gina carano has a better gogoplata then you

TacWar

Green Belt
Reaction score
So yeah, could anyone actually tell what she did wrong in that gogo? From what I saw it just seemed like the Kaitlyn was blocking with her arm, but wow Gina's gogo was pretty I wish she would have finished with that.

change your thread title and i'll tell you.

"I was trying to wear her down with the gogoplata...or I think that's what its called"

She sucked and came in over 4 lbs over weight. She is over hyped and dumb..i know right?

It didn't look like she had the foot completely under the chin. I have defended gogo's successfully by turning my head and tucking my chin so the shin doesn't get on the throat (not that technical, I know). It crushes the jaw and hurts like a bitch, but you can survive like Kaitlin did until the bell rings or until your opponent gets tired and goes for something else.

If she had the foot under the throat, she would have tapped pretty quickly.

I was more impressed with her RNC attempt though. Given 10 more seconds, Kaitlin would have had to tap or go out.

Overall, it looks like Gina's ground game is coming along decently, but I think she needs to work on her wrestling and clinch game a little bit. A few times they clinched and Gina looked like she didn't know what to do, and nearly gave up her back (or at least a good wrestler would have taken her back).

"I was trying to wear her down with the gogoplata...or I think that's what its called"

She sucked and came in over 4 lbs over weight. She is over hyped and dumb..i know right?
nah man. A lot of people had Kaitlin in this fight by knockout, and once Gina got her rhythm going she was owning Kaitlin on the feet with some good front kicks and she busted up her face pretty good with some heavy punches.

She wouldn't be able to do shit against the top female MMA fighters, but she is decently skilled and can put away most other female MMA'ers.

She just needs to focus completely on fighting and start training right so she can make weight and not look like an idiot by coming in overweight all the time.

I must admit that i was annoyed that she attempted that submission without at least being confident in what it was named.

She knows exactly what a gogoplata is. Just because she plays her goofy girl routine in the interview doesn't mean she doesn't know what the technique is. She threw it on quickly and slickly within 2 seconds of hitting the mat, and held it for long enough to take her opponent's wind, protect herself, and get an escape. If she had scooted her hips back a bit, or maybe hooked her own leg to get more pressure on the top half of Kaitlin's body, she might have even been able to finish it.

If she had passed her left leg over the shoulder she could have put more pressure on the choke.

And that comment about not knowing what a gogo was was cute as hell. I freaking love that girl.

Did she even have the other girl's arm wrapped with her choking leg?

Did she even have the other girl's arm wrapped with her choking leg?

yes but somehow she got her arm out, i thought at first she didn't have it and was laughing...then i said to myself...holy shit she does have it.

what was wrong with it... everything?

young's elbow was in her knee, when her knee needed to be around the shoulder... the opposite leg needed to be over her back to prevent escape... she needed to have her ankle/shin under the chin instead of part of the foot... she needed to actually know the name of what she was doing?!

She was wearing too much clothing to apply it properly.
Lesson learned hopefully...

Thank you, only reason she is popular is b/c of her looks.
Thats not what should make up popularity in fighting, esp. in fighting.

she didn't have her leg deep enough and the other girl (whether she knew it or not) was defending correctly.

^^^ defiently, she should wear some skin tight shorts instead, and a tank top instead of a stomach covering shirt

Thank you, only reason she is popular is b/c of her looks.
Thats not what should make up popularity in fighting, esp. in fighting.

thing is shes not THAT hot....shes just MUCH hotter then any other female fighter out right now, so thats why shes portrayed as this supermodel.

I was hoping she would lose last night, and i think that "i was doing the gogo, i think thats what its called" is a way of saying "the only reason i didnt finish her with the gogo is cuz i barely even know what it is, hell i barely even know the name" its like a humble "excuse" if you want....hell 90 percent of sherdog idiot posters know what a gogoplata is, your telling me gina carano a pro fighter doesnt? comon now..

she didn't have her right leg sunk into her Young's armpit deep enough and didn't secure the position by setting it up by going through the steps of mission control and New York. This allowed Young to pull her left arm out enough to block the choke and eventually pull out of it. This prevented the good positioning of her hands, she didn't have her right hand reaching over the back of Young's head securing the right foot and the left hand pushing up on the heel of her foot the increase pressure.

Also, Gina left her left leg hanging out in the breeze instead of using it to control Young's hip.

She took a gamble and went for submission over position, very basic stuff. Still give her credit for trying it.

Back