Gi's for tall lanky mofo's...

DO NOT buy a gi that isn't pre-shrunk! I'm 6'2" 180 and bought an A3 Vulkan not pre-shrunk. Pants were way too baggy and top was too big. Go with the new Ouano, fits awesome.

i'm roughly the same height and about 10 pounds heavier than you. i wear a size 5 eurocomp. hit up google.

i'm roughly the same height and about 10 pounds heavier than you. i wear a size 5 eurocomp. hit up google.

Sup everyone, dead thread i know but i need your help. Im 6'4"3/4 223pounds. ive searched a lot for a best gi that wont be too short and its pretty hard to get an answer. i even called all the companies and they say it depends from person to person. Anyone with the same build can recommend me a gi? thank a million.

Sup everyone, dead thread i know but i need your help. Im 6'4"3/4 223pounds. ive searched a lot for a best gi that wont be too short and its pretty hard to get an answer. i even called all the companies and they say it depends from person to person. Anyone with the same build can recommend me a gi? thank a million.

There are a couple companies that have extra sizing in their gis. I know Shoyoroll, Dragao, Bad Boy, and Fushida all have "half" sizes. Good luck on finding a Shoyoroll for under $300 now. You can get Dragao from fightersmarket.com. The Bad Boy gi that has half sizes is their top of the line one and it's $200 or something like that. The only gi I have experience with is the Fushida and I cannot rave enough about it. Just the customer service is worth the price. Contact Christo and he'll send you a measurement sheet to fill out so he can get you the best fitting gi. Their gis only shrink a little bit if cold washed and hang dried, and the quality is comparable or better than any brand out there. Check fushida.ca for more info. Hope that helps.

im getting a gameness gi, i made a thread on it as for sizes, im 6'2, 165lbs. and im stuck right in between A3 and A4
a3 says 5'10 - 6' , 167-200lbs
a4 says 6'1 - 6'3 , 205-245 lbs

any suggestions for what i should get?

Fushida is the best bet! I am 6'1" and 175lbs.
I bought the Komodo in size A2X. The gi is very high quality (AT LEAST as well made as Atama) and is absolutely bullet-proof without being overly stiff.
I have an Ouano double weave A2 and an Atama Mundial#9 A3. The Ouano fits my body type, but is too short overall. The Atama fits my length, but is way too roomy.
The Fushida fits like it was custom tailored to me, fitting snugly without being restrictive, and long enough to reach my wrists and ankles.
Christo, the owner of the company, is very helpful, answering any questions you may have with patience and understanding.
I'm asking for the black Komodo gi for Christmas since I like my white one so much.

We're just going to start testing the market with our slim and beefy cut gis. If they sell well we may bring in these new sizes for all our gis. If anyone is curious one of our A4 slim cut gis are pretty much just an A4 in height and an A2 in width, right now i'm just working on the size charts should be up tomorrow if i don't get distracted.

Mike @ gorilla fight gear

Hey guys, would yall mind helping me find a gi that could fit me? I just gathered up the money for one and I can't find one anywhere that seems like it would fit well.

I'm 6'4 and 150~ pounds.

Appreciate it.

I would recommend our A4SS but the only one that came in by air was mislabeled a A4S so it will be a a few weeks before the rest of our shipment comes in that's when i'll see if the rest of the A4SS jackets are mislabeled as well. i guess that what i get for trying to bring in 8 extra sizes

Mike @ gorilla fight Gear

Back