Girl died doing squats

I always use the Zercher grip for front squats. I never have it across my neck like that.

Dude! Sohei! I have a friend named Sohei. Did you ever pass out in someones kitchen after drinking a considerable amount of Beck's from a pony keg? Probably around 2002-2003? Lulz!

You have a friend whose first name is Sohei?

I always use the Zercher grip for front squats. I never have it across my neck like that.

That's a zercher squat then. Not a front squat.

I feel like lifting would be a lot safer if the diameter of the weights were larger so that when it falls, the bar can't make contact with you when you drop it.

Or you just learn how to dump the bar properly.

I've seen the local crossfit guys using weights about twice as wide as conventional ones. It must make a difference.

No, not really. Bumper plates make a difference simply because of how they react when the hit the ground.

I feel like lifting would be a lot safer if the diameter of the weights were larger so that when it falls, the bar can't make contact with you when you drop it.

I've seen the local crossfit guys using weights about twice as wide as conventional ones. It must make a difference.

Lifting is already very safe, especially relative to other physical activities. There's not really an epidemic to warrant a different plate.

Crossfit gyms are using thicker plates because they are made of a less-dense-than-metal material that can be dropped to the floor without warping or breaking.

Lifting is already very safe, especially relative to other physical activities. There's not really an epidemic to warrant a different plate.

Crossfit gyms are using thicker plates because they are made of a less-dense-than-metal material that can be dropped to the floor without warping or breaking.

I know why crossfit gyms use them. I'm just saying that there is an added safety benefit.

No one is going to regulate this sort of thing. A gym could set up a squat rack with a metal post from Home Dept and hang buckets of heavy metal or gravel off it if they wanted.

My suggestion is more for someone who was going to buy new equipment. All things being equal, might as well buy the safer stuff.

That's a zercher squat then. Not a front squat.

Just feels safer to me then having across your shoulders and collar bone. With the front squat it feels like you cant use a lot of weight.

Just feels safer to me then having across your shoulders and collar bone. With the front squat it feels like you cant use a lot of weight.

Exactly.

No one, ever, has successfully front squatted heavy weights. Certainly no Olympic weightlifters.

You can get cheap bumper plates, either a no-name brand or second hand.

That's true of anything. Maybe you get lucky and you find someone locally to get 'em on the cheap, but bumpers are generally going to cost more than equivalent quality standard plates.

I would totally fucking fuck Elliot"The Hulse" Hulse in drag.

facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
Back