Give me more Sanchez, Hardy and Garcia and less Shields, Fitch and Okami............

I hate watching Diego fight these days. The way he stands and swings punches is ugly. Guy looks like he just trains cardio. He relies on the fact that he can go for rounds upon rounds and has a hard chin. other that that, he's got nothing left.

I dont think so.

the actual "match" starts at aroud 1:00

[YT]WeK-gC6n3qs[/YT]

Now I'm confused about the rules. Is there actually an arm wrestling element? I guess it's just sort of the knife fighters being tied together type of thing? Well, anyway, there are still skills I'm sure that are in play. Like, I can show you some guys just brawling, even in the UFC, and I can show you guys that display a lot of skill and technique. Will they ever really get guys like the latter in this sport? Probably not.

Now I'm confused about the rules. Is there actually an arm wrestling element? I guess it's just sort of the knife fighters being tied together type of thing? Well, anyway, there are still skills I'm sure that are in play. Like, I can show you some guys just brawling, even in the UFC, and I can show you guys that display a lot of skill and technique. Will they ever really get guys like the latter in this sport? Probably not.

There are basically no rules. as far as i can tell, its mma tied together over a table.

The problem is not that Diego is/isn't exciting, its that he lost last night. A good case can be made that he should be 0-6 in his last six fights.

I'm not saying cut him from the UFC (though 0-6...), but fuck, missing haymakers and getting punched the face for 15 minutes does not warrant a win.

Leave Okami alone!

c480x270_32.jpg

I seriously think TS is mentally retarded and we shouldn't be so harsh...

why not Triple H, Hulk Hogan or Undertaker?

I think you should find something else to call entertainment. MMA isn't for you if you really feel that way.

I dont think so.

the actual "match" starts at aroud 1:00

[YT]WeK-gC6n3qs[/YT]

Takes enough skill that James "The Sandman" Irvin lost his X-Arm match, doe...

Takes enough skill that James "The Sandman" Irvin lost his X-Arm match, doe...

Never saw the "fight" huh? thats ok, here it is. starts around 1:00

[YT]A0nS7Y5Xjnk#t=164[/YT]

it's cool when you get a guy with so much confidence in himself that 'lives by the sword, dies by the sword' but it's incredibly frustrating seeing someone failing to learn from their mistakes time after time, and resorting to the same old game plan time after time.. whether it's shields blanketing someone or sanchez aimlessly swinging

his energy is infections but there are only so many times you can watch a guy in decline getting beaten up before you start to question the entertainment value of it

agreed. and the fact that ross pearson absolutely out brawled diego too makes the decision even more disgusting.

Really, it's about finishing, entertainment and winning. Not position, defense(neutralization) and not losing. I realize Diego didn't force the issue last night and IMO he lost 30-27. But for people calling him 0-6, fuck you......Kampman was a win IMO and Ellenburger would have been in 5. Gomi was a win(legit) and Melendez almost was. I watched the fight last night specifically because Diego was fighting and I'll take Garcia, Diego and Hardy over Shields, Fitch and Okami any day. Thoughts?

What exactly do you find entertaining about Diego's fights? It's not winning, and it finishing (he's not a finisher these days).

The lack of defense? The fact that he has not improved his striking in years, despite the fact that he trains at an elite camp and has had numerous UFC bouts? His mean mugging? The mohawk?

Maybe if you explain what you find entertaining about Diego's fights, then the posters here MIGHT be less inclined to imply that you are retarded.

Japanese crowds at a Pride match usually never say a word when the fight went to the ground. They respected the ground techniques and skillsets as much as the striking. Maybe as time passes American crowds will do the same.

I don't mind brawler types, but Garcia/Sanchez don't really tend to have finishing power, miss with almost everything, can't ever seem to get a sense of distance, etc...just really frustrating to watch sometimes. Double that when judges are playing with their phones or whatever.

I'd watch Okami fight before Sanchez and Garcia any day of the week.

I don't know why you included Hardy. He doesn't swing like a bum.

Back