News Glory 78 Badr Hari vs Arkadiusz Wrzosek September 4

And people thought me suggesting mcsweeney was dumb. This is even worse. The way I read this matchmaking is timmers saying " we know you want a vintage Badr KO, so we're giving it to you on a silver platter."

They better stack that card

You have to stack the card with Badr in the main event. Dude has glass bones, so expecting a good fight from Badr is hard.

Glory just seems so unorganized.
Even with the possibility of an unsatisfactory ending to a Badr fight, they have certainly been incredibly entertaining fights regardless.

I wonder what fight is more outrageous though?

Badr Hari vs Arkadiusz Wrzosek, with Badr going 0-3-1 in the 6 years prior.

or...

Benjamin Adegbuyi vs Arkadiusz Wrzosek, with Benny going 27-4 in the 6 years prior.

Not that I know anything about this Arkadiusz guy, but why not a rematch with Londt instead?

Not that I know anything about this Arkadiusz guy, but why not a rematch with Londt instead?
Would make less sense to put him in there with the last guy he got a win over and by KO. People would complain about that too.

Arkadiusz Wrzosek is completely serviceable and appropriate opponent for a guy that hasn't won a fight in 6 years. He looked good against Benny until he took a shot to the liver, and still managed to make it to the cards.

There is nothing wrong with this fight at all, except maybe it's not main event level, but Badr is always a main event attraction.

Mayweather is going to fight a YouTuber. Calm down Kickboxing fans.

Last edited:
Would make less sense to put him in there with the last guy he got a win over and by KO. People would complain about that too.

Arkadiusz Wrzosek is completely serviceable and appropriate for a guy that hasn't won a fight in 6 years. He looked good against Benny until he took a shot to the liver, and still managed to make it to the cards.
Well if this Arkadiusz guy beats Badr, wouldn't that completely kill Badr's opportunities to milk out a few more good paydays? Personally I would rather see him bet or get beaten by an expired fighter like himself.

Well if this Arkadiusz guy beats Badr, wouldn't that completely kill Badr's opportunities to milk out a few more good paydays? Personally I would rather see him bet or get beaten by an expired fighter like himself.
He's headlining an event and he hasn't won a fight in 6 years. If this match up is so bad wouldn't this fight be milking out a good payday? Why would losing to another shot fighter be better?

Even with the possibility of an unsatisfactory ending to a Badr fight, they have certainly been incredibly entertaining fights regardless.

or...

Benjamin Adegbuyi vs Arkadiusz Wrzosek, with Benny going 27-4 in the 6 years prior.

Yeah i suppose you're right... just imagine if Badr loses though lol

Arkadiusz Wrzosek is completely serviceable and appropriate opponent for a guy that hasn't won a fight in 6 years. He looked good against Benny until he took a shot to the liver, and still managed to make it to the cards.

There is nothing wrong with this fight at all, except maybe it's not main event level, but Badr is always a main event attraction.

Mayweather is going to fight a YouTuber. Calm down Kickboxing fans.
I don't care about the competitive spirit of the fight, I reject it on the grounds that it's another case of GLORY wasting money and promotion on washed old guys who can't make it through 3 rounds. This isn't how a promotion works toward a brighter future. It's a sad, desperate play for nostalgia bucks and it will go nowhere.

But we all know this already. It's GLORY, we just don't expect anything better anymore.

I don't care about the competitive spirit of the fight, I reject it on the grounds that it's another case of GLORY wasting money and promotion on washed old guys who can't make it through 3 rounds. This isn't how a promotion works toward a brighter future. It's a sad, desperate play for nostalgia bucks and it will go nowhere.

But we all know this already. It's GLORY, we just don't expect anything better anymore.

At the end of the day i'd happily accept (but not pay for) a shit fight like this if 1. it wasn't the main event, and 2. they actually built up people on their roster and brought new people in.

Someone said in the Saki thread (i think) "don't hate on Glory" but they're a joke, they really are. Then we have a few in the other thread saying "kickboxing will rise above mma and boxing", i'm sorry but Glory is making kickboxing look worse than any other org has done in a while.

I realize covid hit hard and it hit some businesses harder than others, but Glory had financial and matchmaking issues long before covid came around. They obviously don't care or care very little about Petch's division so regardless of what people think about ONE just cut the division or trade with ONE. It's saves you money in wages, alpha dudes don't care about small guys anyway as i keep hearing. I don't even know what they're doing with Marat and Sittichai's scrap in the div above either. Keep the women, Doumbe's div, mw, lhw, and hw.

Focus on the mainstream divisions and what's working, because you're completely neglecting 2 whole divisions and it's not helping anyone.

Got an email from Glory yesterday but didn't realize. It just talks about Badr vs Wrzosek but then ends with...

"GLORY 78 will be exclusively available on pay-per-view. GLORY is also exploring the possibility to have a limited audience at Rotterdam Ahoy. More details about the event and fight card will follow soon.

Additionally, GLORY 79 and GLORY 80 are scheduled to take place in September and December; event dates will be announced later this year."

So 2 more events later this year. I would expect something to do with Rico, Pereira, Artem and Doumbe to be in the December event but really they should split them up between the both events.

It will be nice to see crowd. If the next event is in September, that is not very late. If they will put then Rico vs. Benny. In December there is a rumor about an 8-man.

or...

But Adegbuyi vs. Wrzosek was a quarter-final in an 8-man tournament. Glory wanted the bottom heavyweights in first round of it. The others were Abdallah, Mozny and Tafa. If they signed him for potential, you are not matching him like this. One heavy beating was enough in order to draw conclusion. Sometimes you receive 2-3 beatings, but here the difference may be too big. And it can actually fall your career. Plus Glory do not seem to protect their fighters. They have done this also with many Americans. Just that here he fights a beast. Even if he was not signed for a Glory career, you are protecting your roster. Wrzozek has to fight Mozny, Pacas and others. Win those first...

I thought Wrzosek did bad and you are understimating Badr. He exposed Rico knocking him down how many times?! And then he knocked down Benny once before being TKOed. But this fight will not prove anything. He will probably knock Wrzosek out. Adegbuyi would have knocked him down too, but it was a tournament, no need to force more.

What can this fight prove? Give what to Badr? Confidence? There is no testing for him. If he wants to retire, he is able to fight Moroșanu. Glory are dumb not to make such fights! At least there would be rating and joy.

What is next for Badr? Wrzozek and Mozny? If the Germans and Tafa left? I say he should feel embarrassed to taking on his poorest opponent since 2004 I think.

Glory basically matched Badr with one of the poorest heavyweights in the promotion, not even with Marshall or Mahiedinne (not talking about Wilnis, Khbabez or Rigters). In a main-event.

Last edited:

Until Badr retires or proves to no longer be a draw, which he still is even after going 6 straight years with zero wins, he will headline cards. The whole entire existence of the sport is based on nostalgia and old guys. It was no different with K-1, and at least Glory isn't putting on total freak show fights.

Glory has a limited roster, limited star power, likely limited funds, and they are just scraping by. I'm not sure what people expect at this point. There aren't many main eventers in Glory right now. The build up and push towards the future happens on the undercard. If they screw that up too, sure I'll be right with you. Otherwise I'm not going to get outraged by this fight.

Until Badr retires or proves to no longer be a draw, which he still is even after going 6 straight years with zero wins, he will headline cards. The whole entire existence of the sport is based on nostalgia and old guys. It was no different with K-1, and at least Glory isn't putting on total freak show fights.

Glory has a limited roster, limited star power, likely limited funds, and they are just scraping by. I'm not sure what people expect at this point. There aren't many main eventers in Glory right now. The build up and push towards the future happens on the undercard. If they screw that up too, sure I'll be right with you. Otherwise I'm not going to get outraged by this fight.
The problem is, I don't think they have limited funds. Andurand's investment portfolio had a massive 2020 and if Glory are hurting for money, it's his decision to not inject more cash that's the cause. Glory has never made a dime in their entire existence, because they're terrible business-people who have blown millions upon millions on boomer names and created absolutely no foundation underneath that.

I don't think its reasonable or fair to expect people to just roll over and pretend it's ok when a guy like Badr - who isn't even a good fighter anymore - still dominates promotion. Glory are abdicating their duty to the sport in Europe and everyone should call them out on it until they change course. No fan owes them any loyalty or any free rides. Shit product is still shit.

The problem is, I don't think they have limited funds. Andurand's investment portfolio had a massive 2020 and if Glory are hurting for money, it's his decision to not inject more cash that's the cause. Glory has never made a dime in their entire existence, because they're terrible business-people who have blown millions upon millions on boomer names and created absolutely no foundation underneath that.

I don't think its reasonable or fair to expect people to just roll over and pretend it's ok when a guy like Badr - who isn't even a good fighter anymore - still dominates promotion. Glory are abdicating their duty to the sport in Europe and everyone should call them out on it until they change course. No fan owes them any loyalty or any free rides. Shit product is still shit.
I don't completely disagree with you. What has hurt Glory the most is their weak ability to create new stars. They've managed to with a few guys but not enough to fill a roster to make fight cards consistently appealing. I just don't have a problem with putting draws in main events, regardless of their age or standing. This isn't the bum fight everyone is making it to be. Arkadiusz isn't a terrible fighter, it's not like we are getting Badr vs Maurice Jackson. Again, their must be a solid undercard here still and if that is missing I'll join the picket lines.

I don't completely disagree with you. What has hurt Glory the most is their weak ability to create new stars. They've managed to with a few guys but not enough to fill a roster to make fight cards consistently appealing. I just don't have a problem with putting draws in main events, regardless of their age or standing. This isn't the bum fight everyone is making it to be. Arkadiusz isn't a terrible fighter, it's not like we are getting Badr vs Maurice Jackson. Again, their must be a solid undercard here still and if that is missing I'll join the picket lines.

Yeah i don't know about Glory's financial state so i won't pretend i do, but it's been clear as day for years that they have little to zero intention of creating new stars. I know you can't just pull a new star who magically draws out of your ass but they don't even try.

How long has Petch been fighting the same guys? Sittichai left because he was sick of fighting Marat and they had no other top talent at that weight, Doumbe has just about run out of opponents too.

Like i said i know stars bring in the money and you can't just create a star, but bring in thai, japanese, chinese fighters for lower weights, bring in european and african guys for the upper weights. If you can't afford exclusive contracts and you can't persuade people into them then borrow guys and lend guys out. Apart from K1, japanese kickboxers fight between 2 orgs most of the time and it works.

Arkadiusz isn't a terrible fighter, it's not like we are getting Badr vs Maurice Jackson.

He only has a terrible defense, and considering his amazing height owns mediocre power, I also see no speed and the technique is far from the big leagues!

If you want to compare him to Maurice Jackson or even this Demoreo, it is bad.

Wrzosek lost to ***g Colin George by KO! And I see no good improvements.

Glory can sign who the ***ll they want, but I will always criticize bad signings even from my country. And there are great fighters outside of Glory, including (light)heavyweights.

When this Polish fought Vladimir Tok, Tok was close to retire and Wrzosek had a 10-4 record (very bad for the his opponency). Not to mention Londt for example KOed prime Toktasynov in round 1 in 5 seconds like he was a fly.

Wrzosek has a record over bums and 2 Germans close to retirement and in bad shape. Well, Falin was not that bad in career (still far from Glory level), but just not in prime anymore.

As a human being I wish him the best, but he should not be in the ring with Badr Hari!

He lost to some anonymous Polish, and Mozny. Then he lost to Falin, and his promotion started choosing carefully his opponents. He rematched Falin again, when Falin got old. He also fought that mediocre Tok and when he also got old. He fought a semi-expired Schmid and in bad condition. He was matched with a Voronin under his weight.

Comparing him to Slowinski is crazy.

Last edited:
Not terrible like farceur Jackson, just a heavyweight who will not rise to the rigors of Glory. And that Glory do not even care to grow a little. Or worse, to protect him like they should, from fighting somebody much, much better...

He has not fought with anyone and comes from a country with a mediocre league.

The only relevant opponent on his resume is Colin George. Which could not be miserable, because he is still coached by Mike Passenier. But he is a heavyweight not Glory worth and certainly better than Wrzosek in all the aspects (being also as tall as Wrzosek).

Imagine I am describing now George, lol, but he really has better defense, technique, power and even speed than Wrzosek. And probably mental, he has always given everything (serious guy compared to others) but his talent was limited for the big leagues. George is like a kickboxer, Wrzosek is like a half-kickboxer (a semi-pro).

I think if Wrzosek fought Abdallah, Smolik and Mozny, even Pacas, he would never have been in a main event with an elite like Badr Hari. Leave away Marshall, Mahiedinne, Plazibat and better heavyweights! All under the Big 4. Badr could still be 4th, though his defense is questionable. I am almost entirely sure he cannot be vulnerable in this fight.

I honestly did not want to describe everything about Wrzosek. Imagine I would be happy to support Arkadiusz in this fight, in some matches I really want to support the underdogs. I hope I am wrong for this "kid". And probably I will be looking probably for a KO because the favorite will impose himself easily from the beginning. Which eventually will not rise up the Moroccan with anything. An insignificant victory.

How many of you would have ever thought before the announcement that Badr would ever fight Wrzosek? Even Pacas. And Pacas, even though from Slovakia, still fought quite decently through Enfusion. And looks like a kickboxer. He did beat recently Balli. In my opinion, Hari would never have fought with Balli either.

Last edited:
Back