GilMel: "Siver is definitely the biggest challenge for McG"

RockUmSockUm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Melendez stumbled while saying this, probably stifling a laugh or incredulity. All of the FSLive analysts were trying so hard to read the UFC queue cards trying to prop up Siver as a legit threat.

They know that he isn't but it's their job to lend credence to every opponent and to hype up fights.

He's the 2nd best in the division, which is why McGoat destroying him will be that much more impressive.

They know that he isn't but it's their job to lend credence to every opponent and to hype up fights.

At the cost of their personal integrity and reputations. Is it worth it for the cushy desk job? Not everyone thinks so. NFL analysts speak their minds and tell it like it is. Bush league UFC analysts speak their minds and could lose their analyst jobs. It's ridiculous.

Yea, Gil is playing his role. Ask Gil to go into detail and he will tell you Siver has fought at LW, he is the "biggest" challenge McGregor has faced.

At the cost of their personal integrity and reputations. Is it worth it for the cushy desk job? Not everyone thinks so. NFL analysts speak their minds and tell it like it is. Bush league UFC analysts speak their minds and could lose their analyst jobs. It's ridiculous.

Dominick Cruz usually does the same. He usually says what he thinks and is right. He isn't there to just disagree like some of the other analysts.

McG is a film producer. And a moron. I guess for him Siver would be the biggest challenge indeed

I agree. These blatant lies are fcking dumb. Not all fans are idiots

If they say otherwise they are banned by the ufc.

I have no problem with the UFC using a PR team to make promos full of bogus nonsense to sell their fights. But let the talking heads analyze. Or just call the roundtable what it is - a paid for advertisement. Like that page in the USA Today that looks like another news story but is really just a company's ad placement.

McG is a film producer. And a moron. I guess for him Siver would be the biggest challenge indeed

I enjoyed the 2nd Charlie's Angels movie ok. But yeah most of his movies suck. See why I refer to McG as such?

I have no problem with the UFC using a PR team to make promos full of bogus nonsense to sell their fights. But let the talking heads analyze. Or just call the roundtable what it is - a paid for advertisement. Like that page in the USA Today that looks like another news story but is really just a company's ad placement.

Exactly. The entire UFC on FS Live "analyst" team are just shilling for the UFC in the guise of real analysis and insight. People see DC, Cruz, etc giving "their opinions" and accept them because they respect these guys. But it's not really their opinions, it's Zuffa bs marketing. I also hate those fake news story ads in papers. For shame!

Maybe gilbert wasnt lying, Siver has a shit ton of fights in the ufc and has a winning record. Conor has just been real good with his hyped up predictions. If he in fact takes Siver out in two mins than he's legit. If not, Hes another Chael p. Sonnen.

It's funny how Siver went from a nobody who'll be fed to McG into McG's biggest threat. I believe Siver will have been the second biggest threat after Poirier.

Until Dom Cruz tells me I should care, I won't care. If Cruz tells me its a tough test, i'll take it more serious.

Well said. The "roundtable," as you put it, was a very cool idea to me. I honestly don't care for team sports, but I enjoy listening to experts discuss/debate openly about what they think of a match-up. Then I realized that these were essentially promotional tools for fans who might not know anything about the upcoming event.

I like seeing professionals give their picks and reasoning, but this group is personable. Let them speak freely, and you'll probably see a looser, more comfortable group of analysts. Unfortunately, they can't chance that because in an event like tonight's, if everyone's saying "Conor's a shoe-in, but Siver has a puncher's chance," who will watch besides the established, true fans? It's marketing for sure, but I get why.

Well its either Siver or Poirier.

I actually think its Holloway. He is a future contender in the division. 7-2 since his debut loss against poirier. The 2 losses vs Connor and a split Dec loss vs bermudez many thought he won. He just turned 23. People act like Connor has had an easy road but mcgoat has yet to face a can

Melendez stumbled while saying this, probably stifling a laugh or incredulity. All of the FSLive analysts were trying so hard to read the UFC queue cards trying to prop up Siver as a legit threat.

conor's biggest challenge was when Rory's mom was sick and could not dress Conor

Back