Global Warming

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone here of the opinion that its a myth put fourth by liberals trying to scam us out of our tax dollars.

polar-bear-fail.gif

Yeah! And what about the "theory" of evolution???

Checkmate Atheist.

Nope, but I think it's more of a public works problem than some survival of the species concern.

They might be right but it is still a scam. Expensive "sustainable" energy isn't going to save us if the doomsday scenario is correct.

It amazes me that people don't understand that burning fossil fuels into our atmosphere isn't going to have some kind of negative effect. Then again, people to this day still inhale cigarette smoke directly in their lungs despite overwhelming proof that it causes cancer and other ailments.

The problem with global warming is that people don't know the difference between weather and climate. Also, the big concern is a selfish one because it's mostly about worrying about what it will do to humans.

The planet will get warm, the ice caps will melt, inlands will flood, species will die and the Earth will become a bit more inhospitable to the animal kingdom. The Earth itself however doesn't care and will eventually heal itself and life will begin a new.

LOL @ Senzo Tanaka trying to incite more liberal crocodile tears.

Global warming you say? I live in socal and its been colder than my 870 sitting in the meat locker. 45 degrees Fahrenheit.

LOL @ Senzo Tanaka trying to incite more liberal crocodile tears.

Global warming you say? I live in socal and its been colder than my 870 sitting in the meat locker. 45 degrees Fahrenheit.

I think you just proved his point in his first sentence of the second paragraph of his post.

I'm married to a PhD in environmental science who is a senior scientist at arguably the premiere meteorological institution, certainly where weather and climate are concerned.

I can guarantee you that the very idea that global warming is a scam is totally fucking insane. The evidence is legion. It tracks the industrial revolution. It's basically unarguable by anyone with access to the data. Which I might add is entirely public.

Now the following is just my suspicion, but the push against global warming is quite similar to the push to discredit research into the harm of smoking, perpetrated by big tobacco lobbies/think tanks. The same is happening now with one of our world's largest industrys: oil, protecting their profits by spreading disinformation and playing upon basic human psychology.

Basically people arguing against global warming happening are either ignorant or actively arguing on the basis of self interest and those who insist it is not man made are at best wilfully ignorantly or plain insane.

Hey, what do I know. People largely believe what suits them.

I'm married to a PhD in environmental science who is a senior scientist at arguably the premiere meteorological institution, certainly where weather and climate are concerned.

I can guarantee you that the very idea that global warming is a scam is totally fucking insane. The evidence is legion. It tracks the industrial revolution. It's basically unarguable by anyone with access to the data. Which I might add is entirely public.

Now the following is just my suspicion, but the push against global warming is quite similar to the push to discredit research into the harm of smoking, perpetrated by big tobacco lobbies/think tanks. The same is happening now with one of our world's largest industrys: oil, protecting their profits by spreading disinformation and playing upon basic human psychology.

Basically people arguing against global warming happening are either ignorant or actively arguing on the basis of self interest and those who insist it is not man made are at best wilfully ignorantly or plain insane.

Hey, what do I know. People largely believe what suits them.

You are married to me?

Queer.

Global warming theory predicts temporary local cooling and global pauses in air temperature warming as the seas continue to warm, a MUCH bigger problem.

One prediction of global warming theory is more energy in the system, so greater fluctuations, more extreme weather, unseasonable weather etc.

It's absolutely amazing this is even discussed. A credit to what money can buy.

I think it is more likely that old, rich, white dudes have convinced their poorer, stupider relations that it is a scam so that they can continue to earn profits without paying for the polluting of air and water.

Back