Give me more Sanchez, Hardy and Garcia and less Shields, Fitch and Okami............

J228jnkwxz9gj

Black Belt
Reaction score
Really, it's about finishing, entertainment and winning. Not position, defense(neutralization) and not losing. I realize Diego didn't force the issue last night and IMO he lost 30-27. But for people calling him 0-6, fuck you......Kampman was a win IMO and Ellenburger would have been in 5. Gomi was a win(legit) and Melendez almost was. I watched the fight last night specifically because Diego was fighting and I'll take Garcia, Diego and Hardy over Shields, Fitch and Okami any day. Thoughts?

Really, it's about finishing, entertainment and winning. Not position, defense(neutralization) and not losing. I realize Diego didn't force the issue last night and IMO he lost 30-27. But for people calling him 0-6, fuck you......Kampman was a win IMO and Ellenburger would have been in 5. Gomi was a win(legit) and Melendez almost was. I watched the fight last night specifically because Diego was fighting and I'll take Garcia, Diego and Hardy over Shields, Fitch and Okami any day. Thoughts?

My thoughts?

You're clueless and please stop posting.

I'd rather see a man win convincingly than get gifted a Win he didn't even get, because he mean mugs and throws caution to the wind for the last 5 seconds of each round.

So it's about winning and Sanchez, Hardy and Garcia embody that more than Shields, Fitch and Okami? Nice one.

Sanchez is a punching bag... whatever you like though.

Lol at Gomi and Kampmann being ''legit wins''...

I have just the thing for you. It doesnt require skill, and is very violent and stupid as fuck.

[YT]xF50HOPVmmw[/YT]

You think guys throwing looping punches and hitting nothing but air is entertaining? Because that's what Garcia and Sanchez do. Hardy is more technical though. I don't have a problem with him.

You are exactly what is wrong with MMA. You want to watch brawls with no technique go to your local bar...

Haha, at least Leonard is on a three fight winning streak of finishes.

So it's about winning and Sanchez, Hardy and Garcia embody that more than Shields, Fitch and Okami? Nice one.

I think he means winning from a fighting standpoint, not a "point-fighting" standpoint. Shields, Fitch and Okami are smothering grinder types that rarely finish and whose primary goal is to win points on the judges score cards, not actually stop their opponent through strikes or subs.

Even though I like Dan Hardy I really hate this myth that he's some super exciting fighter. He isn't. His only FOTN was against Lytle. Some of his fights were outright terrible, like the clinchfest against Swick. He's no more exciting than your average Welterweight.

The entire time you've been on Sherdog Diego hasn't finished anyone.

You are exactly what is wrong with MMA. You want to watch brawls with no technique go to your local bar...

Where did he say there should be no technique? You are clearly straw manning him.

You can use technique to finish fights, or you can use technique to lay on someone and hope the judges are impressed. Your objection right now is like saying that Shields uses technique but Lombard doesn't since the latter seriously goes for the finish. Lombard has more technique than Shields does, imo.

it's cool when you get a guy with so much confidence in himself that 'lives by the sword, dies by the sword' but it's incredibly frustrating seeing someone failing to learn from their mistakes time after time, and resorting to the same old game plan time after time.. whether it's shields blanketing someone or sanchez aimlessly swinging

his energy is infections but there are only so many times you can watch a guy in decline getting beaten up before you start to question the entertainment value of it

Dan Hardy deserves way more credit than this. His only losses in the UFC are to a murderers row of welterweights and a top 5 light heavyweight. Also way more technical than Garcia or Sanchez.

As for your argument, TS, I like guys who bring it every time, but winning is important.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying wild and Agressive fighters rather than "safety first" point fighters, and clearly you are not the only one with that opinion.

That said, those guys don't exactly stand as the prime example for "winning" as hardy lost 4 straight and Diego and Garcia have a lot of losses lately against a few highly questionable "wins".

I have just the thing for you. It doesnt require skill, and is very violent and stupid as fuck.

[YT]xF50HOPVmmw[/YT]

That is pretty fucking stupid, but it probably does involve quite a bit of skill.

Garcia actually fights WAAAAAAAY more intelligent now(watch any of his legacy bouts).........................why? because he realized that winning is more important than anything else
hardy lost four in a row and then guess what?...................he realized that winning is more important than anything else and moved to vegas to improve his groundgame

...lemme know when diego realizes that WINNING is more important than bleeding......and shows improvements, rather than regressing every damn fight

Back