Glilbery Melendez commentary skillz

Edmond Rousey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
When I first saw him doing Fox commentary some events ago, I didn't realize how good he was. But he's been consistently spot on. I'm impressed. He matches Cruz as an analyst and has a bright, energetic personality to go with it. His style is a contrast to everyone else's.

Sherdog agree or disagree?

tumblr_m6931mkXlC1qic19lo1_1280.jpg

I just always trip out on the dynamics of the Scrap Pack. Nick and Nate seem to be on this whole other page compared to Jake and Gilbert, personality wise. It just seems like they'd be kinda awkward in a social situation, if they were all together.

agreed until he wouldnt admit pearson won that fight.

He's alright until he tries to say the word stylisticly. (Spelling)

I think Cruz is excellent and the best at breaking down every aspect of it. You can tell he misses the cage because he gets really into it. Melendez is okay to.

Dominick Cruz is head and shoulders above all the fighters behind the desk.

Gil thought that Diego won. I'm a big fan of his, but wtf man

I like Gilbert as a commentator but he doesn't know how to score fights or he felt like he had to show some love to his last opponent/guy who shared the same heritage as him.

they need people that are willing to give an honest opinion. tonight made me realize how much of an act the entire thing is. all 3 of them beat around the bush on the issue until bisping finally couldn't take it anymore. time for the ufc to separate themselves from the pre and post shows. have fox hire people that aren't afraid to get fired because of comments. mma journalist and retired fighters would make for a less generic (wwe like) show

I think him and Cruz both work well together, they should alternate analysts teams between Cormier/Stann and Cruz/ Melendez every other event.

Cruz is the best. Bisping isn't that bad either but a little to personal at times like Chael is.

Like many people have already Cruz is really good. I find him to be the most enjoyable when breaking down fights... But Gil surprised me and he's very good at it to. I'd love to see them do more work together.

they need people that are willing to give an honest opinion. tonight made me realize how much of an act the entire thing is. all 3 of them beat around the bush on the issue until bisping finally couldn't take it anymore. time for the ufc to separate themselves from the pre and post shows. have fox hire people that aren't afraid to get fired because of comments. mma journalist and retired fighters would make for a less generic (wwe like) show

+1

Best post I've read all day. Bisping basically snapped. It was well deserved considering the severity of the robbery. I don't like Bisping, I'm not the biggest Pearson fan in the world, and I like Sanchez a whole hell of a lot more than I like those two guys combined, but the decision was bullshit and something needed to be bluntly stated about it. So I'm glad it was.

That said Melendez does a fine job. My favorite to be honest. Cruz would be my favorite, but I can't handle his voice. I don't know why, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back