Girly man?

Wrestling_ girl, dont let Diligent get to you...he's still living in the ol' west.

Diligent: Quaid was a much better Doc Holiday than Val Kilmer.

Thats my sisters job, she's the priss.

And I can't be as graceful as a dove, I trip over things.

Wrecking Ball said:
Wrestling_ girl, dont let Diligent get to you...he's still living in the ol' west.

"HO, HO, HO-HO-HO!!! You made me mad! I almost liked it!!!" -guy at phone booth in Dumb and Dumber :D

Wrecking Ball said:

Aww thank you. ^^

Wrestling_girl said:
Thats my sisters job, she's the priss.

And I can't be as graceful as a dove, I trip over things.
Just some advice. Good luck with yer wrestling, though. :)

It is an insult for me to be called a girly man because I'm proud of being a man. Men should act like men, if they don't, they become girly men. Then, if they have any pride, they'll suck it up and begin acting like men. Men and women have slightly different values, and it is normal that each group stands for his own.

That being said, this thread is stupid, I only answered because I used the expression on the board in the past.

Yeah, no offense to you, Wrestling_girl, but females are weaker than males. Of course you can find a given girl who is stronger than a given guy. You can even find a given girl (like Becca Swanson for instance) who is stronger than most guys. However, if you take your average man and your average woman, the man is stronger.

Not only that, but men are naturally built to be stronger. An undrugged woman cannot achieve the heights of strength, edurance, and speed that a man can achieve. When women get obsessed with the desire to be as strong as possible, they do so by making themselves more like men (i.e. injecting testosterone). Raw, natural femininitiy cannot sustain the feats of athleticism which masculinity can.

So it's an insult to be called a girly man. It's like telling someone that they lift as if they were a standard member of the weaker, smaller sex. You women athletes shouldn't take it as an insult. If anything, you should probably be more aware of the differences between the male and the female body.

Now personally I don't see anything wrong with women being athletes or anything, but we have separate leagues for a reason. If you feel the desire to pursue wrestling, I would say do so. You seem to be pretty smart (at least you held your own with all these older males in here), and I bet you can go far. I'd just encourage you to not become:

a) some feminazi who foams at the mouth every time some male makes a dumb remark. We are just men, afterall. A certain amount of inanity, bravado, and volume are par for the course.

b) a test-junkie who sacrifices her feminine body to become a second rate imitation of man's body.

or

c) too bummed out that your brothers are pussies (although I find it interesting that you use that term. Aren't you equating something feminine (a pussy) with weakness? Isn't that the same thing that you started this thread to attack?).

Really, I think I speak for all the men (at least the non-girly ones) in saying that we love the women. We know you're really the smarter, sexier, more subtle, more desirable, and more priviledged sex. Femininity is the most beautiful thing on the planet. So, if I were you, I would just work on discovering your own little personal brand of that and excuse us meatheads who like to revel in the fact that our gender has bigger muscles than yours.

He got two, they're pussies. ^^

Total ownage.

As Carnal once said:

Wrestling_girl, you are quickly becoming my favorite new poster on this board.

Stick around and learn to lift. It'll help your wrestling.

And before anymore pic questions, or worse, get asked; How old are you?

*sniff* What's that smell? Is that estrogen?

in any event, as much fun as it is watching you put forth your highschool toughgirl persona (and no really, I hope you stick around the forums) this is not a strength and power topic. I'll share with you my experience tonight: I'm in an EMT academy and tonight we had to perform a scenario after getting pepper sprayed. Full on, face full of ghonorea type burning, peper spray. Whi gender fell apart? the women. now I have nothing against them, everyone performed and completed their tasks, and it wasn't easy for anyone (except one guy, who's been sprayed like 100+ times), but the females were those who had the greatest dificulty with the drill. Emotionally and physically they had more trouble than most men. Is this genetics or social conditioning, I don't know (people hold babies different based on gender, and this tendency continues throughout their up bringing)

Consider the dumb shit guys do to eachother growing up (from practical jokes to drinking games involving lit cigarettes and forearms) that really toughens eachother up. Women have their rite of passage: giving birth, and to a lesser extent marriage. Men however do not have that, they therefore create all kinds of goofy shit that proves they're manly. So when you take one gender and give them dolls and tea sets, then give the other gender and give them toy guns and football pads and tell them to "suck it up" when they get injured who do you think is going to end up tougher? We raise girly girls, so when a man exhibits traits of the opposite sex (traits contrary to those expected by their fellow men) you can bet they're going to be harrassed about it, they were supposed to have that beaten out of them through some rite of passage.

Now, some day you're going to get dolled up and want to be feminine (even if it's just for a night), and if on that night somebody calls you a butch tomboy, you're gonna feel it. If after having your child somebody attacks your femininity or mothering abilities, you're going to feel it. If after becoming what is commonly perceived to be a man (afer going through all the horse shit initiations, pulling 4 plates, out drinking his friends, bending a 60 penny nail, enduring the practical jokes, lifting a stone, slapping a bear, killing a lion, WHATEVER) somebody calls a man feminine, he's going to feel it, cause that's not what he knows he's supposed to be at that point... HE WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING EVERYONE ELSE DID!

I said it before, I have nothing against women and don't hold them inferior in the least (I'd much wrather be a man for a number of reasons... makeup and periods being two of them) but calling a man girly has a much different effect than calling a mother fatherly or boyish. thems the breaks. When a physical or biological rite of passage into adulthood is not present, any society will create one. and to strip away the worth of somebody's completion of a rite is an easy way to aggrevate anyone.

Urban said:
*sniff* What's that smell? Is that estrogen?

in any event, as much fun as it is watching you put forth your highschool toughgirl persona (and no really, I hope you stick around the forums) this is not a strength and power topic. I'll share with you my experience tonight: I'm in an EMT academy and tonight we had to perform a scenario after getting pepper sprayed. Full on, face full of ghonorea type burning, peper spray. Whi gender fell apart? the women. now I have nothing against them, everyone performed and completed their tasks, and it wasn't easy for anyone (except one guy, who's been sprayed like 100+ times), but the females were those who had the greatest dificulty with the drill. Emotionally and physically they had more trouble than most men. Is this genetics or social conditioning, I don't know (people hold babies different based on gender, and this tendency continues throughout their up bringing)

Consider the dumb shit guys do to eachother growing up (from practical jokes to drinking games involving lit cigarettes and forearms) that really toughens eachother up. Women have their rite of passage: giving birth, and to a lesser extent marriage. Men however do not have that, they therefore create all kinds of goofy shit that proves they're manly. So when you take one gender and give them dolls and tea sets, then give the other gender and give them toy guns and football pads and tell them to "suck it up" when they get injured who do you think is going to end up tougher? We raise girly girls, so when a man exhibits traits of the opposite sex (traits contrary to those expected by their fellow men) you can bet they're going to be harrassed about it, they were supposed to have that beaten out of them through some rite of passage.

Now, some day you're going to get dolled up and want to be feminine (even if it's just for a night), and if on that night somebody calls you a butch tomboy, you're gonna feel it. If after having your child somebody attacks your femininity or mothering abilities, you're going to feel it. If after becoming what is commonly perceived to be a man (afer going through all the horse shit initiations, pulling 4 plates, out drinking his friends, bending a 60 penny nail, enduring the practical jokes, lifting a stone, slapping a bear, killing a lion, WHATEVER) somebody calls a man feminine, he's going to feel it, cause that's not what he knows he's supposed to be at that point... HE WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING EVERYONE ELSE DID!

I said it before, I have nothing against women and don't hold them inferior in the least (I'd much wrather be a man for a number of reasons... makeup and periods being two of them) but calling a man girly has a much different effect than calling a mother fatherly or boyish. thems the breaks. When a physical or biological rite of passage into adulthood is not present, any society will create one. and to strip away the worth of somebody's completion of a rite is an easy way to aggrevate anyone.
Shutup girly man

HULKMANIA and URBAN Well said :wink:

When i was in army there were women too and army is good place to see the diffrence off man and women.

It looks horrible to see women with full army gear on her back in deep snow or running with heavy tank mines or digging "foxholes" or trying to carry wood logs.....it makes me to want to help her and yes we did hafty do theyr work sometimes becouse they couldent do it. And it looks silly to see ~60kg female trying to wrestle with 100kg man.....

Some timeago here was little newsarticle about why there is no female firefighters.....and strory writer was feminist and she asked firecheaf why dont you take females...the chief said we take females if they pass the firefighter test. And no women have ever pass the test.
If my house is on fire i really hope that the firefighters are big men becouse i weight over 100kg. 60kg women with heavy airtanks and full firefighter gear on probably could not drag me out of my house if i pass out.

But it is nice that females are what they are, cute caretakers :D thats why i love them.

BTW: can i wrestle with you :wink: shame on me :redface: Just goofing around....you are too young to me.

These physical agility tests have been questioned time and time again, and taken to court, and it always comes back the same way: they accurately reflect the needs of the job. There ARE female firefighters and female EMT's that work with American Medical Response* but there are more men due to the observable difference in average physical strength. Now, is there sexism in these fields? yeah probably. I mean there's two interviews you have to go through before they'll hire you (one in front of a board and one with the chief, for firefighters), so the opportunity to be predjudice in the hiring process is there, but I'm sure they try to be as objective as they can.

and I would not classify females as cute caretakers though, that just seems sexist. I can take care of myself thanks.

* I named AMR because I know they have a physical agility test, and I'm unaware of whether or not any other ambulance companies do. AMR's agility test encompases lifting a 140 lb weight several times with proper body mechanics (this includes what is essentially an upright row), and lifting it up a flight of stairs. it's clear that if anyone can't do that, they're going to have a lot of difficulties working on an ambulance and moving patients.

I'd just like to welcome you to the boards. It's nice to have a fresh perspecitve. Good luck with some of these guys. lol

*and I would not classify females as cute caretakers though, that just seems sexist. I can take care of myself thanks.*

Heh that was the first tought that comed to my mind and whats wrong with sexist? :icon_lol: ....yeap i probably think littlebit "old"way or something like that. And yes i can take care myself too.

Here in finland we have females in ambulance jobs too, but i have not ever seen female firefighters it is possible that there is some.

Wrestling_girl said:
I jsut have ONe question aobut this thread, I mean no need to change it or anything but....

Why is it an insult to be called a girly man? I wrestle and can beat guys up there! And it's not like they suck.

No I am not a dyke, my hair is not short and I don't look at all like a guy.

So why do all you men feel that it is an insult to your overblown egos to be called a girl? :icon_twis

(posted with no intention of insulting you) What does is say about your ego/self-esteem if you are effected by what others think/say? If the worst aspect of humanity in your eyes is the occaisional verbal insult, then you should pick up a newspaper. People suck, don't let it drag you down.

I classify females as the superior sex, personally. Feel free to call me sexist.

I'm sure there are a lot of "little" men that have no greater fear than being beaten by a "girl". Kinda' sad.

A little man is just like a girl only with balls. No one likes being called a "little man" either.
The only thing I hate people calling men is "stupid". Come on guys, not all of us are stupid.

Bacon that avatar rules. Is that your dog?

Wrestling_girl said:
Why is it an insult to be called a girly man? I wrestle and can beat guys up there! And it's not like they suck.

You mean other 8 year old boys?

Back