Giving Oly Lifting a Try!

How much do you pay to lift there? I assume you're just lifting and not doing the classes?

Nope, not doing the classes. Though they do have oly technique classes. Maybe I should look into that. I Dunno.

It'll cost me 200 DKK / month. According to google that's 30 dollars / month. About the same it would cost me at a commerciel gym. for 7.5 $ extra monthly I'll be able to take their classes oly lifting classes.

First I have to heal my hip flexor though and actually take a look at the gym in person and not just on the internet. But so far it looks good! plus, it's only a 10-15 minute bike ride away from my house and they have long open hours.

Did snatch and C&J work.

Front foot needs to go longer forward on jerks. big step forward and a bit out.

On snatch turn feet a bit out in starting position.

Deadlift:
60x3
100x3
130x1
150x3 x 3 sets.
150x1 +F
140xF - Planned on doing 140x5 x sets. but that wasn't happening. A mental mistake more than anything i think as my head wasn't in it. I hate deadlifting.

Pullups:
Vestx7 x 5 sets. - Think the vest weighs 10kg, but dunno.

Hang Power Cleans:
50x2 x 5 sets. - Done in between Pullups. Just fucking around. Left hip flexor had no pain, though at times i felt a reaction for a lack of better word. May just be something I imagine. My right foot has an annoying habit of shooting out to the right and backwards when catching the bar. Much technique work to be done.

Ab rollouts:
BWx8 x 3 sets.
BWx10

Facepulls:
10x15 x 4 sets. - Don't know if these are lbs or kg. Second thing on the stack.

Notes:
- I'll buy my adipowers late february / early march.
- Just devoured a bag of chocolate cookies with caramel. Tasted as delicious as it sounds. Haven't had any dinner this evening though.
- No me gustan Deadlifts.
- Had a panic attack at school out of the fucking blue. Weird.

17.10.2015:

Snatch:
blah. Technique felt a bit more on point today. Staying on the midfoot through the whole lift is still what my focus main. It's also good to visualize the lift beforehand and then really focusing, ionstad of just lifting.

Jerks.
Blah.

Squat:
20 x 5
70 x 5
83 x 4
96 x 3 x 2
110 x 3 x 2
117 x 2 x 3
110 x 3 x 3

Notes:
- My brain feels like mush and my body feels rotten.

[YT]PntuUdl0CkA[/YT]

03.02.2015:

Hang Power Cleans:
40x3 x 3 sets. - Working on not being a tard.

Press: (Hang Power Clean to get it up)
50x2
55x3 x 5 sets.
55x2
50x4 x 4 sets.
50x3
40x8.

Notes:
- Played around with one-legged squat and light front squats and whatnot in between sets. Not really any pain, still there's the "reaction" or a feeling where it used to hurt.
- That stabbing myself in the stomach thing is awesome and seems to be helping.

19.10.2015:

Squats:
20 x 5
60 x 3
70 x 5
83 x 4
96 x 3 x 2
110 x 3 x 2
117 x 2 x 2
124 x 1 x 2
- Need to load the outside of the foot, increase this load as you descend, and push your feet out as hard as possible when you ascend.

Snatch:
x ?
- Done with pauses at knees and/or very slowly. A girl there told me both the first and second pull looks fine (with this low ass weight, anyways). However, i forget to follow through with arms (pull elbows up). When I did it, it felt better.

Front squats:
60 x 5
68 x 4
80 x 3 x 2
90 x 2 x 4

07.12.2015:

OHS-complex
20 x 5 x 2

Snatch Warm up:
30 x 2 x 4
- Should have been x 5, but it had me huffing and puffing.

Sn Complex 1:
40 x 1
50 x 1
60 x 1
65 x 1
70 x 1

Sn + Sn pull:
30 x 1 + 1
40 x 1 + 1
50 x 1 + 1
60 x 1 + 1
65 x 1 + 1
70 x 1 + 1
72 x 1 + 1
75 x 1 + 1
77 x 1 + 1
80 x 1 + F
80 x 1 + 1

Sn from high hang:
40 x 5 x 5

Squats:
20 x 3
40 x 3
60 x 3
72 x 5
86 x 4
101 x 3 x 2
115 x 3 x 5
- Form was waaaank.

Front Squats:
66 x 5
78 x 4
90 x 3 x 5
- Need to look up, not down.

Notes:
- Quite like this, I get lots of reps and position work. Though it has me huffing and puffing.

Guys guys guys. The Female coach at the CF box I'll begin training at has a 72kg snatch and 85kg clean&jerk at 63kg bodyweight. That's okay right? Maybe I should take some of her lessons?

21.10.2015:

Snatch;
Bunch. Felt okay. actually.

C&J.
Shite.

Squats:
20 x 3
60 x 3
70 x 5
83 x 4
96 x 3 x 2
110 x 3 x 6
- Shit x 100. Everything hurt. Technique felt wank.

Notes:
- Took bout 2 hours.

What does your overhead squat complex consist of?

05.02.2015 (Gosh, deadlifting baboon ass).

Deadlifting:
60x3
100x3
140x1
160x1
165xF
145x3 x 3 sets.
140x2 x 3 sets.
120x6 x 5 sets.

Ab rollouts: (supersetted with 120kg deads).
BWx10 x 5 sets

Notes:
- I have never really improved my deadlift from deadlifting. It always goes up when squat goes up though. Too bad I never really get more than a couple months of squatting before i decide to be an idiot and injure myself.

Snatch:
40kg x 2 x million
50 x 1 x many
60 x 1 x less than many
70 x 1
70 x F x 2
- at 70 kg my technique defiencies begin showing. Need to keep arms looser and back tighter - I kept my arms very tight, which probably contributed to the swinging.

PC&J:
50 x 1 x 5
70 x 1 x 10

Guys guys guys. The Female coach at the CF box I'll begin training at has a 72kg snatch and 85kg clean&jerk at 63kg bodyweight. That's okay right? Maybe I should take some of her lessons?

I could swear I remember Jake answering this somewhere... and Jake's a nationally competitive weightlifter moving some serious weight, sooooo what he says is probably spot on...

I'd watch her lift first. If it looks good, then she can probably help you. Maybe just listen to the pointers she gives from a distance. I dated a CF chick and asked her to help me with my snatch. She did a terrible job and had no idea what she was doing, but she was into that "just bleed" mentality that CFers have where technique comes secondary.

26.10.2015:

Snatch:
50 x many x many
60 x 1 x less.
70 x F
70 x F
70 x 1
70 x 1
60 x 1
- Still have a problem staying on the midfoot and keeping my back angle. Otherwise I worked on my setup (Starting with hips higher and shoulders more in front of the bar), Pulling myself under and follow through with arms (pull elbows up).

Squats:
20 x ?
60 x 3
70 x 5
86 x 4
98 x 3 x 2
112 x 3 x 5
- When I focus on aggresively spreading the floor, dem squats go right in the ass.

Front Squats:
63 x 5
75 x 4
86 x 3 x 5
- Same as above.

Notes:
-Right knee hurts.
- Low Back is fucked.

I could swear I remember Jake answering this somewhere... and Jake's a nationally competitive weightlifter moving some serious weight, sooooo what he says is probably spot on...

I'd watch her lift first. If it looks good, then she can probably help you. Maybe just listen to the pointers she gives from a distance. I dated a CF chick and asked her to help me with my snatch. She did a terrible job and had no idea what she was doing, but she was into that "just bleed" mentality that CFers have where technique comes secondary.

Yeah in his log:

It's OK, but nothing stellar. Particularly the snatch moreso than the clean & jerk.

I wouldn't base whether or not you take her class based on that, though, especially when you're first starting out. Having a pair of eyes while learning is huge.
I'm pretty sure she is the same, as I read a Q&A with her were she said she was an atypical weightlifter because she focused on strength more than technique. Something like that.

06.02.2015:

Incline dumbell bench:
50x7 x 10 sets - 25kg each hand

Pendlay rows: (supersetted with incline)
70x7 x 10 sets

half an hour spent on youtube and downloading Science and practise of strength training, then:

Jogging:
9Km - bad hipflexor got a little sore.

Notes
- Just did whatever in my basement and went for a run.
- Going snowboarding the next 9 days. motherdicking awesome.

Last edited:
Haven't been loggin lately. Still training.

31.10.2015:

Snatch:
40 x 2 x 3
50 x 2 x 6 (missed a rep at some point).
60 x 1 x 5 (missed a rep at some point).
70 x 1
72 x 1 - 2kg pr
75 x 1 - 5 kg pr.
80 x F
80 x F
80 x F
80 kg x 1 - 10 kg pr.
- Technique felt on point in last rep. Feel like there's more in the tank. Just need better technique.

Squat:
20 x 3
60 x 3
70 x 5
84 x 4 x 2
98 x 3 x 2
112 x 2 x 2
126 x 1 x 3
- Bah

Front Squats:
60 x 5
69 x 4
81 x 3 x 2
92 x 2 x 4

Notes:
I can now Snatch the same as I PC&J.
Right knee hurts a bit on squat walkouts.

Atypical weightlifter... typical Crossfitter. I'd still take a look at what she does. You don't wanna be in a spot where you're being coached by someone giving you crappy advice, though.

02.11.2015:

Snatch:
Bah. sucked.

C&J:
Sucked even more.

Squats:
20 x 3
60 x 3
70 x 5
84 x 5 x 2
98 x 5 x 5

Atypical weightlifter... typical Crossfitter. I'd still take a look at what she does. You don't wanna be in a spot where you're being coached by someone giving you crappy advice, though.

Yeah, I think it'll be good to get someone to help me out.

In other news I'm home from snowboarding. Hip-flexor acted up a bit from all the twisting and turning. Told it, shut up puto, and it mostly did. Had major fun with my brothers. We were like three retards, while still not being dicks towards other people and watcing out for other people. Also ate like a fat **** all week, watched lots of family guy, chilled in sauna and stretched.

Highlights included:
- Me and my brothers doing a train (no, not that kind). My bro first on skies, my other brother with his skies on the outside, and me in between both set of skies. Impossible to steer. At one point yougest littlebro tried turning left, other bro right, and I tried to brake by turning my board parallel and smashing into their skies. This caused my oldest litte brother to wet himself a bit.
- Oldest little bro hit 116 KM/H. Fucking mad.
- Felt like i broke my ass jumping. First jump, east. Second jump, woah. Third jump, holy fucking shit, which caused me to get tense, fall and smash my ass.

Did a workout + stretching when I came home, because driving for 13 hours = aids for body.
Realized 105 kg bench is 1.4 bodyweight. Not too far from 1.5. Benching sucks though.

04.11.2015:

Snatch:
40 x 2 x 3
50 x 2 x 3
60 x 1 x 3 + F
70 x 1
75 x 1 x 2
80 x 1 - Twas a good rep.
85 x F x 7 - Some of these were hella close.
- Different issues of F-reps. Some I didn't fully extend, some I didn't drop far enough under and some I didn't keep my torso upright enough.

Squats:
20 x 3
60 x 3
70 x 5
84 x 4 x 2
93 x 3 x 2
112 x 3 x 5
- Less knee-pain when I walk out in a narrow stance.

Front squats:
60 x 6
70 x 6
75 x 6 x 4

Notes:
- Need to drop straighter into the hole.
- Will begin C&J twice a week on upperbody days and snatch thrice a week on squat days.
- I'll try to get 5-10 good and solid lifts on the classic lift at a challenging weight (70-80kg for snatch). Same for C&J. Need to get my bundniveau up.
- Will max out once every week/second week.

Limber 11 + stabbing my stomach.

Deadlifts:
60x5
100x3
130x6 x 7 sets.
130x2 + F - Head wasn't in it.
130x1 - wanted 45 reps on 130.

Pendlay rows:
60x3
70x6 x 4 sets.

Ab rollouts: (Supersetted with Pendlay Rows)
BWx10 x 4 sets.

06.11.2015:

Snatcehs:
40 x 2 x 2
50 x 2 x2
60 x 1 x 3
70 x 1 x 2
80 x 1
80 x F x 4
80 x 1
85 x F x 5
- So did the exact opposite of what I wrote last post (upping bundniveau). Will begin doing it with 65 - 75 kg and do them perfect.

Squats:
20 x 3
60 x 3
70 x 5
84 x 4
98 x 3 x 2
112 x 3 x 2
119 x 2 x 3
112 x 3 x 3

I see no point of me logging at the moment as i'm just doing regular shitnit and not oly movements.. and there's absolutely no method to the madness. Just doing whatever I want.

When I begin squatting and oly lifting I think I'll spend the first long time getting my squat up and working alot on the technique of the lifts.

I'd stop going for the PR every session. Get some clean reps in at 80%, dude.

Hit some PR's since last time.
DL: 165
Bench 105 x 2

Gotten my white adipower. They are the secks. Will slowly build my squat up

I'd stop going for the PR every session. Get some clean reps in at 80%, dude.

Yeah I know! It's just not as much fun.

Snatch:
40 x 2 x 2
50 x 2
60 x 1 x 3
70 x 1 x 5 - 10 (2 F's in there).
80 x 1 x 2

Squats:
20 x 3
60 x 3
70 x 5
84 x 4
98 x 3 x 2
112 x 3 x 2
119 x 2 x 2
126 x 1 x 2
- Knees caved a bit here.

Front Squats:
60 x 5
69 x 4
81 x 3 x 2
92 x 2 x 4
- FS >>> BS.

Notes:
- On snatch I need to make a chalk line in front of me to see if I'm letting the bar pull me forward.
- Excited to Snatch again thursday!

No real pain in my hip flexor when squatting. Still, there's some annoying sensation

Even though my workouts feature no set routine I still log them.

Even though my workouts feature no set routine I still log them.

Actually there is some method to the madness now. But still a couple of months before I'll begin doing the oly lifts. I figure, there's no reason to begin now, if my hip flexor can't take it.

Thanks for stopping by :)

So, I've been slowly building my squat up again in the last month. Began with the bar and added 2.5kg / workout, like in Stronglifts.

Now another problem has surfaced. My hips have tendency to shift to the left when coming out of the hole. I also did this at times when squatting, before my hip-flexor injury (left hip-flexor). Maybe they are correlated? Dunno.

Operation fixing retard hips:
I'm no expert and have no idea why that shit happens, so I'll try some different stuff.

• I'll stretch my left hamstring a lot. It's a bit tighter than my right.

EDIT: Fuck it. Will keep on squatting and adding weight. I'll just do all the reps paused.

Last edited:
So, I've been slowly building my squat up again in the last month. Began with the bar and added 2.5kg / workout, like in Stronglifts.

Now another problem has surfaced. My hips have tendency to shift to the left when coming out of the hole. I also did this at times when squatting, before my hip-flexor injury (left hip-flexor). Maybe they are correlated? Dunno.

Operation fixing retard hips:
I'm no expert and have no idea why that shit happens, so I'll try some different stuff.

• I'll stretch my left hamstring a lot. It's a bit tighter than my right.

EDIT: Fuck it. Will keep on squatting and adding weight. I'll just do all the reps paused.

Did some testing and trying. My hammies have more or less same degree of flexibility. However, my left side of the hip (I think it's called the psoas) is tighter than right side. May have something to do with the shifting. I also think my left glute is inactive coming out of the hole.

So I'll make sure that my flexibility is even on both sides and then I'll try to get my glutes to activate more, especially the left one. Couple that with pause squats, where I really focus on activating my glutes and hopefully, shit'll be good.

I'll begin logging again. Today I've static stretched. Later I'll do dynamic stretching, activation shit and sprints.

Limber 11, some extra foam rolling, and banded glute bridges.

Squat: (Mostly paused)
Warmup.
57.5kg x 5 x 5 sets
- Still shifted left on some reps. Especially on the early sets. My left glute was more or less completely inactive. Did belted glute bridges in between sets and the reps became better as I could actually feel my left glute firing.

Spilt squat:
30kg x 8 x 1 set - For right leg.
30kg x 8 x 3 sets - For left leg
- Trying to keep my knees out, especially for the left leg. Was harder to keep my left leg pushed out than than with the right leg. Also, I have never felt my left glute firing like that.

Pendlay Rows: (Supersetted with Ab wheel).
70kg x 7 x 2 sets.
70kg x 8 x 1 sets.

Ab Roll-outs (Paused for a 3 count).
BW x 7 x 3 sets.

Notes:
- Feeling pretty damn optimistic about fixing my squat issues. Too bad that it had to give me hip flexor issues for around 6 months, but feeling quite grateful for having found the cause (I hope) and that it wasn't more serious.
- Thanks Lyle McDonald for awesome article, explaining how to fix this shit.
- Hope I haven't jinxed it and it somehow turns out I have super retard hips.

Back