Globo cancels this year's TUF Brazil edition...

I can't name one fighter from any of the international TUF's.

Hell outside of the 125 lb TUF for the belt I can't name anyone since the Jones/Chael season for regular TUF.

Cesar Mutante, Massaranduba, Daniel Sarafian. hmmmm

The show placement on their programming grid was almost an offense, let's be real.

No worries. Just slap Vitor on a Globo broadcast UFC event in Brazil after he gets back from Stanford and watch the ratings soar.

UFC and Globo made the show into a cheap joke, i tried to watch the first season, but all the fake sales pitches for Acai drinks by the athletes and the poor filming was too much.

UFC hired the cheapest bums to work on that show and probably made a large profit from selling 50% of air time to advertisers. The show was offensive to watch.

not a big loss, the level of talent that came out of it was pretty bad...

Last edited:
Cesar Mutante, Massaranduba, Daniel Sarafian. hmmmm
Well. First season was good. The Second ive started to lost interest. Never watched a single episode of the third.
Also, besides that. There's no more brazilians to put in the card IMO.

Well, if they were not willing to give it a less awful time slot, it would never work. The numbers were actually good for that awful Sunday to Monday past midnight slot. Probably not enough to make much money. Reality shows have been decreasing in audience here too.

The only reason why I feel bad about it is that one of my teammates was willing to give it a shot at the tryouts this year. As for the show itself, I couldn't care less. Awful time slot and some of the worst TUF seasons I've watched so far.

Only watched the first season. I thought it was going to be good and that somehow, Brazil had a lot of talent that had not been discovered yet. I was very wrong. The fighter quality was quite poor though not as bad as the last ~10 seasons in original TUF. I'm guessing that every TUF Brazil season after the first one got worse and worse. If the UFC decides to run another veteran season I would watch it.

I think TUF may have run its course. The last season I really watched was The Smashes, and only because I know Norman Parke a little.

Dipped in an out of the Rousey/Tate season for something different as it was an all female show and caught a few episodes of McGregor/Faber but all in all, no real interest any more.

Well Brazil has no authentic Brazilian champions anymore. Probably just a passing fad like JMMA and UFC in general

Never saw TUF Brazil, but after the 3rd TUF I stopped caring. It's just boring now. With lower production, I imagine it would be even crappier.

I can't name one fighter from any of the international TUF's.

Hell outside of the 125 lb TUF for the belt I can't name anyone since the Jones/Chael season for regular TUF.
Yair Rodriguez is a great Prospect from the TUF Latin America series.

I enjoy TUF and try to keep up with them on TV, but there's no denying that the quality of fighters on the show has declined. That, or the competition in the UFC has just gotten so much better. In earlier seasons, these guys with few fights could get by because the skill level of most of the roster wasn't nearly as high as it is today.

Back