Global Economic Collapse

The current path is unsustainable. Something has got to give. Banking institutions operating with zero integrity (not to mention the corrupt fed), and a massive national debt...you do the math. My feelings are that this is just a "taste" of what is to come.

If you constantly predict doom, which you do, you're going to be right once in a while. Broken clocks and all. Unless you have a reason (and no, 'angry Jesus' doesn't count) for why you think something bad is going to happen at some specific time, you're no different than a crazy homeless guy ranting about the end of the world.

Yeah, not too long ago, you were ridiculing me for saying something will happen. And now, you admit that I may have been right. And I admit the jury is still out. I just think there are some real tough times ahead of us.

You are frustrating..:icon_evil

Seriously, though, if people are saying there's been no improvement since 2009, WTF metrics are they looking at? And how can anyone support the idea that "letting the economy adjust on its" own works given the massive failure of austerity since the crisis and the obvious success of stimulus? It's only a refusal to accept contrary evidence ("derpery") that leads to people saying that at this point.

Seriously, though, if people are saying there's been no improvement since 2009, WTF metrics are they looking at? And how can anyone support the idea that "letting the economy adjust on its" own works given the massive failure of austerity since the crisis and the obvious success of stimulus? It's only a refusal to accept contrary evidence ("derpery") that leads to people saying that at this point.

Except the derpery is from you. Ireland engaged in austerity right after the 2008 recession, and they've been having growth since 2010. Hell even Greece was showing signs of recovery before Tsipras came to power. You do know markets have cycles right? A market that requires continues stimulus to remain high is sustainable to you?

You are frustrating..:icon_evil
That's the MO of this self declared intellectual. Ask for sources then say your sources are frauds.

I'm just pissed my AAPL is tanking. WTF man.. Most profitable company in the history of ever and they are still tanking?

That's the MO of this self declared intellectual. Ask for sources then say your sources are frauds.

Seriously. I thought that it was common knowledge that we have been slowly and steadily heading for trouble for years now..

Seriously. I thought that it was common knowledge that we have been slowly and steadily heading for trouble for years now..

Even if you don't believe any of the predictions, there were plenty of evidence for a global recession. Demands for oil is increasingly dropping, with producers in US and Canada being pounded with less than $40 per barrel prices. You have sluggish figures from China and at least two quarters of recession from Japan. In addition you have the Eurozone crisis triggered by Greece. Bad news on three major continents and it really didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Yeah, not too long ago, you were ridiculing me for saying something will happen. And now, you admit that I may have been right. And I admit the jury is still out. I just think there are some real tough times ahead of us.

No, I don't admit you're right. I absolutely don't. I'm still ridiculing you because any negative event vindicates your position because it's so absurdly general. 'At some point in the future something bad will happen'. No shit Sherlock. You don't say. I don't take your silly fear mongering seriously, and unless you start being more specific about when and what bad is going to happen I'll continue to ridicule you for it. Of course there are some tough times ahead. After that will be some good times. Then more tough. Then more good. Almost as if that's the way of the world, without any intercession from angry Jesus. You're going to end up with a lot of ammo and no retirement fund Rip.

Except the derpery is from you. Ireland engaged in austerity right after the 2008 recession, and they've been having growth since 2010. Hell even Greece was showing signs of recovery before Tsipras came to power. You do know markets have cycles right? A market that requires continues stimulus to remain high is sustainable to you?

I tried to look up the one guy Michael Snyder and he doesn't really have any credentials that make him an authority figure on the subject.

Looks liek he's just some lawyer who'd work history can't be found that started blog about the end of the world.

No, I don't admit you're right. I absolutely don't. I'm still ridiculing you because any negative event vindicates your position because it's so absurdly general.

I'm not that big into Bible prophecy because it seems like it's extremely open to interpretation, but there are those who are adamant about specific events, e.g. the fall of Syria. Usually it's the case that others just parrot the prediction without understanding much about it, but I still think it's pretty interesting, regardless of your meta-beliefs, but if you are looking for specifics, you can find them if you look. Whether or not they are actually right is another conversation.

Even if you don't believe any of the predictions, there were plenty of evidence for a global recession. Demands for oil is increasingly dropping, with producers in US and Canada being pounded with less than $40 per barrel prices. You have sluggish figures from China and at least two quarters of recession from Japan. In addition you have the Eurozone crisis triggered by Greece. Bad news on three major continents and it really didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

I don't know the degree to which Greece will hurt Europe, most of the big banks are largely divested of Greek debt at this point. And China is still mostly an exporter (as is Japan), so slowdowns in their markets won't have a huge demand shock like if there was a recession in the US or Europe. I do think the US stock market, especially the NASDAQ, is probably way overvalued right now, and that correction will be painful. But bottom line I just don't see a huge drop in international demand for goods and services that would cause another broad recession. Oil is a pretty idiosyncratic commodity here because it is one thing China imports a ton of, so oil producers and refiners will be hurt for sure. But US growth is not bad, and the Eurozone outside of Greece, Spain, and Portugal isn't too bad either so while I can see some pain I don't think we're anywhere near 2008 levels of economic danger here.

I'm not that big into Bible prophecy because it seems like it's extremely open to interpretation, but there are those who are adamant about specific events, e.g. the fall of Syria. Usually it's the case that others just parrot the prediction without understanding much about it, but I still think it's pretty interesting, regardless of your meta-beliefs, but if you are looking for specifics, you can find them if you look. Whether or not they are actually right is another conversation.

Let's say the bible did have a prophesy related to the fall of Syria. The bible is literally thousands of years old. How many regimes has Syria had since the first books of the bible were written? Given a long enough time horizon, almost anything will happen that is close enough to a prophesy to 'fulfill' it.

You know what prophesies I like? Mayan ones. 2012, world will end. Easy to measure, no BS. The world is still here, the prophesy was wrong. Period. No unlimited prophetical Barnum statements. Show me a specific biblical prophesy that clearly relates to a certain event happening in a relatively limited time horizon, and I'll check it if I'm around when the time to comes for it to come true. I don't know that there are any. Christians have been predicting the imminent return of Jesus since a few years after his death...in general your track record is not good.

No, I don't admit you're right. I absolutely don't. I'm still ridiculing you because any negative event vindicates your position because it's so absurdly general. 'At some point in the future something bad will happen'. No shit Sherlock. You don't say. I don't take your silly fear mongering seriously, and unless you start being more specific about when and what bad is going to happen I'll continue to ridicule you for it. Of course there are some tough times ahead. After that will be some good times. Then more tough. Then more good. Almost as if that's the way of the world, without any intercession from angry Jesus. You're going to end up with a lot of ammo and no retirement fund Rip.

You said I was right like a broken clock. So you made it seem as if you think I could be getting it right here if there are major financial problems in the near future.

By the way, Denver is supposed to be the new capital of this country when the SHTF. Have you seen the murals that are painted in the Denver airport with dead childrens bodies and suffering predicted? That would be a good thread to start.

Let's say the bible did have a prophesy related to the fall of Syria. The bible is literally thousands of years old. How many regimes has Syria had since the first books of the bible were written? Given a long enough time horizon, almost anything will happen that is close enough to a prophesy to 'fulfill' it.

You know what prophesies I like? Mayan ones. 2012, world will end. Easy to measure, no BS. The world is still here, the prophesy was wrong. Period. No unlimited prophetical Barnum statements. Show me a specific biblical prophesy that clearly relates to a certain event happening in a relatively limited time horizon, and I'll check it if I'm around when the time to comes for it to come true. I don't know that there are any. Christians have been predicting the imminent return of Jesus since a few years after his death...in general your track record is not good.

My track records is a perfect 0 and 0.

As for Syria, I think predicting it's a annihilation, the capital specifically, would be a feat. Mathematically speaking, it's not easy to point to a city that will be destroyed. Even the collapse of certain empires didn't see the cities destroyed, they were simply dismantled over time, their borders erased, their name changed, but not annihilated.

I think a more interesting question is if it happens, does it become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You said I was right like a broken clock. So you made it seem as if you think I could be getting it right here if there are major financial problems in the near future.

By the way, Denver is supposed to be the new capital of this country when the SHTF. Have you seen the murals that are painted in the Denver airport with dead childrens bodies and suffering predicted? That would be a good thread to start.

Broken clocks aren't actually right in any meaningful sense, as they're not really measuring anything. You're exactly the same. I think you're 'right' in the sense that bad things happen periodically and you predict bad things all the time. But without specifics, you're not making any statements any more useful for prediction than a broken clock is helping people tell time.

I have seen the murals, I fly a lot. There's a lot more CT surrounding the Denver airport which I have no doubt you'd instantly believe in if you looked it up. The murals are pretty creepy, but they're mostly about the artist's hope for the death of violent authoritarian governments in Latin America.

The horse is much scarier.

6091198116_dd867f5f09_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back