Gilbert Melendez vs Ben Henderson should headline next Fox card

^Aldo needs to get by Edgar first and i doubt the winner fights again less then 3 months later.

This is true. The easier answer would be "Aldo isn't fighting on network TV since he'll pull out with an injury" :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Melendez does not deserve an immediate shot.

Pettis/Bendo rematch > Melendez/Bendo

But hey, that's just me.

batman5_clip02.jpg

"now we're two"

the next fox card is scheduled for April and Henderson is the only title holder who will be available. They could always put on a lesser card but Henderson isn't a big ppv draw, they already have their headliners for Ufc 158(Gsp vs Diaz), 159(Jones vs Chael) and 160/161 aren't until May/June and that's when Anderson, the JDS/Cain winner and Aldo/Edgar winners should return.

I'd think that with a strong undercard GIl vs Bendo should do even better ratings than Diaz vs Bendo did.

I'd wait until after Cerrone/Pettis until they decide who is going to fight Bendo next.

Pettis/Henderson II is a much bigger fight than Henderson/Melendez.

Give Gil a warm up fight first.

April ??!?

Fcuk that, make that fight sooner!
I don't care if it's on FOX or PPV.... Main-Event or co-Main Event.

If you remember, Anthony Pettis "got" the UFC Title Shot coming straight from the WEC...

They made the announcement that Pettis-Frankie would be next after the Franke-Maynard draw, but Maynard's sad, sour-puss gave people a change of heart and made the immediate rematch.

None of that bullsh!t this time.

Melendez vs Benson is the fight to make.

Its a shame that theres no other real contenders right now so Gilbert gets the shot. He should still have to fight Pat Healy.

I've been saying this since he pulled out of the last Strikeforce card.

Benson Henderson vs either Melendez or Pettis has potential storyline for Fox to sell. Champ vs Champ or the Showtime Kick.

I'd probably go champ vs champ, though if Pettis beats Cerrone I wouldn't be put off if he got the shot.

I've been saying this since he pulled out of the last Strikeforce card.

lol at a guy who has been a perennial top 5 lw for half a decade "having" to fight a gatekeeper because he was too injured.

The fight only made sense because SF has no depth in any division. That would be like if the Ufc had bought and closed SF when Fedor was scheduled to fight Rogers and then people arguing Fedor must face Rogers to be legitimate.

lol at a guy who has been a perennial top 5 lw for half a decade "having" to fight a gatekeeper because he was too injured.

The fight only made sense because SF has no depth in any division. That would be like if the Ufc had bought and closed SF when Fedor was scheduled to fight Rogers and then people arguing Fedor must face Rogers to be legitimate.

If it was once, the fine. But he's pulled out of the same fight twice. So in fairness to the guy he was supposed to fight I think it should happen. Also just because he was king of the second best, doesn't mean he should get an immediate title shot. Loot at how good Lombard, Condit, Pettis and Shields were in their first fights in the UFC.

If it was once, the fine. But he's pulled out of the same fight twice. So in fairness to the guy he was supposed to fight I think it should happen. Also just because he was king of the second best, doesn't mean he should get an immediate title shot. Loot at how good Lombard, Condit, Pettis and Shields were in their first fights in the UFC.

Yes and look how good Rampage, Anderson, Bendo and Cerrone were in their first fights. OH but wait that doesn't fit your argument and wait Healy isn't a Ufc fighter so wouldn't he also suck in his first Ufc fight?

Btw Melendez never pulled out of the fight with Healy. Like Larkin/Rockhold the fight was never signed.

Yes and look how good Rampage, Anderson, Bendo and Cerrone were in their first fights. OH but wait that doesn't fit your argument and wait Healy isn't a Ufc fighter so wouldn't he also suck in his first Ufc fight?

Btw Melendez never pulled out of the fight with Healy. Like Larkin/Rockhold the fight was never signed.

Never signed doesn't mean never agreed to or never announced. Just means the contract wasn't signed. And the fighters you listed didn't get immediate title shots, so they actually support my argument.

Never signed doesn't mean never agreed to or never announced. Just means the contract wasn't signed. And the fighters you listed didn't get immediate title shots, so they actually support my argument.

the fighters I listed were not champions of their respective orgs.

Not that any of this matters. Dana White has said Gil would will get a title shot. Last I checked he ran the Ufc not irish thug.

the fighters I listed were not champions of their respective orgs.

Not that any of this matters. Dana White has said Gil would will get a title shot. Last I checked he ran the Ufc not irish thug.

Right. I'm a consumer of the product his company puts out, voicing my opinion on a forum dedicated to that product, agreeing with someone else who had the same opinion. Sorry if that confused you.

I think Melendez is great and all but In my opinion he's been fighting chumps forever now. I think he should have a contender fight after IMO obviously ducking out on the Healy fight

I'm still upset FOX didn't show Henderson vs Guida at FOX 1.

But this could be a great fight especially if FOX bills it as champ vs champ.

i'm not even mad about that anymore. but instead of having them talk nonsense for about 20+ minutes after the fight, they should have aired it anyway. i bet the viewers numbers would have gone up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back