't seem to be working for me...

Back