Glad to see Soa Palelei in the top 15

Damn, he hasn't, has he?
Huh.
Yeah, I find that hard not to respect, too.
Yep. If you care at all, I recently tried to find other fighters who have a similar record, and thus far I've dug up Rafael Feijao (12-0 in finishes), Lavar Johnson (18-0 in finishes), and Brandon Thatch (11-0 in finishes).

The king of 'em all would be Gilbert Yvel with 38 wins all by form of knockout or submission, and perhaps more impressively, only two of those are TKOs via cut (Lee Hasdell) or limb injury (Valentijn Overeem).

Lauzon woulda been up there too if it weren't for Mac Danzig.

I don't think he'll go too far, he's old and probably incapable of getting takedowns on any serious HW. I find it hard not to respect a fighter who's never won by decision though.

He's thrown out the hook

Well, his G'n'P from mount is quite terrifying but it's still unclear how good this takedowns are against better competition. He won his third UFC fight in a row and, at heavyweight, it means he'll probably get a shot at better competition next.

Yep. If you care at all, I recently tried to find other fighters who have a similar record, and thus far I've dug up Rafael Feijao (12-0 in finishes), Lavar Johnson (18-0 in finishes), and Brandon Thatch (11-0 in finishes).

The king of 'em all would be Gilbert Yvel with 38 wins all by form of knockout or submission, and perhaps more impressively, only two of those are TKOs via cut (Lee Hasdell) or limb injury (Valentijn Overeem).

Lauzon woulda been up there too if it weren't for Mac Danzig.

What about Manhoef? 28 wins 26 by knock out.

Mir would be hanging on to that leglock.. getting smashed to peices while doing it... one shot, thats all it would take...

Awesome seeing all this talk about Soa. He's earned this

Is the ref checking Soa's gloves properly before his fights? Dude KOd Barry and Potts with what looked like nothing punches. It's like the guy's got horseshoes in his gloves or something, just taps ppl and they go out. Crazy power in his GNP.

IMO he's top 5 now.

Cannot tell if you are serious or not, but no way is he top 5 right now. Or top 10.

If his conditioning is vastly improved from the Krylov fight then he could go a bit further, but it really is hard to see him as any sort of serious title threat.

I'm glad he's getting some recognition.

Don't underestimate him guys, he's the biggest HW on the roster right now, and he has good grappling and huge power.

I'd like to see him against someone like Rothwell or even Bigfoot. Seeing how weak is the HW division right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he reaches the top 10 by the end of the year.

I'm glad he's getting some recognition.

Don't underestimate him guys, he's the biggest HW on the roster right now, and he has good grappling and huge power.

I'd like to see him against someone like Rothwell or even Bigfoot. Seeing how weak is the HW division right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he reaches the top 10 by the end of the year.

Given that BF is coming of a loss and a draw (I think) Soa is probably a really good fight for him right now. I don't believe Soa would beat him, but it would be fun to watch. How much longer is BF suspended for, again?

This guy is a straight up beast, if he improves his cardio he could seriously be top 5 in my opinion. In the current UFC top ten I think that he beats Mir, Hunt, Overeem, Barnett, Browne and possibly Bigfoot and Big Country. He would have trouble certainly with Cain, Werdum, and Stipe, and JDS. Because they are all younger, more athletic and have better cardio. Hope he goes far in the heavyweight division.

I see all of those fighters, even throwing in Schaub, Struve, Arlovski, Gonzaga, making easy work of him. And putting Stipe in there with 3 of the best HW is bananas. They have been putting him in with fairly light HW's; two debutants and Pat freaking Barry who has been getting knocked out by everyone. Put it in perspective, my man.

Last edited:
LOL

MMA has evolved so much that a guy who couldn't beat Eddie Sanchez is top 15. I've been saying it for a while, the HW division is at its worst ever. Buncha super old guys all way past their prime.

Over-rated! He will be lucky to break top 10.

"He wants to get in close to use that reach advantage"~Mike Goldberg

HW MMA is sad. So is HW Boxing for that matter. HW Kickboxing on the other hand rocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back