Glancing hook elbow combo

JohnPJones

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Something I dont think I’ve seen, but has anyone ever seen a fighter throw a hook that’s a bit short and only glances the opponent to follow up with the elbow immediately afterwards?
And have you seen it done as an intentional combo rather than an accidental combo?

So basically what Tyson used to do? Allegedly...

I've seen it in films and TV, but not in person

What I have seen a few times is someone going for a spinning backfist, the other guy being so excited and rushes to jam only to have it end up as a spinning elbow

Obligatory video of Freddie Roach teaching you to cheat
Start at :45

nah he wasted his career on some unknown phillipian politician

I think he competed a long time ago but it clearly had very little effect on him

This post reminded me of Jon Jones's favorite Bible passage...Philippines 4:13.

<JonesLaugh>

You post a lot.....for someone who doesn't know who the fuck Freddie Roach is.

Maybe stay away from endless opinions and do some fighting arts research for 10 years....
don’t need to know every boxing coach in the world to have deep knowledge of other striking arts, or have experience fighting.

If you don’t know Ian Abernathy or John roseberry maybe you should do some fighting and research for 10 years.

Last edited:
don’t need to know every boxing coach in the world to have deep knowledge of other striking arts, or have experience fighting.

If you don’t know Ian Abernathy or John roseberry maybe you should do some fighting and research for 10 years.
*Iain Abernethy

Back