Glory 36 Germany & Glory Collision: Verhoeven vs. Hari (Discussion) 11am EST & 4pm EST

why would you have a scratch from being punched in the jaw, vs being kicked on the body?

Being punched in the face should also leave visible signs.

Aside from that, visible accumulated damage shouldn't be a huge factor at the end of the fight. Jauncey, Kiria and Marat all had no visible damage from Sittichai. Doesn't mean he didn't outclass them.

RvR only landed one big 1-2 that snapped Sittichai's head back the one time.

that was enough to accumulate 100+ punches in Glory's statcounter and win the fight.

why would you have a scratch from being punched in the jaw, vs being kicked on the body?

and if your nuthugger comment is in reference to me, i've already explained that i know both of them personally and have no bias either way.
Let's just agree that the judges were incompetent and couldn't even score rounds simlarly? Even in the last Glory event some of the score cards made no sense.

Some of Glorys/ISKA referees are also totally incompetent.

They have given Glory a bad rep. In Sittichais last fight people believed Marat would be given the decision despite having been out scored. Luckily the right guy got the win but people don't trust glory anymore. Let's not defend shitty judges... they could use some training instead like i've heard they do in Kunlun. At least the judges seem more consistent there and the referees more competent.

Last edited:
Dutch people were saying kicks to the arms score nothing in KB. If that's the case they should make it pretty clear but nowhere does glory rules say kick to the arms scores nothing. The judges seem to make up their own criteria.

If a red mark should be more important than actual clean hits maybe all fighters should just get tattoos on their arms and ribs...

If a red mark should be more important than actual clean hits maybe all fighters should just get tattoos on their arms and ribs...

That would actually be a legit reason to get darker and go to the tanning salon.

That's the secret reason why thai > dutch. Bruises aren't as visible.

Just hope they keep using 5 judges wherever they can. Has there been any decisions actually going "the wrong way" in Glory when there's been 5 judges? There's been shitty scorecards from 1-2 judges many times but off the top of my head I can't remember the wrong guy winning.

Same for Kunlun Fight I can't really remember any legit shit decisions when there's been 5 judges.

Just use 5 judges kids and you'll do better.

Being punched in the face should also leave visible signs.

Aside from that, visible accumulated damage shouldn't be a huge factor at the end of the fight. Jauncey, Kiria and Marat all had no visible damage from Sittichai. Doesn't mean he didn't outclass them.

sure, i mean, lets not get hung up on this visible damage thing. i am not saying its the determining factor in fights in general, my point is only that if Roosmalen had taken the bodykicking masterclass that people are saying sittichai put on him, there would have been marks

there's no disagreeement from anyone that most of sittichai's kick output landed on the arms, right? So its really down to how people score that.

RvR only landed one big 1-2 that snapped Sittichai's head back the one time.

that was enough to accumulate 100+ punches in Glory's statcounter and win the fight.

well that's literally not true, because it occurs numerous times, mostly with short shots from clinch. Maybe you need to go back and watch it repeatedly. Your memory seems off.

Let's just agree that the judges were incompetent and couldn't even score rounds simlarly? Even in the last Glory event some of the score cards made no sense.

Some of Glorys/ISKA referees are also totally incompetent.

They have given Glory a bad rep. In Sittichais last fight people believed Marat would be given the decision despite having been out scored. Luckily the right guy got the win but people don't trust glory anymore. Let's not defend shitty judges... they could use some training instead like i've heard they do in Kunlun. At least the judges seem more consistent there and the referees more competent.

I don't disagree at all. I've been campaigning for the ISKA to drop Italian referee Stefano Valenti for some time now, he is abysmal, and so are some of the judges. Is there any link/pattern to it being Italian referee and judges that are the problem? I dont know.

ISKA are on Facebook and Twitter; the EU head is Paul Hennessey; I would encourage you to get involved and make contact via social media and let your voices be heard.

The way I look at it, all things even punches vs kicking, we can debate that, but consider that even at that point you gotta look at the control of the fight. Despite RVR marching forward the whole time, it was Sittichai dictating the range, cutting the angles and having complete control of ring generalship.

there's no disagreeement from anyone that most of sittichai's kick output landed on the arms, right? So its really down to how people score that.
Everyone here understands kicks to the arm do not score at all in kickboxing yet we all think sittichai still won a clear decision. Everyone here is talking about the number of clean strikes landed and yet at minimum 90% believe sittichai still won the fight not even counting all the arm kicks. There was a reason 2 guys that have called professional fights for well over a decade called the fight a "flawless" victory ( in the mortal kombat barely got touched sense) for sittichai

and btw i meant scratch as in any mark or bruise not an actual scratch like robin had from sittichai's front kick. Also if I'm ever directing something at yourself it will probably say something about being a paid shill not a blind nut hugger. I usually make it fairly obvious if i am trying to take a shot at someone

Who ever was the judge the other night who picked amrani as the winner over pinca should never be allowed to work again. I need to go back and see if i can find out if it was the same judge all night that made every fight a split decision

Last edited:
Let's distinguish something real quick:

Double forearm guard = blocked kick

Kick to a single arm, kick to upper arm/shoulder = not a blocked kick

Dutch people were saying kicks to the arms score nothing in KB. If that's the case they should make it pretty clear but nowhere does glory rules say kick to the arms scores nothing. The judges seem to make up their own criteria.
I agree they should be more clear, but its not like we haven't witnessed 20 years of Thais not being rewarded for their typical techniques. Keep in mind that kickboxing is perceived in the cultural realm of the Karate and Kung Fu presence which preceded it for most of the world. Ever see those Karate drills where one guy walks forward throwing slow punches and the other guy is hitting it away with his forearm? Remember in the Karate kid when he was painting the fence but it was actually teaching him to block punches? Its not hard to see how this found its way into KB, or at least the subconscious of those who regulate and judge it.

Edit: just to be clear I also scored the fight for Sittichai, just didn't see it as the landslide robbery some others did.

Last edited:
just because a punch doesn't have a visable effect doesn't mean that it didn't land.

yes RvR landed many more punches other than that 1-2 but it you're going to overcome getting kicked and outclassed you should be landing a lot of clean punches that have some visible effect;

well that's literally not true, because it occurs numerous times, mostly with short shots from clinch. Maybe you need to go back and watch it repeatedly. Your memory seems off

maybe. I watched it several times when it happened I even made a thread here trying to see it from a different pov and scoring it for RvR - with a lot of good will towards his side.

what I concluded was that he landed one clean 1-2 and a lot of blocked/messy combos where he touched Sittichai but not landed clean. certainly not 100+ punches landed.

sure, i mean, lets not get hung up on this visible damage thing. i am not saying its the determining factor in fights in general, my point is only that if Roosmalen had taken the bodykicking masterclass that people are saying sittichai put on him, there would have been marks

there's no disagreeement from anyone that most of sittichai's

well that's literally not true, because it occurs numerous times, mostly with short shots from clinch. Maybe you need to go back and watch it repeatedly. Your memory seems off.
The punches were either hitting the arms /gloves, or the upper of sittichais head, (very few clean shots to the face or the chin). Not sure if these should count as clean damaging hits. If the kicks to the arm don't, these punches definitely shouldn't IMO.

does anybody know about tv/ppv ratings?

774k viewers on Ziggo sports in the netherlands. can't find other ratings.

Back