Girl accuses school dress code as sexist

therein lies the point, not all nudity is sexual. though she said many a stupid thing, this girl wanted to be able to wear less clothes in the heat. plenty of cultures find a way to be ok with this, and flat out nudity in certain situations.

some of us are simply stating we wish the places we live in had more in common with those societies then the ones that sexualize every bit of a women's flesh.

Maybe she should have taken her wool poncho off if she was too warm. Do you really think she was wearing short shorts because she was too warm?

Instead of trashy booty shorts she could have gone for a classier look. Something like the following:

a_main_6674.jpg

lol "side mammary glands" cracked me up.

Maybe she should have taken her wool poncho off if she was too warm. Do you really think she was wearing short shorts because she was too warm?

Instead of trashy booty shorts she could have gone for a classier look. Something like the following:

a_main_6674.jpg

Doubtful.

you're looking for reasons to tear this girls story apart, which is fine, fuck her, i dont know this person. i'm taking her at her word to discuss broader point that i stated.

Maybe some should to make a point to the feminists/sexists or whatever these people are claiming to be to prove that they are being treated equally and fair.

on the other hand, guys wear their pants down below their ass, exposing their underwear.

there's some silliness on both sides.

you're looking for reasons to tear this girls story apart, which is fine, fuck her, i dont know this person. i'm taking her at her word to discuss broader point that i stated.

School is a place of learning and study and should be treated as such. Its not a place to show off one's body. There are plenty of more acceptable places in North America for women to show of their bodies.

That girl can go the mall after school is finished and wear booty shorts all she wants. Hell she could even go to a public swimming pool and wear a bikini if she so desires. I know you would rather believe a teenager brainwashed by feminist Tumblr blogs, but trust me when I tell you that she is hardly oppressed and has plenty of opportunities outside of school to dress trashy. There are even clothing-optional beaches in Quebec she can visit when she is older.

Lastly, there are plenty of more sexually liberal countries where students must wear uniforms during school.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the other hand, guys wear their pants down below their ass, exposing their underwear.

there's some silliness on both sides.

That certainly wasn't allowed at my school or any of schools that my friends went to in the surrounding area. Guys were told to pick up their pants. They would even provide a string belt if needed. They would be sent home if they didn't comply. It never happened because they would just pull their pants up...

School is a place of learning and study and should be treated as such. Its not a place to show off one's body. There are plenty of more acceptable places in North America for women to show of their bodies.

That girl can go the mall after school is finished and wear booty shorts all she wants. Hell she could even go to a public swimming pool and wear a bikini if she so desires. I know you would rather believe a teenager brainwashed by feminist Tumblr blogs, but trust me when I tell you that she is hardly oppressed and has plenty of opportunities outside of school to dress trashy. There are even clothing-optional beaches in Quebec she can visit when she is older.

There are plenty of more sexually liberal countries where students wear uniforms during school.

still missing my point. again, not all nudity, or exposed flesh, is showing off one's body.

still missing my point. again, not all nudity, or exposed flesh, is showing off one's body.

Not all nudity is showing off one's body? Then what do you consider it?

To be clear I'm not referring to people showering nude in the privacy of their own home. If someone is naked in a public space I automatically assume they are doing it for attention of some kind.

basically, it has now boiled down to if you dont like something, just call it something-ist.

years ago if you didnt like it, tough shit. now if you dont, a board will be assembled to discuss it, lawyers and organizations will get involved, apologies will be made, and the next thing you know you cant even wear a coconut bra because it is offensive

basically, it has now boiled down to if you dont like something, just call it something-ist.

years ago if you didnt like it, tough shit. now if you dont, a board will be assembled to discuss it, lawyers and organizations will get involved, apologies will be made, and the next thing you know you cant even wear a coconut bra because it is offensive

tumblr_lyqqh0DsZ21r3rcz5.jpg

Not all nudity is showing off one's body? Then what do you consider it?

To be clear I'm not referring to people showering nude in the privacy of their own home. If someone is naked in a public space I automatically assume they are doing it for attention of some kind.

nudity is simply the lack of putting clothes on. wearing clothes and showing off are both actions, nudity is inaction

comfort, functionality, simply not needing the benefit of extra layers. same reason men take their shirts off.

perhaps you thought "years ago" was a better time for all people in society? it wasnt

perhaps you thought "years ago" was a better time for all people in society? it wasnt

not in all aspects, of course not. not sure where you ame to that conclusion. but in a lot of incidents where everyone constantly whines over everything to get there way, it certainly was. its one thing when we are talking the right for women to vote or for blacks being counted as less than one full person.

its a total other thing when people

- are offended because a frat is wearing coconut bras

- cant count scores in competitions because it isnt fair to the losers

- girls think dress codes arent fair to them

and on and on

not in all aspects, of course not. not sure where you ame to that conclusion. but in a lot of incidents where everyone constantly whines over everything to get there way, it certainly was. its one thing when we are talking the right for women to vote or for blacks being counted as less than one full person.

its a total other thing when people

- are offended because a frat is wearing coconut bras

- cant count scores in competitions because it isnt fair to the losers

- girls think dress codes arent fair to them

and on and on

people are bothered by something, and are proactive in speaking up about it. that's not such a terrible thing. and yes that means stupid people will speak up as well, and will most likely make the most noise, but from the history that i've read, that's always been the case.

nudity is simply the lack of putting clothes on. wearing clothes and showing off are both actions, nudity is inaction

comfort, functionality, simply not needing the benefit of extra layers. same reason men take their shirts off.

Males can't take their shirts off during school. Is that sexist oppression in your opinion?

teachers are having enough sex with students without girls wearing booty shorts. but i would never want to stop a girl from wearing booty shorts coz i iz a horndawgz

The whole issue is pretty much distorted. It basically comes down to, should private schools be able to have any sort of dress code?

Is it oppression of students to have a dress code? If so, is that a human rights issue that needs to be dealt with?

Are all rules a form of oppression?

The whole issue is pretty much distorted. It basically comes down to, should private schools be able to have any sort of dress code?

Is it oppression of students to have a dress code? If so, is that a human rights issue that needs to be dealt with?

Are all rules a form of oppression?

As far as I understand, it's not.

She's just acting spoiled. there was an established dress code, she broke it. tough luck. Bunch of crybabies out there.

Back