Gilbert Mendez vs. Eddie Avarez

This is one serious fight I'd love to see. I think it would be amazing. To be honest though, I don't really know much at all about Gilbert. I know a little about Eddie. But both are beasts and IMO the two best LWs outside the UFC. I think a fight between the two would easily be FOTN.

If they sign Eddy they should do it for number one contender.
Great fight and really a coin flip.

This is one serious fight I'd love to see. I think it would be amazing. To be honest though, I don't really know much at all about Gilbert. I know a little about Eddie. But both are beasts and IMO the two best LWs outside the UFC. I think a fight between the two would easily be FOTN.
No, they're 2 of the best lightweights outside of the UFC, but not the best 2. One can make a case for Chandler, the guy who beat Eddie being one of the best 2 lightweights in the world.

And saying this could be FOTN is underestimating it. This fight could be FOTY and one of the best fights in the history of MMA with how good and exciting both guys are to watch.

Depends which Gil shows up to fight. If it's the disinterested Gil who is happy to jab his way to a decision, then I think Eddie might have an edge. If it's Gangster Gil (come on guys let's make it into a thing), then sayonara Eddie.

My ultimate wish for these two would be for them both to debut in the UFC against each other. Having them starting out fighting one another for the #1 Contendership, headlining a PPV would be just absolutely awesome.

But since Gil will probably get a title shot against beno when he comes over, I can only hope that Eddie gets the same treatment.

A big Alvarez fan, but he gets dropped in every fight he is in and Melendez swarms on people when he has a guy hurt.

I think it would be a much better idea to have the guys who are finally coming to the UFC fight guys who are already in the UFC first....

Bendo vs Gil is gunna be great. In the mean time, I'd like to see Eddie debut against either Guida, Diaz, or Maynard, assuming he doesn't get an immediate title shot. Of those three though, I think Maynard would be the toughest fight for him.

i would favor alvarez. hes quicker and has more power, and a better ground game imo.

I think it would be a much better idea to have the guys who are finally coming to the UFC fight guys who are already in the UFC first....
Agreed.
A fight between them will come soon enough if they can win in the UFC.
After all, they're coming to find their place among the UFC LWs.

Back