Glory 76: BADR Hari vs. BENNY Adegbuyi / Doumbé vs. Groenhart [December 19]

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Official!

IMG_20200914_102704.jpg

Heavyweight: Badr Hari (Morocco) vs. Benjamin Adegbuyi (Romania) - Glory Heavyweight Championship Eliminator
Welterweight: Cédric Doumbé (c, France) vs. Murthel Groenhart (Suriname) - Glory Welterweight Championship
Heavyweight: Antonio Plazibat (Croatia) vs. Nordine Mahieddine (France) - Tournament Semifinal
Heavyweight: Levi Rigters (Netherlands) vs. Massinissa Hamaili (Algeria) - Tournament Semifinal

http://www.glorykickboxing.com/news...ith-fite:235cad8b-dc5e-41c5-a0ff-854891d7dc35

GLORY fans around the world can purchase the GLORY 76 pay-per-view event for $14.99. With FITE, fans can watch the live fights on many different smart devices including phones, tablets, laptops, game consoles, OTT streaming devices or Smart TVs.

https://www.fite.tv/watch/glory-76-badr-vs-benny/2p88n/

I noticed that they have Glory events on Fight pass. Do they get added a month after the PPV date, just like regular UFC PPV's?

I noticed that they have Glory events on Fight pass. Do they get added a month after the PPV date, just like regular UFC PPV's?
I believe the Fight Pass contract is over, so I don't think this event will be put on there. It had been live-streamed and immediately added in the past however.

interesting looking card, I excited for Rigters debut, seems like they matched him up with the easier opponent on purpose tho.

Plazibat should be interesting. Any news on when Petch is fighting in glory again? Wish he went to One so bad

How many of you consider paying for this card? I am inclined to pay for it, although there are only 4 fights. The European kickboxing scene needs this heavily. If this goes wrong, (another Badr injury before time) it will have a great negative impact on Glory...

How many of you consider paying for this card? I am inclined to pay for it, although there are only 4 fights. The European kickboxing scene needs this heavily. If this goes wrong, (another Badr injury before time) it will have a great negative impact on Glory...
Badr vs. Benny is a too big fight not to pay for it, to have it live instead of downloading it about 20 hours later from the Torrents. And Youtube is not even good quality, and knowing Glory will anyway remove the recorded versions.

I am paying for the card. Definitely.

Actually there are 5 fights, there is also the final of tournament. Solid card. Consider also supporting the sport in the pandemic...

I hope Benny will not disappoint this time! And Badr does not abandon.

I would but I think the timezone situation will be working against me. Not sure yet, but if I'm able to watch it live I'll pay for it just to support the fighters on the card.

The whole martial arts scene must adapt to these new circumstances or they will be disappear. 15 Euros is very reasonable taking in consideration that a Glory ticket was significantly more (50/70 euros the cheapest??). Verhoeven will have a hard time with JBS this time. If JBS is in the shape we have seen on the recent photo, Rico is in big trouble.

Honestly might be better to just do it for free on youtube like ONE does, they're not going to sell that many iPPVs of this. Seems like a temporary measure till they get some ok tv deals anyway. IMO would be better to try and get more eyeballs and perhaps build some momentum than bury the event behind a paywall for 500 people to see.

Honestly might be better to just do it for free on youtube like ONE does, they're not going to sell that many iPPVs of this. Seems like a temporary measure till they get some ok tv deals anyway. IMO would be better to try and get more eyeballs and perhaps build some momentum than bury the event behind a paywall for 500 people to see.
There will be thousands of subscribers for sure but they will probably not generate huge amounts like in the US (UFC). Glory does this because they are impotent to sign good TV deals. Kickboxing will never be for PPV. Well, for good price maybe only.

Back