Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - January 2017

I think 2017 Phil Davis can beat DC and Rumble. Ufc really need him back.

Davis has been looking good. He is the top LHW outside UFC right now. I'd like to see him against David Branch. I think fights with DC or Rumble would be good.

I have Foster at 15 who has a recent win over Zeferino. I have Zeferino top 20 at LW. LW division is always stacked but he is a good fighter.

I have Ishiwatari at no. 10. I used the 279 results. I have Okami at no. 10 at WW. Silva I have at top 15 and Ueda had a win since then.

Are you sure? Foster actually got heel hook'd by Zeferino that same night. It was a tournament. Then re-entered as a replacement for injury. Zeferino has just finished Jason High...or you didnt chek this result, or I dont understand your method. He is the #1 LW in wsof and was sheduled to fight Gaethje yesterday

About Pancrase 279...let me say I know you didnt chek those results, as you had Ueda #6, and it didnt change at all after Silva beat him. Silva also beat Henry since then, who is also a better win than Ueda's last win.
Rafael Silva should be, at least, as high as you have Ueda.

Another reason I know you didnt chek them is that you had Okami's fight in DEEP listed as his last fight prior to his fight with Bradley yesterday, nor he got any bump for that win over Suzuki back in the day.

It's not problem, it can perfectly happen, but those results werent cheked

Last edited:
BW rankings way off. Moraes #1. Dantas #2. Caldwell #3. Not even sure Bibiano deserves a top 5 ranking. Ueda doesn't belong in top 10 either.

LW: Folayang #3 for one win = lol. Not to mention, Tynanes already beat him. Sarnavskiy doesn't belong in the top 20, let alone top 10. agreed with above that Gamrot deserves his credit. He is elite at 155.

MW: Khalidov #1 is a joke. Branch and Emeev deserve #1 and #2

LHW: Branch completely overrated

I addressed issues at BW from previous post with Ishiwatari, Ueda, and Silva. Bibi has held top spot since the beginning of the Global-MMA rankings 5 years ago. He has not lost in 6 years and he is ONE FC champ.

Folayang beat long time top 3 LW Aoki and took the ONE FC title which is key criteria for any real ranking system. See the ranking rules in the second post. He earned that spot.

Sarnavskiy has a December win over previous ranked Esenbaev which earned him a spot back into the rankings.

Khalidov has held a top two spot in these rankings for the 5 year existence of these rankings. He also has not lost in 6 years. He is best MW outside UFC but Branch is a good number 2.

Branch is an upper tier LHW outside UFC. I think he deserves the spot over Liam. He holds belts in two divisions as well which is impressive.

Are you sure? Foster actually got heel hook'd by Zeferino that same night. It was a tournament. Then re-entered as a replacement for injury. Zeferino has just finished Jason High...or you didnt chek this result, or I dont understand your method. He is the #1 LW in wsof and was sheduled to fight Gaethje yesterday

About Pancrase 279...let me say I know you didnt chek those results, as you had Ueda #6, and it didnt change at all after Silva beat him. Silva also beat Henry since then, who is also a better win than Ueda's last win.
Rafael Silva should be, at least, as high as you have Ueda.

Another reason I know you didnt chek them is that you have Okami's fight in DEEP listed as his last fight prior to his fight with Bradley yesterday, nor he got any bump for that win over Suzuki back in the day.

It's not problem, it can perfectly happen, but you know it werent cheked

The key is, Foster has last win over him which was recent. I saw both fights. I also saw Zeferino fight with Jason High which was good. I know, it is too bad he got hurt for that title fight. Gathje/Firmo was a great one yesterday though.

I checked the Pancrase 279 results. The only issue, I had Ueda above Silva. I addressed that issue and now have Ishiwatari over Silva over Ueda. Thanks for pointing this out.

Okami won his fight yesterday and is at top 10 at WW.

Thanks for the comments.

I'd put Dantas at 1 since he's f ighting other ranked fighters. Bibi/Moraes arent fighting anyone.

if Dantas beats Caldwell there wont be any debate who the top BW outside UFC is.

I'd put Dantas at 1 since he's f ighting other ranked fighters. Bibi/Moraes arent fighting anyone.

if Dantas beats Caldwell there wont be any debate who the top BW outside UFC is.

I agree that Dantas is fighting really good competition and other ranked fighters. However, Moraes and Bibi are also fighting real solid competition but I cannot get everyone from all the divisions into the rankings so that also has to be taken into consideration. You make a good point, there are just other factors to consider.

I wouldnt call most of the guys Moraes and Bibi fight real solid competition.

Neither guy are fighting top 25 fighters.

Atleast Warren and Galvao are top 25 fighters and so is Caldwell.

Moraes and Bibi fight guys who dont even have wiki pages.

I wouldnt call most of the guys Moraes and Bibi fight real solid competition.

Neither guy are fighting top 25 fighters.

Atleast Warren and Galvao are top 25 fighters and so is Caldwell.

Moraes and Bibi fight guys who dont even have wiki pages.

Their competition is legit and solid just not as well known. There are tons of fighters around the world so there are many solid fighters that have just not gained the popularity. Having said that, Dantas is taking on ranked fighters so depending on how he does in his upcoming fight(s) he may move up to number 2 or 1 in the future.

Once Caldwell beats dantas he should be moved to number one without reservation.

Once Caldwell beats dantas he should be moved to number one without reservation.

That's a lot of confidence in Caldwell. His fight with Dantas should be a good one. I think Dantas might take him out though.

Makes no sense.
Fedor is # 3 with win over Jaideep and basically a loss to Maldonado, while Cro Cop won 4 fights in 3 months and RIZIN Grand Prix and is # 7.

Makes no sense.
Fedor is # 3 with win over Jaideep and basically a loss to Maldonado, while Cro Cop won 4 fights in 3 months and RIZIN Grand Prix and is # 7.

Fedor has a past win over Cro Cop and was always seen as the better fighter. Fedor went nearly 10 years unbeaten against the best fighters of his era then retired and came back with two wins. His first fight back was a tune-up fight after a very long layoff, like any other fighter would do. His next fight was against a better fighter in Maldonado. I scored the fight as a draw but the judges scored it as a win so it is a win. He has an upcoming fight against Mitrione which will show if he should keep the number 3 spot. Cro Cop moved really quick up the ranks. He went from un-ranked to number 7 based on the 3 impressive wins over two days in December which is a fast track.

Imo Mirko should be higher and in 2017 he will Ko Fedor if they fight, a lot more left in the gas tank.Shawn Jordan should be ranked also.

Marlon moraes is the #1 guy for sure, bibiano looked old in his last win against another low level opponent.

After that horrible mamed khalidov win in his last fight, David branch should be ahead of him.

Smealinho Rama with his first Lhw bout is a good talent for the division.

Jake shields should be out of the top 10' 2 straight losses in a 15 month period.

Imo Mirko should be higher and in 2017 he will Ko Fedor if they fight, a lot more left in the gas tank.Shawn Jordan should be ranked also.

Marlon moraes is the #1 guy for sure, bibiano looked old in his last win against another low level opponent.

After that horrible mamed khalidov win in his last fight, David branch should be ahead of him.

Smealinho Rama with his first Lhw bout is a good talent for the division.

Jake shields should be out of the top 10' 2 straight losses in a 15 month period.

I was thinking of moving Mirko to 6 originally but 7 seemed right to me because he was previously unranked. I could see an argument being made for Mirko to be 5, 6, 7, or 8.

I would have Jordan in here but HW recently got 3 new additions with Cro Cop, GDS, and Rodriguez as they beat ranked fighters and won GPs.

I did consider making Moraes no. 1 after his most recent win. One more and I will prob. give him the top spot. It's just hard to take away from Bibi after being unbeaten for so many years at this level.

I think Khalidov still deserves the top spot. One sub-par showing after all these years doesn't affect that much since he did get the win. I hope they can get a real solid opponent for his upcoming fight at the 60,000 attendance stadium.

Rama's win this weekend at 205 was very impressive. I like him at this new weight class. He looks better here and seemed to be in great shape.

Shields has been a bit inactive but his losses were against top guys. You have a good point though. He may drop out of the top 10 soon.

Some good comments!

Bellator bias here is blatant. Like 50% of your top ten is filled with BFC. At the same time, wsof, which is not that far from Bellator in terms of top competition. is severely misstreated, out of their champions. You barelly have any wsof contender highly ranked, they are too low, like #10-15.

You must be a JMMA fanboy as well.
How the fuck is Cruickshank (awful record recently without big wins) over Zeferino and Foster, who are coming from big finishes?? How is he even ranked actually?
How is Moldavsky, who I agree is a interesting prospect and will be a force, over Rama or Gamzatov at this point?
The obious answer is you seem to like Rizin over wsof way too much. Which is fine, but this is supposed to be objective.

Last edited:
Fedor has a past win over Cro Cop and was always seen as the better fighter. Fedor went nearly 10 years unbeaten against the best fighters of his era then retired and came back with two wins. His first fight back was a tune-up fight after a very long layoff, like any other fighter would do. His next fight was against a better fighter in Maldonado. I scored the fight as a draw but the judges scored it as a win so it is a win. He has an upcoming fight against Mitrione which will show if he should keep the number 3 spot. Cro Cop moved really quick up the ranks. He went from un-ranked to number 7 based on the 3 impressive wins over two days in December which is a fast track.
I am sorry, but that makes no sense...Cro Cop is simply more convincing fighter today, better if you will and achieved much better results over much better competition in last few years...he has earned every.right to be ahead of Fedor...if we are going by your logic then why not Fedor at #1...CC really deserves to be atleast #3 on that list...

I am sorry, but that makes no sense...Cro Cop is simply more convincing fighter today, better if you will and achieved much better results over much better competition in last few years...he has earned every.right to be ahead of Fedor...if we are going by your logic then why not Fedor at #1...CC really deserves to be atleast #3 on that list...

I disagree with some things of this rankings but we have to agree that the Fedor/CC thing is really hard to rate objectively. I would definitely rank CroCop in top 5 though, over Kongo and Ayala, after this tournament, which include KOing Mo
Over Fedor...he is the goat you know. Also its seems CDF47 is a huge fan of him lol

Fedor and Askren's rankings are ridiculous. Recent wins should carry way more weight than wins that are years old. Fedor shouldn't even be ranked at this point.

What would possibly make you think I am a Fedor fan? LOL

Actually, we had a vote at G-MMA for the original Fedor ranking position prior to his return since it was a unique situation based on the return of the MMA GOAT. He was voted number 1. Since then he was passed up and dropped to number 3. We will see how he looks against Mitrione here soon.

16 fighters are from WSOF, which is only second to Bellator. Bellator has the bigger more established roster which has been around since the beginning of these rankings. WSOF did not even exist when these rankings were originally created 5 years ago and now they have 16 fighters ranked.

Back