Glory 31: RVR vs Sittichai II

Verbeek got a gift from the judges. I had Verbeek winning the first round and Mazepa winning rounds two and three. I'm not surprised the home fighter (and arguably more desirable fighter) got the win, but I am disappointed.

I get the hate for the Londt decision, but he had a hell of a comeback. I personally had it even after three but I can understand how Londt got the decision. Props to Gerges for showing great sportsmanship. I'm glad he's back in Glory.

I thought the Sittichai decision was an easy one to make, but I was nervous the judges would go with RVR. I had Sittichai winning three rounds, maybe four. Loved that he took a page out of Buakaw's book and brought out a portrait of the King. That should get him some love in Thailand.

Hari in the house. Make it happen Glory.

And finally... Stefano Valenti was horrible as usual. Tobias Gerold did a good job, but compared to Valenti it's hard for anyone to look bad.

Overall, I thought it was a good showing for Glory.

This also aired on true4u in Thailand, middle of the night sure but still. Hope that's a proper deal and not just for the one show or something.

This also aired on true4u in Thailand, middle of the night sure but still. Hope that's a proper deal and not just for the one show or something.
From the interviews with John Franklin it sounds like a proper deal. He mentioned them having a Thai champion so it's good for Thai TV. And also they want to do a future show in Thailand

I'm usually pretty forgiving towards commentators, it's not an easy job, but every time I hear someone say "Those kicks aren't landing just hitting the forearms" or "He's blocking the kicks with his forearms" in a dismissive way it makes me want to fucking scream. Kicks to the forearms are hugely damaging, no idea why people don't see this.

Joe has always been biased towards the dutch/k1 style of fighting. Look at how he fights and look at how the classes at his gym are run, no clinching, just lots of block with arms, step in, bang bang lowkick and inside boxing.

It's such a stupid way to fight.

Might as well just box.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to remove clinching. It's a reality of stand-up fighting. Glory is inconsistent, but it's still better than K-1 which limits clinches even more. All you end up with is an annoying referee constantly breaking action and yelling at the fighters. Just embrace it and let the fighters fight!

K-1 Japan has been killing me with the overly enforced no clinch rule and yellow cards, it's a natural part of striking.

It wasn't so bad before, but it seems like they are going overboard now, even grabbing behind the head to immediately execute a knee gets you a sharp reprimand from the ref.

Stupid fucking shit. Kills the flow of the fight.

Watching the Shawn Porter vs Keith Thurman Boxing fight last night those guys fought in the clinch the entire fight pretty much and it was exciting as hell. I do want Glory to let them clinch but there so adamant about having it completely abolished.

They should just remove knees if they don't want a little clinch wrestling. Have them box and throw kicks. Kickboxing.

From the interviews with John Franklin it sounds like a proper deal. He mentioned them having a Thai champion so it's good for Thai TV. And also they want to do a future show in Thailand

wouldn't be so sure. when he said he got a big german tv deal couple events ago, it was also just for one show.

So it looks like this was Robin van Roosmalen last Glory-fight (his Glory-contract expired last saturday). According to his dad he won't return to Glory because of last saturday's developments. Robin will be focussing 100% on his MMA-career I've been told.

Glory's list of big names leaving is getting longer per event:

- Ghita
- Spong
- Saki
- Petrosyan
- Kyshenko
- Schilling
- Levin
- Van Roosmalen

wouldn't be so sure. when he said he got a big german tv deal couple events ago, it was also just for one show.
I don't think they ever said TV deal. They got on a streaming service and as far as I know still are there.

I don't think they ever said TV deal. They got on a streaming service and as far as I know still are there.

ahhhhhhhhh... holy shit they really are. And I paid 15€ on eversport instead of 4€ (monthly like UFC fightpass) it costs there.

If that is legit then hopefully its just adrenaline and emotions talking. I know he wants to do MMA, but I was hoping he would still take a fight with Kunlun every now and then, or maybe go to Bellator and do both.

So I'll never see RVR in the Glory ring again? Am I supposed to be upset?

Ghiță is doing Ghiță things.
Spong is focused on boxing.
Saki is with Glory but injured.
Petrosyan is still technically with Glory.
Kyshenko apparently wants too much money.
Levin... No one cares.
Schilling... No one cares.
RVR... No one cares.

Glory's loses are Ghiță, Spong, Kyshenko and Ristie.

I care about Levin and RVR

I just hope that Levin never face Simon Marcus anymore(at least not under kb rules,but even on FTR the fight would be boring with a lot of unproductive clinch)

RVR is being a cry baby as said before,he is a big name on the division,and there is no shame to loss to Sitthichai(but he still thinking he won both fights lol),he produced some very good fights especially in the past,maybe we could see him on bellator kickboxing being the only high level kickboxer of the roster and taking MMA fights too,this is a good thing for bellator,having a guy who could mix it up for them do their freak show of retired old MMA fihgters,backyard fighters-Hobos and "style" vs "style" match up,couldnt see a better opportunity for bellator kickboxing on not offering a place on US kickboxing thai fight brand for him

I just don't like RVR, skilled or not. He could go to Bellator, but they've had chances to sign decent fighters but they prefer to push guys like Daniels so I'm not sure they'd pursue RVR.

Levin has a boring style. It seems like every time I've seen him fight he clinched way too much. So far I'm not missing him even though he is a skilled fighter.

i would imagine that Thai tv deal is only for events with thai's fighting and not every event. True4u has the same deal with wlf where they only show the events with Thais

QTjZA4y.jpg

K-1 Japan has been killing me with the overly enforced no clinch rule and yellow cards, it's a natural part of striking.

It wasn't so bad before, but it seems like they are going overboard now, even grabbing behind the head to immediately execute a knee gets you a sharp reprimand from the ref.

Stupid fucking shit. Kills the flow of the fight.

It's real stupid really. After they banned all clinching last October, guys really just don't have any idea of what to do now when they're up close. I mean, guys get into that distance naturally as a part of fighting, but now you see them raising their hands in a 'woah, not me man' matter as if they're afraid of being accuse of a groping their opponent.

Inconsistent reffing is a problem too. Some guys let a bit of clinching go on, but others (fat baldy) starts screaming the moment people get into slow-dancing distance.

So it looks like this was Robin van Roosmalen last Glory-fight (his Glory-contract expired last saturday). According to his dad he won't return to Glory because of last saturday's developments. Robin will be focussing 100% on his MMA-career I've been told.

The bad thing about all the talent exodus from Glory is that now we're letting fighters pretty much hold their orgs hostage if things don't go their way. Honestly, I can't imagine RvR's style going well in high level MMA. Maybe best to just let him go and get embarrassed.

Back