Gleison Tibau vs Abel Trujillo overturned to loss for Tibau!

I disagree with this. I believe the fighter who tested positive should have to forfeit his entire pay over to the other fighter and the result should be a NC. Unless the guy who didn't cheat won the fight.
He won by fighting clean.

yo
I'm 100% in support of this.

Fighters need to know that absolutely nothing positive will come from using PEDs.

Two year minimum suspension
Win bonus forfeited
Performance/fight of the night bonus forfeited
Win converted to a loss

The "loser" should

Get his win bonus
Get his loss converted to a win
Get his opponent's share of the fight of the night bonus
Get the title shot if it were a title eliminator (Jacare should have gotten the title shot)

PED users are poser ass fake fighters.
Your avatar would disagree.

Im still surprised this hasnt happened sooner like jacare shouldve got the W and rematch luke right now not weidman

...I for one am really gonna miss Gleison "King of the Preliminary card" Tibau.

How can a guy lose after winning? That's the most retarded thing ever.

Call it a NC if you must. The same as Hammil won the Jones fight. That's beyond retarded.

That's stupid. Take away his money, take away his win, take away his right to fight - all those are okay. Give the other guy the win? No thanks.

Punish the cheater, don't reward the other guy. It's not a lottery ticket.

Yes we know.

About six hours ago

In the other thread
This is a very busy forum with an international user base (it's pretty obvious what effect the different time zones have), so it really doesn't make much sense to complain about that a topic comes up more than once unless it's being reposted excessively.

That's stupid. Take away his money, take away his win, take away his right to fight - all those are okay. Give the other guy the win? No thanks.

Punish the cheater, don't reward the other guy. It's not a lottery ticket.
With your "okay" actions you're still punishing the clean fighter since he had to fight a cheating fighter in order to try to get his win bonus. I'm fine with disqualifying the cheater.

I disagree with this. A NC means we don't know what would have happened, and is applicable here. A win for Trujillo makes no sense, nor does a loss for Tibau.

Not loving this.

I don't think a fighter should get the "W" unless he actually wins the fight.

I do think he should get the win bonus, as he trained his ass off and his opponent cheated to keep it from him.

People who aren't fine with the W given, are you against DQ's in general? Those transition into wins without the fighter winning on his own, and we don't know how a fight would have gone without those transgressions. There's not really anything unique with the Tibau scenario, other than it's decided a bit later.

With your "okay" actions you're still punishing the clean fighter since he had to fight a cheating fighter in order to try to get his win bonus. I'm fine with disqualifying the cheater.

That's not 'punishment', that's circumstance. Giving a guy who lost a fight a win is unacceptable.

That's not 'punishment', that's circumstance. Giving a guy who lost a fight a win is unacceptable.
Of course it's punishment. He had to try to win against a fighter that was enhanced by PEDs. You're punishing him with accepting that he had a lower chance to win, so he only ended up with a fight that didn't mean anything and a bigger risk of being injured.

Your argument speaks against disqualifications in general, which I don't agree with.

I like it. You did PEDs, so fuck you we're going to overturn your win.

Plus, that stoppage was BS.

The stoppage was terrible and needed to be turned to a NC anyway.

Back