Gimme Your Favourite Album(s) To Review

scorpiorising

The world eater
@Brown
Reaction score
I'll have lots of spare time on random days to listen to music.

Throw me an album or two in any genre to listen to and when I get to it (chronological from first post to last) I will review it. Hopefully even get some new music into my rotation here. Any details of what songs are particularly good to you is appreciated as well.

I like metal, punk, all types of techno, rock, gangster rap and classic Rock mostly, but willing to try anything you guys can throw at me.

Gesloten Cirkel - M012 (Acid Techno) Only 3 tracks so its easy to discern if you're familiar with the style

Philharmonia Orchestra / Chorus- Il Barbiere di Siviglia (Opera) The overture is obviously one of the most famous individual movements/piece from this opera but listening to its full entirety is the way to go

Paysage D'hiver - Winterkaelte (Black Metal) Ultra lo-fi icy black metal about living in mountainous region of Swiss. You could try listen to the first track to get a picture of the whole album. Careful not to get permafrost!

Well that's a weird start. I've got 500gb of full albums but sure as hell don't have those. Time to look

VAST - Music For People

Whole album is great but:

3. I Don’t Have Anything
9. Song Without a Name
10. We Will Meet Again

are standouts.

Alcest - Kodama

Love the whole album, won't pick highlight songs because there's only 5 and an instrumental outro

Also, the Bruins better not fuck up this first round matchup with the Leafs

1) Sleepin' Rough by the Rumjacks, or...

2) Better Days by Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes

Local H-As Good as Dead
Rammstein-Mutter
Crossbreed-Synthetic Division
Ventana-The American Survival Guide vol.1

Coverge- Jane Doe

Radiohead: Ok Computer

Death Grips: The money store

Have a nice life: Deathconsciousness

VAST - Music For People

Whole album is great but:

3. I Don’t Have Anything
9. Song Without a Name
10. We Will Meet Again

are standouts.

I like this song so far. First track didnt stand out that much.

Song without a name & We will meet again are both standouts. The album in its entirety feels like it would be good around a campfire up at my cabin. I've actually never heard of this band and the album was quite entertaining from start to finish.
8 out of 10 I'd say. I'll give it another listen tmrw when I go for a run though.

I like this song so far. First track didnt stand out that much.

Song without a name & We will meet again are both standouts. The album in its entirety feels like it would be good around a campfire up at my cabin. I've actually never heard of this band and the album was quite entertaining from start to finish.
8 out of 10 I'd say. I'll give it another listen tmrw when I go for a run though.

Yeah the lead singer Jon Crosby is a very talented musician. One of those guys that should be more well known than he is.

The-moon-antarctica-600x900.jpg

My favorite album of all time, it'll either hit you or it won't, I'm not sure how much experience you have with Modest Mouse. The first 1/3rd of the album is the most generally listenable, the middle begins to get philosophical and melancholy, and the last few tracks are frontman Isaac Brock trying to make a connection that not everybody will feel, but can be very rewarding.

Full disclosure, I listened to this album a lot in my pot years, but if anything I like it even more now. The first 3 tracks and the last 5 are high on my list, with the middle being a slightly mixed bag. I consider "Stars Are Projectors" the centerpiece of the album, and probably my favorite song on it, but it's not for everyone.

Some preliminary Modest Mouse to give you an idea of what to expect:

Burial was so big for me. He completely changed my musical landscape. But it seems like Burial is strictly UK and his music doesn't work anywhere else. I moved to Canada and I've never had anyone here respond to his albums.

I'll have lots of spare time on random days to listen to music.

Throw me an album or two in any genre to listen to and when I get to it (chronological from first post to last) I will review it. Hopefully even get some new music into my rotation here. Any details of what songs are particularly good to you is appreciated as well.

I like metal, punk, all types of techno, rock, gangster rap and classic Rock mostly, but willing to try anything you guys can throw at me.

Lou Reed - Street Hassle

You need to do "reaction videos". I recently found out that that's a thing. Basically you need to listen to all the stuff requested in this thread and film and then post your immediate reaction while listening.

Swans - Cop
Primitive Man - Caustic
Imperial Triumphant - Vile Luxury
Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscapes

Back