Media Gleison Tibau Bless

WSOF/PFL brought in Pettis, RoryMac, and Werdum, and not one has panned out so far. I guess it maybe makes WSOF / PFL more legit ("our guys can beat UFC guys"), but they must have paid a lot of money for them. And Tibau's not really a "PFL guy" (like Pitbull is legit a "Bellator guy").

I watched the fight. it was boring. but the decision was wrong.

WSOF/PFL brought in Pettis, RoryMac, and Werdum, and not one has panned out so far. I guess it maybe makes WSOF / PFL more legit ("our guys can beat UFC guys"), but they must have paid a lot of money for them

Werdum has only had one fight with them, a no contest. Rory just lost controversially to another former "UFC guy" in Tibau. Pettis has also only lost once in the PFL to an ex "UFC guy".

God he’s so juiced
511b13c6136fc.png

Wrong decision, imo. Rory won the fight.

But Rory did poke Tibau in the eye's twice, surprised no point was taken.

Wasn't a bad fight. Not upset at the decision, even though I thought Rory won.
*like* Yeah exactly I'm just not raging on this one...

Reactions: TCE
Haven't watched the fight but I remember nick Diaz piecing up gleison back in the day.

I watched the fight. it was boring. but the decision was wrong.

Lol, there was no way that fight with Rory vs Tibau was going to be exciting. lol

Tibau has now fought to 9 split decisions, and won 7 of them. Is there anyone who can beat him on that? Even Travis Fulton with 320 professional fights only has 3 split decisions.

Werdum has only had one fight with them, a no contest. Rory just lost controversially to another former "UFC guy" in Tibau. Pettis has also only lost once in the PFL to an ex "UFC guy".
Yes, and now Werdum is out indefinitely, and I honestly don't think Pettis is winning the tourney. WSOF gave us Moraes and Gaethje, but PFL now seems to be in a Bellator mode of getting over-the-hill UFC guys to try and get viewers to tune in. I admit that Kayla Harrison is a legit PFL prospect, but other than her, they have not produced a notable fighter in a few years.

I like their tourney / points format a lot, and I appreciate the workmanship of dudes like Schulte, Palmer, and Cooper. I really do hope PFL succeeds, and I do realize that in order to do so, they need to have a few "name" fighters to bring in viewers - I just don't want them to go all the way Bellator with it.

Tibau can now add the Red King to his illustrious resume:
- Thiago Alves
- Adriano Martins
- Jeremy Stephens
- Caol Uno
- RDA
- Trinaldo
- Varner
- Pat Healy
- Norman Parke
- Will Brooks
- Rory Macdonald

Norman Parke ? Really ?

Yes, and now Werdum is out indefinitely, and I honestly don't think Pettis is winning the tourney. WSOF gave us Moraes and Gaethje, but PFL now seems to be in a Bellator mode of getting over-the-hill UFC guys to try and get viewers to tune in. I admit that Kayla Harrison is a legit PFL prospect, but other than her, they have not produced a notable fighter in a few years.

I like their tourney / points format a lot, and I appreciate the workmanship of dudes like Schulte, Palmer, and Cooper. I really do hope PFL succeeds, and I do realize that in order to do so, they need to have a few "name" fighters to bring in viewers - I just don't want them to go all the way Bellator with it.

I agree with you 100%.

Gaethje, Marlon and Branch was their homegrown, but UFC has two of them now (Branch got USAD'd). They have great fighters, they just need to promote them better.

Being on the same channel as UFC is a great move by them. But when they keep putting a Lance Palmer down our throats, it's getting boring quickly.

Sorry, he's one of the most boring fighters I've ever seen, and he's won this thing twice for the 1mill.

Khabib lost to Tibau, and then since that fight has only fought strikers that he could control on the ground. He's not as dominant as people think, he just cherrypicked the latter half of his career very carefully to avoid anyone that could test him in grappling.

Back