Glory 12 New York - Full Card (9PM EST DISCUSSION THREAD)

Snubnoze707

High Level
@Steel
Reaction score
Glory Lightweight Tournament

Giorgio Petrosyan vs. Andy Ristie
Robin van Roosmalen vs. Davit Kiria

Glory Lightweight Tournament Reserve Bout

Ky Hollenbeck vs. Shemsi Beqiri

Super Fights

Joe Schillling vs. Wayne Barrett
Jamal Ben Saddik vs. Ben Edwards
Igor Jurkovic vs. Jhonata Diniz
Eddie Walker vs. Francois Ambang
Brian Collette vs. Warren Thompson
Artem Vakhitov vs. Nenad Pagonis
Dustin Jacoby vs. Makoto Uehara

http://www.liverkick.com/index.php?...ing-vs-wayne-barrett&catid=50:glory&Itemid=75

any word on when it's going down?

EDIT: nevrmind, didn't see the other thread... looks like November 9th

This is the most evenly matched up tournament of the year by far. This card will blow shit out of the water.

The P4P kick fighting king is on the cards

exciting to see Ben Edwards, its should be fun fight to watch

Great choice in a main event from Glory. Now they can promote the two best American fighters they have and present the MW division as one to keep an eye on.

Also, Joe is getting smashed.

This is the most evenly matched up tournament of the year by far. This card will blow shit out of the water.

Don't know if i unterstand you correctly, but Petrosyan is the best in that weight division by a mile. He is going to win this.

As a kickboxing fan I both love and hate, that unlike MMA, in kickboxing events, fighters I like fight each other way too often.

As a kickboxing fan I both love and hate, that unlike MMA, in kickboxing events, fighters I like fight each other way too often.

I feel your pain. At least in kinckboxing a loss doesn't derail you nearly as bad as it does in MMA.

Outside of Petrosyan being the clear favorite, and shit who knows maybe we'll see him finally upset, this card is really well balanced, and they are putting together matchups that are helping to define the divisions.

Im glad Glory didn't go the K-1 route and try to just stick together matchups based on name value, and are actually running things like a legit growing sport.

I know that Petroysyan is the favorite but so was Levin, and so was Saki. I think these 4 man tourneys are making it a lot easier for someone to catch a break and pull an upset to win them then we've seen in the past larger tournaments.

I know that Petroysyan is the favorite but so was Levin, and so was Saki. I think these 4 man tourneys are making it a lot easier for someone to catch a break and pull an upset to win them then we've seen in the past larger tournaments.
Lets hope no-one slips ;-)

I agree. I have a mindset from Boxing where if you get one loss on your record or rack up a few people will view you as damaged goods, rack up 6-10+ and they'll view you as a bum. But Kickboxing is conducted very differently what with the tournaments(atleast compared to the UFC), someone has to lose. It doesn't mean a whole lot in comparison. Kickboxers are always fighting the best in their division and have usually fought more than Boxers.

If Petro loses because of a slip I'll be writing an angry letter.
I'm pretty certain folks from Glory browse this forum so any backlash on things they are doing they are aware of. They have made changes in the past based on backlash so hopefully we'll continue to see improvements.

They have to fight atleast 3 times to determine the best! ;-)

I'm pretty certain folks from Glory browse this forum so any backlash on things they are doing they are aware of. They have made changes in the past based on backlash so hopefully we'll continue to see improvements.

Then we need to start making a daily thread about how that flash knock down rule sucks and needs to go. Maybe they'll get the idea.

Back