Glory 28 Paris

There should be only one mentality in combat sports. If you do that bad, and especially if you are a HW, you pull the fucking trigger.

Or maybe he couldn"t because of his fitness. But if you think you can"t resist so much, you try to knock him out in the first rounds. You always have the puncher"s chance in the HW division especially. Rico is no Mayweather. Zimmerman does this and did that.

Knock him out if you can"t be competitive. He"s not a fucking shadow.
in theory that sounds great but we live in a world where people understand the dangers of brain damage and even if they don't we are still hard wired for survival. that means not putting your self in a terrible position by just rushing for a knockout when your opponent has already clearly shown the ability to hurt you even while in a much better defensive position. Every instinct you have tells you not to do it but some how you expect these guys to just somehow overcome that ingrained reaction

I think its fair to say Sittichai is number 2 P4P in kickboxing at the moment just behind Petrosyan. 70kg is levels more competitive then any other weight class in kickboxing.

No one in Glory is beating Sergey Adamchuk at 65kg. He has a weird style that im starting to get accustomed to. A fight between Sittichai and Adamchuk would be interesting.

It was an entertaining card. The ESPN3 stream was crystal clear quality too. Disappointed the the oddsmakers didn't have odds for this card however like they have for some lesser Glory cards.

Marat made a decent fight of it, he actually landed a few clean shots in there. Did better than RVR honestly.

Marat made a decent fight of it, he actually landed a few clean shots in there. Did better than RVR honestly.
Yeah I agree. Marat threw more then RVR and landed more but that also left him more open to Sittichai's own punches. Marat had a better offence against sittichai whilst RVR had a better defense.

I think its fair to say Sittichai is number 2 P4P in kickboxing at the moment just behind Petrosyan. 70kg is levels more competitive then any other weight class in kickboxing.

No one in Glory is beating Sergey Adamchuk at 65kg. He has a weird style that im starting to get accustomed to. A fight between Sittichai and Adamchuk would be interesting.
Sittichai is awesome, but I think you have to be pretty absolutist with the "70kg is the best" idea to put him above more accomplished guys like Kaew and Saki. His performances against Gogokia and RvR were also fairly lackluster. He is getting there though. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he was considered P4P #1 eventually.

Grigorian X2
Kiria X2
van Roosmalen
Gogokhia
Superbon
Souwer
Groenhart
Khamal
Jauncey

All that but Khamal has come in the last 15 months.

Kaew doesn't come close to that. Saki has like 3 good wins in the last 5 years and isn't active.

Sittichai definitely has the best wins in recent times. By that criteria you could put him above Petro too. Typically for the P4P stuff though a big factor is how long a fighter has been at the top.

At this moment i agree Sitthichai is the N1 p4p kickboxing rankings too,considering regularity:

-Holzken had his last big victory sequence over really big names on his division like 3 years ago,in two years his biggest victories was only against Groenhart and Stetcurenko(i am not taking to serious as a strong opposition talking about defeat Daniels Twice).

-Rico Verhoeven almost cleared out his division since being defeated by Semmy on 2012,but considering the last two years,his biggest achievements were defeating a recent top 3 HW twice(Adegbuyi),an top 5 HW at the time of their fight(Zimmerman),A victory over Ghita who was considered the number one HW at the time of their fight(considering semmy was retired,Saki moved to LHW and Verhoeven was said as unproved),but he is not fighting with a lot of regularity like Sitthichai is doing .

-Levin cant be one of the top 3 p4p anymore,he was dominant and probably the second on p4p rankings two years ago,but after that he almost dont fight,only took one KB fight last year winning by controversial decision,and had a recent loss(ok,screwed by referee,but a loss is a loss),his best times was on 2014...

-Saki same Situation of Holzken.

-Kaew have a lot of good wins,but not enough to pass Sitthichai

->Sitthichai last(or first lol) two years on Kickboxing:

Mohammed Khamal(fought with Sitthichai after two year without a fight,but considering all his history it is a really big achievement a victory over him)

Dylan Salvador(a good name,have some good victories and fought with a lot of good guys under FTR)

Murthel Groenhart(pretty inconsistent,but with a lot of good wins and came for that fight with a first round KO victory over a top 10 LW Askerov)

Andy Souwer(Prime passed on their fight,but always a big achievement a victory over him)

Davit Kiria(top 5 lw at the moment of their fight)

Josh Jauncey(good prospect,top 15 at the time of their fight)

-Won a 8 man tournament in one night with two of the 3 fights by KO(even being with lesser names and he was called as an replacement for Kem in a short notice)

- Jonay Risco(Pretty good name,an top 20 for sure)

-Robin Van Roosmalen(highly controversial loss against a top 3)

-Marat Grigorian(big win over a top 5 at the time)

-Superbon(good win over a upcoming promising prospect on the sport )

-Enriko Gogokhia(Top 5 at the time of their fight)

-Davit Kiria again(top 7 or 8 at the time of the fight,but still a big victory)

-Marat Grigorian again(still an fair top 5 on the division)

So on the regularity of the victories Sitthichai is the biggest name on kickboxing right now,bigger than petrosyan considering the recent years,but Petro clearly have a number one spot considering overall.

there's a great chance glory will give sittichai his rematch with rvr around may in their next event in the Netherlands.

there's a great chance glory will give sittichai his rematch with rvr around may in their next event in the Netherlands.
for sure,is the best place to do it,the second best is france where Sitthichai is well known on the mt scene of the country.

I hope Siitichai just straight up knock RvR out to another galaxy for justice sake like the way Kaew annihilated Minoru in their rematch.

It is so annoying readings news site like Sherdoh saying that RvR will face Sittichai whom he already "conquered" lol.

The great thing is there will be a lot of interest and talk leading up to this fight .Glory might have to find somewhere bigger than RAI as the last event was completely sold out days before the event.

I hope Siitichai just straight up knock RvR out to another galaxy for justice sake like the way Kaew annihilated Minoru in their rematch.

It is so annoying readings news site like Sherdoh saying that RvR will face Sittichai whom he already "conquered" lol.

who wouldn't want to see that!
as annoying as it is,aside from diehard rvr fans and some glory asskissers everybody else considers sittichai the winner,from asia to europe unanimously.

i'd be more interested in seeing him with yod or petrosyan, no matter the result than another dull robbery with rvr. i have the worst feeling about this event and can't help thinking that there's no way unless he ko rvr they'll give him a decision.

It's the worst when people defend shitty kickboxing decisions like RVR/Sittichai with stuff like 'well this is kickboxing not muay thai and punches and low kicks score more in kickboxing, body kicks never won a kickboxing fight' I've heard people defending Kraus/Buakaw 4 with that terrible logic too. Lets hope Sittichai puts ko's him or 8 counts him and puts this all to rest.

I just hope he doesn't try to stand and trade punches, because RvR probably has more power in his hands. He also defended pretty well against knees from Sittichai in their last fight. If Sittichai can't get a KO with knees or a head kick i think he will win decision by scoring points with punches, like he did against Marat. He seems more comfortable with punching now.

Since the fight is never going to happen sittsongpeenong needs to pay yodvicha to come in and teach sittichai the intricacies of his head and arm clinch so he can clinch robin without having to worry about the uppercut or hooks. He can get him in the head and arm clinch and pull a prime buakaw by launching himself in with knees while not having to worry about taking damage or points scored against him. Robin really on scored when sittichai would do the plum with too much distance between them and if he can take out that space while still being able to score knees it bodes well even for him even if it goes to the score cards.

Marat gave Sittichai the hardest fight Sittichai had so far in Glory.

Back