Glory 2016 Calendar

patrourke

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey, I saw on Twitter a couple of hours ago that Kiksie (@KiksieDB) posted a tentative Glory list of events for 2016. After Chicago & Paris were Copenhagen in April, L.A. in May, and others including Manchester. Ten shows in all up to December, with GLORY 36 brand. Next time I looked it was gone. Did anyone grab a copy? I know these things change a lot but it would be good to see.

No worries, I found it via another thread. It's at the end of the GLORY 27 Chicago promo on YouTube.

APRIL G29 Copenhagen
MAY G30 Los Angeles
JUNE G31 Amsterdam
JULY G32 Virginia
AUGUST break
SEPTEMBER G33 Las Vegas
OCTOBER G34 Manchester
NOVEMBER G35 Denver
DECEMBER G36 Amsterdam

That's a lot of Dutch, three in 12 months. Not that I'm complaining.

No worries, I found it via another thread. It's at the end of the GLORY 27 Chicago promo on YouTube.

APRIL G29 Copenhagen
MAY G30 Los Angeles
JUNE G31 Amsterdam
JULY G32 Virginia
AUGUST break
SEPTEMBER G33 Las Vegas
OCTOBER G34 Manchester
NOVEMBER G35 Denver
DECEMBER G36 Amsterdam

Three? It's 2x. Or do you think Copenhagen is a Dutch city?

It'll be great if Glory has that many shows this year.

Gonna be alot more Kickboxing on the go this year with Glory increasing their numbers in events and Bellator Kickboxing starting up in April.

Glad to have it.

It'll be great if Glory has that many shows this year.

Gonna be alot more Kickboxing on the go this year with Glory increasing their numbers in events and Bellator Kickboxing starting up in April.

Glad to have it.
There's also going to be a ridiculous amount of events comin out of China as well. I'm more intrigued by that.

There's also going to be a ridiculous amount of events comin out of China as well. I'm more intrigued by that.
Yeah I try and watch a bit of the Chinese scene too, but it's just not as accessible(then again, not having ESPN means Glory isn't either, but I've already grown a deep love for them), I usually have to ask for streams cuz I can never find them on my own and given the time zone difference sometimes you end up watching fights at like 9 am or I completely forget or don't even realize that they're happening, haha. But you're right, Kunlun is good to watch as well.

Glad to have this sub-forum/community to keep me connected/up to date on the whole scene.

Kunlun will probably have western streams soon enough and WLF will be streamed live on 8 different chinese sites soon too + probably youtube also.

Why does Glory hate NY?!?!??

NY is eye wateringly expensive.

unionized labor makes events staggeringly expensive to put on, venue hire, equipment hire is all premium rate, depending on your venue you have to pay to shut down a back street or side street for your TV truck (madison square doesnt have a lot for you to leave this in, for example), then your hotel bill is also megabucks

it is a pricey place to do a show.

OCTOBER G34 Manchester

heyyyyyyyy

manchester can be a great city to do a fight event, if there is PLENTY of lead in time on the ticket sales. People are paid monthly here and its a blue collar city, people need a couple of months to arrange to take £80 ($150) out of their finances for a show. But we are a great crowd. We turn up, drink a lot and make tons of noise.

We dont have a strong Manchester-based kickboxer at the moment though, so it would need a lot of early local promo, strong headliner and strong undercard, with the undercard put together by people who really know the local market and have a good network of ticket sellers. Not people who try and farm opportunities out to their own guys and friends and abuse the trust placed in them, which is often the case with local promoters.

Last edited:
heyyyyyyyy

manchester can be a great city to do a fight event, if there is PLENTY of lead in time on the ticket sales. People are paid monthly here and its a blue collar city, people need a couple of months to arrange to take £80 ($150) out of their finances for a show. But we are a great crowd. We turn up, drink a lot and make tons of noise.

We dont have a strong Manchester-based kickboxer at the moment though, so it would need a lot of early local promo, strong headliner and strong undercard, with the undercard put together by people who really know the local market and have a good network of ticket sellers. Not people who try and farm opportunities out to their own guys and friends and abuse the trust placed in them, which is often the case with local promoters.
so basically you people from manchester drink and make alot of noise but cant fight for shit

so basically you people from manchester drink and make alot of noise but cant fight for shit

lol no, manchester has a strong boxing pedigree; there's some good boxers coming through now - Anthony Crolla, Scott Quigg, Tyson Fury, Terry Flanagan, Jimmy Kelly Jr. etc - but we dont have a standout kickboxer or thai boxer right now. The guys who used to go into that and do well now go into MMA.

We have some good MMA talent coming out of Manchester also. GLORY should use some guys from certain MMA teams in the area if they want to sell tickets via the undercard. So it's important they have someone who knows the area and doesn't have a vested interest in lining their own pocket or their friends/associates. Tricky.

I'd put Rico on the card to leverage his friendship with Tyson Fury, that would help local PR enormously; Manchester is also a short and cheap flight from Amsterdam and accommodation is not expensive, for any dutch fans who want to come over

I'd try and get Frankie Hudders to rematch Tim Thomas on the undercard, that would move a few tickets.

Some guys on here travel to Glory shows in EU right? Should organize a Manchester meet.

Kunlun will probably have western streams soon enough and WLF will be streamed live on 8 different chinese sites soon too + probably youtube also.

It will be great to have Kunlun streams avialble, I always want to watch them but the best I can even find is like 60 second clips from someone in the corner on their mobile phone posted to social media sites.

lol no, manchester has a strong boxing pedigree; there's some good boxers coming through now - Anthony Crolla, Scott Quigg, Tyson Fury, Terry Flanagan, Jimmy Kelly Jr. etc - but we dont have a standout kickboxer or thai boxer right now. The guys who used to go into that and do well now go into MMA.

We have some good MMA talent coming out of Manchester also. GLORY should use some guys from certain MMA teams in the area if they want to sell tickets via the undercard. So it's important they have someone who knows the area and doesn't have a vested interest in lining their own pocket or their friends/associates. Tricky.

I'd put Rico on the card to leverage his friendship with Tyson Fury, that would help local PR enormously; Manchester is also a short and cheap flight from Amsterdam and accommodation is not expensive, for any dutch fans who want to come over

I'd try and get Frankie Hudders to rematch Tim Thomas on the undercard, that would move a few tickets.

Some guys on here travel to Glory shows in EU right? Should organize a Manchester meet.
I want to meet you there my fellow English friend.

Is Tim Thomas retiring? I know Frankie Hudders has come out of retirement now to fight some Italian guy

^ sure, i will meet you at the airport :D:D

Thomas talked about retiring, Hudders is in and out retirement depending on offers, but it would be a fight which would move tickets for the local undercard, for sure. Most of them would go to frankie and his lunatic supporters from Wythenshawe Estates o_O

Count me in (if there is a Red Light District, plenty of coffeeshops, plus a visit to a museum)

APRIL G29 Copenhagen
MAY G30 Los Angeles
JUNE G31 Amsterdam
JULY G32 Virginia
AUGUST break
SEPTEMBER G33 Las Vegas
OCTOBER G34 Manchester
NOVEMBER G35 Denver
DECEMBER G36 Amsterdam

Must say i'm very impressed by that schedule if they can pull it off. Except for Virginia & Denver, I still don't get why they would go there. But hey whatever. They really got their shit together.

Definitely going to Paris, Copenhagen and Amsterdam

Any interesting 70 kg fights planned?

Back