give me any reason why Ronda isn't the Royce Gracie of WMMA

she's fighting cans. terrible fighters.

she's the best of terrible fighters, doesn't make her good.

her striking is terrible, she was swinging hay makers at bethe, who ironically is even worse than Ronda.

She avoids her biggest threat because of a weight cut she knows Cyborg can't make.

Ronda has fought at 150, 145, 135 but refuses a catch weight at 140. Really? It's 5 pounds of water you don't have to cut.

If you're a fan of Ronda you're delusional

Reading this post in Donald Trump's voice makes it better.

her striking is terrible, she was swinging hay makers at bethe, who ironically is even worse than Ronda.

She avoids her biggest threat because of a weight cut she knows Cyborg can't make.

Ronda has fought at 150, 145, 135 but refuses a catch weight at 140. Really? It's 5 pounds of water you don't have to cut.

And Misha is Ken Shamrock. Truth.

Royce won because he knew BJJ and his opponents didnt. Ronda wins because she's a superior fighter and athlete.

That's ridiculous, Royce fought Shamrock and Remco Pardoel in the first two UFCs, both of which had a ton of grappling experience and were much larger. Royce was just better, you might as well say Ronda is winning because she knows Judo and her opponents don't.

But anyway what I will say in favor of Ronda is she really is the best openweight female fighter, whereas Royce was never the best fighter in the world (most would say Rickson was).

She's not Royce because she hasn't beaten 3 opponents in one night in an openweight tournament.

That's ridiculous, Royce fought Shamrock and Remco Pardoel in the first two UFCs, both of which had a ton of grappling experience and were much larger. Royce was just better, you might as well say Ronda is winning because she knows Judo and her opponents don't.

But anyway what I will say in favor of Ronda is she really is the best openweight female fighter, whereas Royce was never the best fighter in the world (most would say Rickson was).

I don't think Ronda would beat Gabi Garcia.

- Gracie is a legend who pretty much brought BJJ to MMA.

- WMMA is different, it

The Gracies made much of the rules for early UFC and Royce had fought in similar manners before. Most of the random bunch of people that competed had little clue about what was going to happen.

Ronda on the other hand has much more legitime opponents that has trained MMA for years...

The Gracies made much of the rules for early UFC and Royce had fought in similar manners before. Most of the random bunch of people that competed had little clue about what was going to happen.

Ronda on the other hand has much more legitime opponents that has trained MMA for years...

Absolute bullshit. Ken Shamrock was better than any fighter Ronda has ever faced, or ever will face most likely.

The OP blows but the thread title has some truth to it.

She is so far ahead of the competition it's not even fair. In all of her fights she was briefly in some moderate trouble from a neck crank. She has dominated every other minute of every fight aside from that.

Quite frankly the 2nd best in the division is not good enough to even push Ronda. So like Royce, she is very far ahead of the competition. I just don't think there are enough female competitors to produce someone that will catch up to Ronda.

I'd actually say some of Royce's early fights were much more competitive (like against Shamrock and Severan).

Reported

Royce fought wrestlers that outweighed him by 70lbs and won. Yeah he fought Art Jimmerson but he also beat a roided Ken Shamrock amd Dan Severn.

Let's see Ronda face Cyborg and Gabriella Garcia

I think Shamrock by the time of the second Royce fight was better than anyone Ronda has faced, in the 1st fight he was still pretty green in terms of submission fighting.

Back