Gilbert Melendez wants to avenge Nate Diaz's loss to Benson Henderson

Well my money says he's gonna be sh%t out of luck in his quest. He's out manned in every area of the proposed match=up with Bendo. That's just the way it is. Maybe if he met up with him 3 or 4 yrs ago, not now though.

I agree with JDS's sentiment on avenging teammates losses. That's their fight, not yours.

I see Benson out-pointing him in a 5 round fight. Would be pretty fun to watch.

I sure as fuck want to see that fight. That or Pettis if/when he wins.

Eh, people really shouldn't be writing Melendez out of this matchup. Bendo doesn't have incredible takedowns and Melendez can likely stay on his feet away from where Bendo is most dangerous (top position). Standing, Melendez has some pop and is a good finisher. He'll have to be wary of distance because of Bendo's low kicks but Bendo can be hit. Gil isn't an easy out for anyone at 55.

Eh, people really shouldn't be writing Melendez out of this matchup. Bendo doesn't have incredible takedowns and Melendez can likely stay on his feet away from where Bendo is most dangerous (top position). Standing, Melendez has some pop and is a good finisher. He'll have to be wary of distance because of Bendo's low kicks but Bendo can be hit. Gil isn't an easy out for anyone at 55.

Agree...Gil has the tools to take this fight ....don't know why the hate on sherdog

Well my money says he's gonna be sh%t out of luck in his quest. He's out manned in every area of the proposed match=up with Bendo. That's just the way it is. Maybe if he met up with him 3 or 4 yrs ago, not now though.

if you believe this you've lost it. Gil clearly has better boxing and more punching power. Obviously that means he's not out manned in every aspect.

Gil's striking is clearly better.. Benson doesn't have bad striking but it's certainly his weakness.... Any fighter that can stop his TDs with good striking has a good chance of beating him... Gil, Eddie, Chandler, Pettis, Maynard.. Frankie, he did it twice.

if you believe this you've lost it. Gil clearly has better boxing and more punching power. Obviously that means he's not out manned in every aspect.

Beat me by about 5 seconds!

Gilbert Melendez is in my opinion one of the most overrated fighters in mma

I think Benson will win the Decision, but it is going to be a tough fight for him. I can't wait to see it.

No he doesn't, he wants to fight for the UFC championship, but it just so happens...

It's inevitable, I see a dominate Bendo victory coming.

Should be one hell of a fight

Gotta feeling Gil's UFC career will mirror Jake Shields UFC career

Back