Glory 21 : San Diego (SFS + SPIKE BROADCATS) 11/10c LIVE DISCUSSION

His boxing is bad i still. Wiffs all his punches and just moves forward.. I actually thought Levin outboxed him. I just hate watching him fight

He did outbox him. During the exchanges he landed the cleaner shots almost every single time. Overall, Levin did land the better punches but Marcus' aggression and ending the exchanges with clean kicks really helped him in that fight.

Marcus' style may not be pretty to watch but it's effective and that's what matters. Marcus won this fight tonight. Levin stalled a lot by clinching way too much, but it's understandable because if he didn't clinch as much, he could've been overwhelmed by Marcus' aggression.

The constant clinching really cost Levin the fight in the end and also because he constantly let Marcus get off first. Being pushed backwards for most of the fight and constantly clinching when your opponent is attacking does not look good at all.

Marcus deserved that decision. The majority of people would agree with me. It has nothing to do with the commentary. Am I the only person who doesn't really pay attention to commentators? I don't need someone to tell me what's going on, I pay attention to what's happening in the ring/cage and I miss almost everything the commentators are saying. Almost every time someone talks about a 'Goldy goof', I ended up missing it because I don' really listen to the commentary.

Glory needs to sign Fang Bian so we can see the real champion!

Marcus should've won, this is a kickboxing fight. Levin just threw his left hand and clinched.

Frequently they would each land a knee at the beginning of a clinch and then hold with the ref coming in IMMEDIATELY. They didn't get many chances to actually do anything in those 5 seconds because of the ref was always quickly in to break it.

he let them work more at the beginning until he realised Levin was stalling. If you have a guy initiating the clinch every 10 seconds, often doing nothing even giving him a point deduction it's logical you don't want to wait 5 seconds every damn time and get the fight going.

Also, since when is being active in the clinch exclusive to just throwing knees? That's all clinch fighting is? Both of these guys know how to clinch fight, so of course they're going to have to be more clever and find openings.

most of the time Levin shut down marcus and himself to a position they couldn't do anything.

I'm the last one to complain about questionable decisions in Glory, but I thought Simon got robbed badly. can't understand how you can score this a draw.

cuz 4 rounds were really close and there was a point deduction.

Had it 3-2 for Levin so scored it a draw on my side.

Glory needs to sign Fang Bian so we can see the real champion!

i would pay to watch this fight! also fang bian vs joe schilling would be epic; both guys have beaten kaoklai and so it would be good to see who is really better.

Also they could use the US vs China theme to promote it.

So what exactly is the rule for clinching in Glory? I thought I remembered hearing 5 seconds, but most of the ref, particularly in the main event, were breaking them immediately.

So what exactly is the rule for clinching in Glory? I thought I remembered hearing 5 seconds, but most of the ref, particularly in the main event, were breaking them immediately.

when i watched Glory's events in Tokyo the ref would verbally count 3 seconds in the clinch before breaking them.

i don't know if they've changed the rules since then though.

5 seconds,but most of Ref

You know that it needs some serious money to get Fang Bian from WLF? The kind of serious money that Glory doesn't have/doesn't want to pay for a fighter that won't do anything for them US market wise? It's actually more possible to get Glory fighters to fight him in a Chinese org.

It sure sounds like all you need to have is an US citizenship, enough lbs to pass as a HW and enough skill to walk to the ring and not trip and injure yourself along the way and you have a decent shot at making it on one of those Glory US cards.

You know that it needs some serious money to get Fang Bian from WLF? The kind of serious money that Glory doesn't have/doesn't want to pay for a fighter that won't do anything for them US market wise? It's actually more possible to get Glory fighters to fight him in a Chinese org.

It sure sounds like all you need to have is an US citizenship, enough lbs to pass as a HW and enough skill to walk to the ring and not trip and injure yourself along the way and you have a decent shot at making it on one of those Glory US cards.

you're right, i was just speaking from my own preferences as a fight that i really want to see. both guys claim to fame seem to be 'beating kaoklai'

to be fair USA kickboxing is still not as good as europeans, thais and china. their strength in combat sports seem to be wrestling and MMA under unified rules (which gives favourable advantage to wrestlers)

Just saw the Levin Marcus fight. LOL that Levin was the one complaining before this fight about Marcus winning by clinching.

????

Fluid boxing, nice kicks, nice frontkick. The moments he striked today he looked on point.

Yeah, gotta say that he is adjusting very well to kickboxing rules. I would like to see him fight Schilling.

Parry was right....
l9kgy.jpg

More like 50 seconds

Back