Gleison Tibau to compete on Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3 undercard

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/...huck-liddell-vs-tito-ortiz-undercard-mma-news

With plans for Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 to be exclusively an MMA-only event, it’s time for De La Hoya and team to assemble the rest of the card, and it looks like they’ve found their first fighter. UFC lightweight veteran Gleison Tibau confirmed to MMA Fighting that he’ll be competing on the November 24th pay-per-view.

“It’s going to be a great show,” Tibau said. “I’m still feeling weird after more than a decade in the UFC. Everything is so new after years under the UFC brand, inside that Octagon. It’s a new life now, a new cage, a new division. Everything is new. I can’t wait to show I still have it.”

giphy.gif
Yeah that makes me really wanna buy this thing now

Tell you what, they throw on some fun fights and no wmma, why the fuck not. I’ve spent $60 on worse.

It’s a new life now, a new cage, a new division. Everything is new. I can’t wait to show I still have it.”

So it is going to be a cage, not a ring? Is Tibau burying the lead or just saying “new cage” to mean “new promotion”?

Tibau is actually pretty top tier even if you dont like him. Not a bad sign that they're going for real talent.

Wait so the media judge the fight now?

Khabib got a win bonus, Tibau didn't, Khabib registered a win on his record, Tibau did not.

Literally no one even believes that Tibau won. It's just the only time Khabib wasn't dominant.
I guess Adelaide Byrd is a better judge than the people on sherdog in your opinion

I had Tibau winning. Shogun was 2-0 against Machida too.

for doing what? He landed like 2 good punches the whole fight while moving backwards for the majority of the fight. Neither did that much but Khabib was aggressively trying to fight, Tibau was defending.

for doing what? He landed like 2 good punches the whole fight while moving backwards for the majority of the fight. Neither did that much but Khabib was aggressively trying to fight, Tibau was defending.
Khabib was too aggressive with his non-existent takedown game and settled for hugging/pinning against the cage. In fact, I won't be surprised if this was his intention the whole fight. And for a guy defending the whole fight, he outlanded Khabib. Good day.

hopefully hes back on the juice so he can grapple and bully mfs to death

Back